BREXIT

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 320 | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Mar 2017 12:15 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

You have misunderstood many of my posts.

People do not misunderstand your posts. You have stated the same thing too many times.

You think the EU is marvelous, the UK is going to hell in a handcart and anyone who thinks differently is misguided.

We beg to differ.

Like 2      
12 Mar 2017 12:26 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Then there is Suez I could go on.

It has been a fashion for about 40 years now to denigrate the past of our nation.

All nations make mistakes, indeed some have a positively evil past.

However the past is a different place. If you put yourself in the perspective of the times in which the events happened before making judgements you will find that no nation has a prouder history.

Unlike you I am proud to be British and even prouder of my nations past.

Like 1      
12 Mar 2017 12:34 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

tteed - As pointed out on this thread recently we cannot hope to feed the population from our own resources so we should not be seeking to increase our population.

As backward and limited thinking as I can imagine. Even Mrs May does not believe that. You cannot make trade deals with the rest of the world without accepting skills and manpower from those countries in tandem. They simply won't accept it.

If you reduce food imports many a livelyhood will be lost and not replaced by a self sufficiency good life mentality. It is unrealistic.

The world is now a globalised industrial economy. You seem to want to turn back the clock. Is that the best you can do as an argument for voting Brexit? If so it's worse than I thought. What's next closed borders and the Navy patrolling the coasts to keep out ‘Johnny Foreigner’.

Nationalism causes war, Don't you know that. Being proud of a nation is hubris and self-satisfying. You can be pleased with achievement where it's merited but national pride for it's own sake is ugly.

This message was last edited by Mickyfinn on 12/03/2017.

Like 0      
12 Mar 2017 12:53 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Micky

As usual, totally misrepresting me and putting in things I have never said.

Even Mrs May does not believe that.

Are you on good terms with her then?

You cannot make trade deals with the rest of the world without accepting skills and manpower from those countries in tandem. They simply won't accept it.

Why and why not?

If you reduce food imports many a livelyhood will be lost and not replaced by a self sufficiency good life mentality. It is unrealistic.

Nothing to do with what I was saying.

The world is now a globalised industrial economy. You seem to want to turn back the clock. Is that the best you can do as an argument for voting Brexit? If so it's worse than I thought. What's next closed borders and the Navy patrolling the coasts to keep out ‘Johnny Foreigner’.

Total misrepresentation.

Nationalism causes war, Don't you know that. Being proud of a nation is hubris and self-satisfying. You can be pleased with achievement where it's merited but national pride for it's own sake is ugly.

There is a very big difference between Nationalism and being proud of your country. Another big misrepresentation.

This message was last edited by tteedd on 12/03/2017.

Like 3      
12 Mar 2017 12:55 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Mickeyfinn nationalism causes war what a statement are you sure ......Just look at what the Liberals have done to the Netherlands with riot's and a failure to integrated or don't you bother with TV news .

The Dutch government made a statement to the Turks that are rioting if you do not like it hear go back to Turkey.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 12/03/2017.

Like 2      
12 Mar 2017 1:22 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

windtalker

UK population growh will happen (as it will across most of the world)  with or without brexit so it is a silly statement you make in the place on a brexit thread

Post brexit a larger poulation, increased unemployment due to lack of jobs and industry, morr rleinac eom imports (with tariffiswink), more mouths to feed, more eductaion, more health care services all  from the benefits pot etc etc etc

The UK has nothing unique and most industry depends upon exports and foreign ownership and foreign inversment which will decline as other countreis offer bettetr terms and access to teh single market, it is alreday happening and many companies have plans in place as they awiat teh outcoem of teh exit dela

Still asking the exiters will they be happy if the UK remain in the single market with freedom of movement or not?

Nobody has a choice but come on answer the simple question

Like 0      
12 Mar 2017 1:40 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

"Still asking the exiters will they be happy if the UK remain in the single market with freedom of movement or not?"

Not sure if I should answer your Q or not Tad. All it usually gets is a misunderstanding, and it has been answered many times already, but here goes:

Single Market

We voted out of the EU. The single market is part of the EU and " 'Exit means 'Exit ". However all sensible people want a good trading relationship. 'Tarriff free' being the gold standard, and there is no reason, given good will, why we should not acheive that because that is what we have at the moment.

Freedom of movement

Is a symptom of the fact that we do not have control of our own laws and asperations. Our last administration made promises it could not achieve because we are in the EU. We want democratic control and we also want our own parliament to be supreme and represent the British people. If our government, that we elect, wants to stop immigration then it should be able to do so. If our government wants to allow selective skilled immigration then it should be free to do so. If it wants free unfetterred immigration then that would also be in it's remit (but it would loose the next election). Which brings us full circle, we want control of all our law making, not just on free movement, from the UK

Like 1      
12 Mar 2017 1:45 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Tadd 1966 I could not give a answer in a few words ..But what I will say is that the pro Europe camp should stop blaming the pro leavers for all the problems that Brexit will bring they should be blaming the politicians for the mess they have got the UK into .By not implementing change's to accommodate the migrants .

Like 1      
12 Mar 2017 1:51 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

As backward and limited thinking as I can imagine. Even Mrs May does not believe that. You cannot make trade deals with the rest of the world without accepting skills and manpower from those countries in tandem. They simply won't accept it.

Micky sorry but you really don't see it do you? no one has said anything about stopping people coming here from the EU  with the nessary skills that the UK is getting short of, mostly of our own making, what manpower do you mean? is it the fact that people from Turkey who cannot come here legally,  then check out the numerous Turkish mens barbers that are  opening up with different staff every month, check out the kebab shops with a turn over of workers more then the food, and many more doing the same, said this so many times now, I am involved with incomers one day a week, I do not see any people from within the EU, unless you mean the Syrians, Iraqi's, and so on, who tell me they are Dutch, French and anything else they can lie about, the other hundred or so are from countries who have no right to be here, no skills, put nothing into our system, take as much out as they can, cause trouble when they can, and will NOT integrate.

If you reduce food imports many a livelihood will be lost and not replaced by a self sufficiency good life mentality. It is unrealistic.

Somewhere someone will sell the products they produce, have done in the past, will do so in the future.

Our Royal Navy already patrols our coast lines for many reason, illegals one of them, you are not told of the extent of this because you don't need to know, but they can't be everywhere.

This country, the UK is a very proud nation, sure we have a lot of problems at the moment with our home grown idiots but for the most part the biggest problem is the rubbish that is coming into it that wants to destroy what it has taken us hundreds of years to put right. No politician ever looks further then the front door of their own house, the Queen thinks this country smells of fresh paint, every one of them is protected from the troubled areas, never visit them to see what is really going on, and worse then anything are not interested in what the public tell them because they are all blinkered into thinking and believe that every one who comes in,  will vote for them and pays Tax. 

Like 2      
12 Mar 2017 2:04 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

windtalker

We have been down this road before many times and immigration is NOT the EU's fault and Brexit is NOT going to fix it how many times has this got to be said

As for blaming the brexiters yes it will be their fault no matter as they were the ones who voted out and gave the govt  carte blanche to agree whatever brexit deal they want with NO accountability to anyone

So come on answer the question would you (as an exiter) be happy with a deal that takes the UK out of the EU but remains part of single market with freedom of movement?

Like 2      
12 Mar 2017 2:30 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Tadd 1966 the single market is a good  idea but if it includes mass uncontrollable migration ...Then what I would say is that it comes at to high a price any country that does not control it's borders by stopping undesirables entering is heading for trouble .. Controlled emigration is the only way forward ...You mark my words when the UK leaves the EU  .The EU will implement Border controlls if they don't the nomadic economic migrants will move from country to country overloading their chosen countries resources .

Like 2      
12 Mar 2017 2:42 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

windtalker

The UK has excellent border controls now and it does not stop immigartion

When the French close the camps in Calais and kick out UK BF from France it will get worse as immigration camps start yo get set up in Dover

If I recall correctly Switzerland tried to have a caveat in freedom of movement and it was rejected

The only price for the UK in immigartion is what is on offer in the UK from the UK system (jobs and free benefist to all)

You really need to separate this issue of immgartion you have from brexit there are far bigger implictaions and risks for us all

Will an exit stop EU citizens from wanting to come to UK - no they will still find a way and join the rest of the non EU migranst trying to get to the UK as long as the UK keep offering jobs and free benefits

So it seems you would be happy with a brexit deal that keeps the UK in the single market and freedom of movenment for EU citizens with a caveat, but what will you say if it is agreed as it is now?

Like 2      
12 Mar 2017 4:51 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

I see clearly that I'm not mistaken in my conclusion on why Brexit happened if these ‘outers’ posts represent main stream British thinking. All it sadly is is a mixture of basic prejudice, mis-information and ignorance of liberal democratic political thinking in the world.

This ghastly mistake the British are making is based on nothing more.

India has already clearly said if the UK wants a free trade deal they will have to agree to accept visa free migrant labour in the country. That can happen because each country will make it a condition the British will have to accept or walk away.

The British will need free trade deals with just about every nation on the planet to replace the EU single market in terms of economic value to the nation. Just like the EU single market, the idea that any free trade deal with other nations can come without negatives or costs for Britain is simply unrealistic.

It is quite clear Brexit happened because the public were misled and conned. It’s very easy to persuade people to act in a certain way when they play to their personal prejudices. The price for that is going to be very high eventually for the people involved.

This message was last edited by Mickyfinn on 12/03/2017.

Like 3      
12 Mar 2017 5:05 PM by mikelorna Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

I voted remain and i'm proud of it  MP

Like 2      
12 Mar 2017 5:42 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

"So come on answer the question"

Tadd

Now you are really being exasperating. It was answered (for the umpteenth time) 20 minutes before your post!

Like 1      
12 Mar 2017 5:46 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

"I voted remain and i'm proud of it  MP"

Good for you. With any luck you will never get the chance to regret it.

Like 0      
12 Mar 2017 5:52 PM by robertt8696 Star rating in Midlands, UK. 479 posts Send private message

Mickeyfinn you are very naughty and provocative by things you say, such as," It’s very easy to persuade people to act in a certain way when they play to their personal prejudices.  What about your own "personal prejudices" which keep you banging on about why the UK should stay in the EU without any truly valid reasons for remaining, other than you harping on about the rate of exchange and how it will devalue your pension, a pension which as i stated earlier you should consider yourself lucky to retain, seeing as you live in the EU .

You also say "The price for that is going to be very high eventually for the people involved." well it is a price most UK citizens who voted in or out are more than happy to endure, as being patriotic and considerate, they know they can hold true to their beliefs, whereas you dont wish to be patriotic, or seem to have any right thinking belief, you have sold yourself out to the EU, and can see nothing else.

The EU peddles the belief that as we are all as good as a federal state we should all be one unified state of "good europeans", but i disagree, we should all care for the country of our birth, and be only too quick to praise that country, WHATEVER country we come from, and be "good europeans" as a secondary consideration. If that is patriotism, give me patriotism first, and being a good european second, and i will take the consequences. If you are considerate being patriotic makes no difference to the relationship you hold with other countries, and if you think differently you are a very poor soul.

Like 3      
12 Mar 2017 5:54 PM by robertt8696 Star rating in Midlands, UK. 479 posts Send private message

I voted but i am proud to be British

Like 1      
12 Mar 2017 6:06 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Well said Robert, we can all be European but British first.

Europeans are strongly nationalistic, I met a lovely Dutch couple last night in Spain who expressed their hatred of the French because of the way they were treated in the past by some.It takes all sorts but the EU model is NOT the B all and end all as you rightly say.

The UK will not lose out by being part of Europe but NOT the current EU.

Like 0      
12 Mar 2017 6:13 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

I see clearly that I'm not mistaken in my conclusion on why Brexit happened if these ‘outers’ posts represent main stream British thinking. All it sadly is is a mixture of basic prejudice, mis-information and ignorance of liberal democratic political thinking in the world.

This ghastly mistake the British are making is based on nothing more.

India has already clearly said if the UK wants a free trade deal they will have to agree to accept visa free migrant labour in the country. That can happen because each country will make it a condition the British will have to accept or walk away.

The British will need free trade deals with just about every nation on the planet to replace the EU single market in terms of economic value to the nation. Just like the EU single market, the idea that any free trade deal with other nations can come without negatives or costs for Britain is simply unrealistic.

It is quite clear Brexit happened because the public were misled and conned. It’s very easy to persuade people to act in a certain way when they play to their personal prejudices. The price for that is going to be very high eventually for the people involved.

More baloney and more MY OPINION from the Mickey Taker

The EU was conceived at a time of high international trade tariffs, long gone, but maybe soon to reappear in the USA.

Globalisation and WTO treaties have brought average trade tariffs down to very low numbers, so what is all this crap about Free Trade Deals?

Like 1      

Pages: Previous | ... | 320 | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | ... | Next |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

2015 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER EXPERT CARBON WORLD CUP - 0 posts
Renting - 7 posts
New law for private rentals in Andalucia - 110 posts
Questions for someone who lives in Corralejo, Fuerteventura. - 0 posts
Looking to buy in Hacienda del Alamo - 15 posts
new to forum - 11 posts
Form 210 non residential tax form - 1 posts
Part time self employment - 1 posts
Supreme Court- Law 57/68- Creditor´s meeting - 0 posts
Property to auction - 7 posts
Buying a car to keep in Spain... - 4 posts
HELP REQ'D WITH A SURVEY FOR A HND - 3 posts
Transfering car from UK to Spain How to do it - 14 posts
Moving to spain - 12 posts
Parking at Gatwick Airport - Discount Code - 0 posts
intercontinental hotel al torre golf resort...re opening? - 1 posts
Printed plan of Cala Mosca Development - 0 posts
For sale Ovation Balladeer LX electro acoustic guitar - 0 posts
Job and renting info please? - 8 posts
TV content from 'home' - 5 posts
Donald Trump - 61 posts
Looking for advice on which estate agent to use..... - 7 posts
Buying Travel Insurance whilst living in Spain - 6 posts
Law 57/68 claims - 25 posts
Hi - new: moving from UK Sussex to Galicia in summer 2016. - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7451

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | 262 | 263 | 264 | 265 | 266 | 267 | 268 | 269 | 270 | 271 | 272 | 273 | 274 | 275 | 276 | 277 | 278 | 279 | 280 | 281 | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | 293 | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | 306 | 307 | 308 | 309 | 310 | 311 | 312 | 313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | 320 | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | 332 | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | 358 | 359 | 360 | 361 | 362 | 363 | 364 | 365 | 366 | 367 | 368 | 369 | 370 | 371 | 372 | 373 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x