Looking to buy in Hacienda del Alamo

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Feb 2016 5:46 PM by poppydog2 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi

We are thinking of purchasing a property at Hacienda del Alamo. We like everything about it BUT concerned about proximity of the runway at Corvera airport. Looking at Google Earth, the flight path is directly above Hacienda del Alamo and appears only about 3 miles away. We know this airport may or may not open. Do any residents have any knowledge of test flights and how low these planes might fly?

We read somthing recently stating San Javier airport must close in order for Corvera to open and flights will be operational for 24 hours.

One estate agent told me it was nothing to worry about as the planes would be flying across the sea. He obviously hadn't seen the runway on google earth!

Any advice on test flights etc gratefully received.

thanks

Like 0      
02 Feb 2016 6:39 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

the flight path, if the airport ever opens, is directly over HDA and wll pass over the apartments, by the main entrance, then over the gap in the mountains

Flight plans will vary depending on wind between arrival and departure passing over the resort

The only testing so far has been fo calibration with propellor based aircraft and I believe that the hight is around 3000 mts on departure for jets but not 100% sure  

Like 0      
02 Feb 2016 10:55 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

When the new Corvera airport opens the property on Hacienda  will rocket in price as the airport will only be a 30 minutes drive ,I own a villa on Camposol and can't wait for the new airport to open the flight path's don't bother me as the plane's will probably be at 30,000 feet above .

Like 1      
03 Feb 2016 8:22 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Windtalker do you mean just like the property prices around St Javier airport

Like 0      
03 Feb 2016 8:49 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

which of course fell in price by the same amount as all of the other properties in the area and actually should increase in price when the airport moves,especially for the large number of Spanish visitors who drive to the area, because there are so few flights available

Like 0      
03 Feb 2016 9:14 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Property will be allot easier to sell in the surrounding Corvera airport area ,let's say you buy a place roughly half hour drive to the airport that has got to be a big selling point  but unfortunately if you live in the immediate vicinity of any airport I would say you would have a big problem with noise selling your property could be a problem.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2016 9:31 AM by poppydog2 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

thanks for your replies. Just wish Corvera airport would either open or remain closed and that would help everyone make a decision!

Like 0      
03 Feb 2016 7:07 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

No sure that'll make much difference at least for a while, as there will be so few fights. 

The last time I flew from St Javier I showed my boarding pass at the duty free desk, as you do, to be told that she wasn't interested as there was only one flight that day!

Like 0      
04 Feb 2016 12:20 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

If this is the Condado you're talking about, I found the apartments there to be quite small for the prices they were asking. I think you could get more room for your money elsewhere. 

Like 0      
04 Feb 2016 12:42 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

The OP has said 

Looking to buy in Hacienda del Alamo

So I don't think we are talking  about Condado ?

Like 1      
04 Feb 2016 5:19 PM by poppydog2 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Not Condado.

We are looking at buying in Hacienda del Alamo golf resort. The properties look really spaicous compared to other golf resorts. It was just the flight path that concerns us but not a lot we can do about that as Corvera airport is still not open, so no way of testing it out at the mo.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2016 5:33 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Some nice stuff on HDA even the apts are a good size, would not bother being on there, even if the planes do come in, If  it has the same amount of flights as SJ it's no big deal.

This message was last edited by newworld on 05/02/2016.

Like 0      
26 Mar 2016 4:20 PM by MillyC Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Hi poppydog... We have recently just beenover to Spain on an inspection visit looking to buy an apartment, we looked at a number of resorts, looking at the facilities, pool, restaurants etc..plus golf, practice areas, clubhouse etc..as well as proximity to the coast at either San javier or Alicante airport.  We were put off hacienda del Alamo due to the predicted flight path plus there are two pig farms close by that in the summer can be very smelly....Whilst the new airport has moved a step further it has still not been said when/if it will open. The proposed theme park which would be only 10 minutes from hacienda del Alamo has been canned.

We rerally liked La Torre golf resort, the golf facilities are really good, number of pools, cafe's/bars and restaurants plus more on the way due to the sale of the intercontinental hotel which will only means prices will go up and more amenities will open. About 20min from san javier/30 from Alicante and 20 minutes from the coast.  We bought with Blue med invest and get the keys next week...Really great value for money on a lovely resort.  Goodluck with your search....prices are on the up....

Paul and Sue

Like 0      
30 Mar 2016 1:26 PM by paulauk Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

Hacienda Del Alamo - A lovely ​resort which is very spacious and has different style properties all at very reasonable prices.  

We purchased an apartment on the Spanish Pueblo last year and have no regrets. The apartment is spacious and even had all white goods installed along with hot /  cold air con.  

We had previously looked at various resorts: condado, la torre etc but Hacienda won hands down.  

Corvera Airport is only a 15 minute drive and if the airport ever opens then it will be a big plus for us as it will be on our door step, rather than the 30 min drive to San Javier or Alicante airport.

Yes there will be aircraft noise but if flights are as few like at San Javier then this wont be a problem at all. Infact last time we stayed in San Javier, the little jets what practise every day over the Mar Menor were very annoying compared with aircraft noise !!

We really hope that Corvera opens as I personally hope and believe that this will bring more tourism / golfers / holidaymakers to Hacienda Del Alamo which will then hopefully entice an investor to buy the hotel which is fully built and ready to open.   

Honestly......if Corvera Airport ever does open, then anybody reading this, please promise to visit HDA and give it a try.

This message was last edited by paulauk on 30/03/2016.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2016 2:45 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Whatever happened to the Paramount theme park?

As for Corvera  airport - now many years has it been going to open?

Like 0      
30 Mar 2016 2:59 PM by paulauk Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

Paramount as far as I know is definitely not going to go ahead, however I am hoping due to the airport being fully built that this will eventually open......Im sure people have been saying this for years.....we can only hope x

Murcia today keeps you updated with the progress on Corvera

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

new to forum - 11 posts
Form 210 non residential tax form - 1 posts
Part time self employment - 1 posts
Supreme Court- Law 57/68- Creditor´s meeting - 0 posts
Property to auction - 7 posts
Buying a car to keep in Spain... - 4 posts
HELP REQ'D WITH A SURVEY FOR A HND - 3 posts
Transfering car from UK to Spain How to do it - 14 posts
Moving to spain - 12 posts
Parking at Gatwick Airport - Discount Code - 0 posts
intercontinental hotel al torre golf resort...re opening? - 1 posts
Printed plan of Cala Mosca Development - 0 posts
For sale Ovation Balladeer LX electro acoustic guitar - 0 posts
Job and renting info please? - 8 posts
TV content from 'home' - 5 posts
Donald Trump - 61 posts
Looking for advice on which estate agent to use..... - 7 posts
Buying Travel Insurance whilst living in Spain - 6 posts
Law 57/68 claims - 25 posts
Hi - new: moving from UK Sussex to Galicia in summer 2016. - 4 posts
Restrictions on driving with a Spanish DL. - 8 posts
Set up on-line electricity contract - 5 posts
Gringo Americans Seeking Advice (Por Favor) - 2 posts
Sam Brooks - 10 posts
Gas water heater - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x