BREXIT

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Oct 2016 1:45 PM by tenerife Star rating. 130 posts Send private message

Tadd1966,

Breathe a sigh of relief. How do you come to that belief? Cristal ball?

This message was last edited by tenerife on 14/10/2016.

Like 1      
14 Oct 2016 2:03 PM by BigAl2015 Star rating. 194 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Against forum rules - inciting **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 10/14/2016 2:45:00 PM.

Like 0      
14 Oct 2016 2:11 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

No need to get personal if you don't like my posts don't read them 

We all have our views tosh or not 

Based on discussions with many friends who voted out they would happily change their vote and not everyone would want to participate in civil unrest them days are gone

Like 1      
14 Oct 2016 2:26 PM by BigAl2015 Star rating. 194 posts Send private message

rob_j1

Looks to me like you would make a very good politician, very long answers that avoid any questions:

I will clarify because I am sure I will be educated by your reply:

1. Am I to assume that you meant to say we sell 44% of our exports to the EU and not 44% of our economy?

2. Do you advocate 'controlled immigration' or 'uncontrolled immigration'?

I beg to differ on the 'greying demographic':

Throwing bucketloads of immigrants into the working population only creates a 'snowball effect', ie. how  many immigrants do we then need to pay the pensions of the immigrants that we take on now, where will it end?

Surely the best thing to do is let the current residents of the UK who are out of work take up any available positions, this then is a 'double whammy', we stop paying benefits to the previously unemployed resident and they contibute to pensions of elderly now..... before you say those out of work are too idle, this is an overused 'get out' and totally untrue, I can vouch for this because I was unfortunate enough to be unemployed a few years ago and because I was keen to get back in employment straight away, I signed up for an agency and found that immigrants were being given preferential treatment and were the first to be offered work.

Having said all that I am in favour of 'controlled migration', when we have all our current residents that are able to work, in work, then we can PLAN to take in migrants to fulfill jobs that are needed to filled. This though must be supported by the infrastructure to accomodate the immigrants, ie housing, hospitals, schools etc.

This message was last edited by BigAl2015 on 14/10/2016.

Like 1      
14 Oct 2016 2:33 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Britain has been running a trade deficit with the EU and the rest of the world that amounts to 5% of GDP. What that means is the country has to borrow that 5% plus the remainder of interest costs to finance the existing debt. 

The shock of a hard Brexit will deepen the economic crisis for Britain and unless imports are reduced by higher costs and a further fall in Sterling, Britain PLC will dive deeper in the red.

The people who warned the voters during the referendum campaign were never scare mongering they were telling the British the long term truth. The voters decided they cared more about immigration that economic stability. Well they have made their bed now they will have to lie it in.

……”and frankly my dears I don’t give a dam”. I have had to sell off all my financial assets to deal with Brexit so if the British have to suffer some pain as well that’s justice of a sort.

Like 1      
14 Oct 2016 2:35 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Tadd1966 you and people like you that are sore loser's are officially know as Remoners ,to the people like myself that voted in the Democratic election the outs win by a majority live with it for gods sake .The evidence is right in front of you the EU Mafia want the UK to leave the so called common market ,it is coming to a point that we in the UK will not buy from the EU and instead source goods from none EU countries due to the European products being to expensive for our importer's to purchased ,Yes the EU countries can laugh a the UK and say l told you so but we in the UK import at least 60% of the good's we sell so the EU should not piss off the guys with the cheque books   will have the last laugh.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 14/10/2016.

Like 1      
14 Oct 2016 2:38 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

bigal2015

what another load of drivel (or is it toshwink) there are millions of Uk citizens claiming benefits and they cannot afford to go to work and they will not work.

Many multi generation familes on benefits unlike you and many others who actively seek work of course

Mayeb the migranst that got preferretial treatment were better qualified / experienced / cheaper / more flexible etc.  than you

Nothing to do with migration

working migrants pay into the system so why shoudn't they get a pension they deserev a pension far more than the UK citizens who are life long benefit scroungers

This message was last edited by Tadd1966 on 14/10/2016.

Like 1      
14 Oct 2016 2:46 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

windtalekr

not a sore loser and I would happily accept the out vote if it was done with the correct information instead of the lies and the unkowns

don't kid yourslef that the RoW wants to trade with the uk on any terms when they have a choice - remember most of the uk manufacturing is non uk owned and may no longer be in the uk post brexit so what exactli is the uk offers to RoW

Like 1      
14 Oct 2016 2:46 PM by tenerife Star rating. 130 posts Send private message

Micky,

Is it not possible that the 'shock of a hard Brexit ' maybe have little or no effect, because of our numorous trade deals with the rest of the world: or have you conveniately discounted that likelyhood? In any event, our firms will still like to trade with theirs; it's called doing bussiness!

Like 0      
14 Oct 2016 2:50 PM by tenerife Star rating. 130 posts Send private message

Tadd1966,

You're not a glass ' half empty ' type of person by any chance?

Being the 5th largest economy in the world, i would think we have plenty to offer. If not in manufacturing, how about in services?

Like 0      
14 Oct 2016 3:02 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Tenerife

our firms will still like to trade with theirs

Which our firms are you referring to?

Most UK based firms have overseas owners

Like 1      
14 Oct 2016 3:22 PM by tenerife Star rating. 130 posts Send private message

So, even if they're foreign owned, it means we don't derive any benefit ,does it? Why bother having them in the UK then?

Like 0      
14 Oct 2016 3:22 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Did you see BBC Question Time last night?....the impression was very different to what you portray Tadd. The majority appeared to be keen to retain controls over their laws borders and sovereign rights, some even suggesting it was a price worth paying and many expressed continuing support to come out of Europe. Their reaction when one of the panelists tried to bring up the 320 million again was an indication that they had appreciated the net figure during the campaign and were sick to death of attempts to try and reinforce a falsehood i.e. to imply that this figure was anything other than  a gross figure.

Also the Hardtalk program is worth listening to as the interviewer pressed Ian Duncan Smith hard on a whole spectrum of questions for which he answered and defended his opinions with a welcome clarity....not side stepping the issues.

Rob j1 thanks for your response.

Do you not see the EU bureaucrats intransigence as the stumbling block to rational negotiations, with need for far greater flexibility  towards the varying needs of different member states, instead of expecting one size to fit all, so to speak? Especially when Germany and France have their upcoming elections and the issues of migration appear to be of major concern to a large portion of their voting public? Their Govts could fall if they don't pay adequate heed, with a consequential and growing threat from extreme radical elements?

Do you not see that Brexit has returned control away from such a threat to the UK? If this had remained unattended without giving the UK time to finally address the lack of forward planning for housing, education, and infrastructure, from the impact on lowering wages, etc from the EU's continuing enforced open door policies ( without any ability to decide who is of benefit to the UK economy in that process), this could well have irrevocably challenged the tolerance of the UK society to breaking point. Plus we now need to ensure that the compromising failures to recoup monies from the EU, that it appears we were entitled to within the health service, is swiftly addressed in the interim.

Failures were on all sides but it became clear to the majority in the UK that we could not continue indefinitely with the staus quo, so long as the EU bureaucrats refused to acknowledge their failures to forward plan and demonstrate greater flexibility to adequately respond to the inevitable pressures that relate to uncontrolled freedom of movement. We were made to feel as though we were the only ones with genuine concerns, when ironically it transpires that there are all too many citizens with equal concerns to our own, across member states.

When are the EU bureaucrats going to recognise the growing unnease in other member states? When are they going to comprehend that they are the ones that are risking the stability of Europe and causing division through their inflexible approach? Are they not realising this behind closed doors when the 27 member states come together?

This message was last edited by ads on 14/10/2016.

Like 0      
14 Oct 2016 3:23 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

I am not a sore loser, I was disenfranchised and not allowed a vote because I have lived outside the UK for more than 15 years. From choice I might add but I have some business interests in the UK and actually pay tax in the UK so I have a personal stake in the consequences of Brexit.

I also think that a decision like this should not be taken from such a small majority. Plainly those who voted to remain are also going to suffer the consequences. You may say that is democracy but some recognition of that should be acknowledged by the government and not go headlong, willy nilly into a hard Brexit. The problem for the remainers is the government is now stuffed with hard right Thatcherites who want rid of the EU at any price.

A government governs for everyone not just those who wanted to leave. Even Parliament is being denied a vote which cannot be right in any parliamentary system.

Like 4      
14 Oct 2016 3:29 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Tadd1966 the UK government including Mr Cameron told us more lies than Billy could tell the biggest lie of all was the uncontrollable migration from the EUROPE that we had no power to stop according to the EU rules, this is what swung the vote for the OUT camp The PM from the UK went over to the EU to try and stop this and was sent back the the UK with his thum stuck up his back side this is what really pissed people off in the UK nothing else.

Like 1      
14 Oct 2016 3:30 PM by BigAl2015 Star rating. 194 posts Send private message

Tadd1966

what another load of drivel (or is it toshwink) there are millions of Uk citizens claiming benefits and they cannot afford to go to work and they will not work.

To a certain extent I agree, there is probably a workshy element' but it is not millions.

Many multi generation familes on benefits unlike you and many others who actively seek work of course.

I would place money that migrants will 'cotton on' to our overgenerous system and abuse it as well when they get their feet under the table, which will only make things worse.

Mayeb the migranst that got preferretial treatment were better qualified / experienced / cheaper / more flexible etc.  than you

NO on all accounts.

I disagree.

working migrants pay into the system so why shoudn't they get a pension they deserev a pension far more than the UK citizens who are life long benefit scroungers.

Anyone who has worked the qualifying time towards their pension should receive it, don't think I said they shouldn't get a pension, did I?

Like 0      
14 Oct 2016 3:53 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

NO on all accounts.

How can you be 100% sure (please dont say the agent told you all this!!)

ie. how  many immigrants do we then need to pay the pensions of the immigrants that we take on now, where will it end?

maybe implied so apologies

I disagree.

I suppsoe it is but not a migration problem ony a UK attitude and nothing to do with EU or brexit

To a certain extent I agree, there is probably a workshy element' but it is not millions

sorry but but is millions and many do not register as unemployed look at welfare budgets, longterm unemployed especially in poorer areas

I would place money that migrants will 'cotton on' to our overgenerous system and abuse it as well when they get their feet under the table, which will only make things worse.

There we go by George I think you have got it - the problem is not EU or brexit it is the UK's problem. How will Brexit fix this over generous system of the UK or stop migrants getting them now or in the future Eu or non EU? 

Like 1      
14 Oct 2016 7:26 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Has anyone noticed the amount of van delivery drivers working on behalf of Amazon, Achica, Groupon etc. delivering our online orders have an Eastern European twang go their accent.

I have absolutely no problem with that as most are very efficient and polite but I would comment that I hadn't realised the UK had a skill shortage of white van man.

Just saying.

Like 1      
14 Oct 2016 7:36 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Our wonderfully unbiased Head of the Bank of England has once again scared the masses by telling us all the food prices will rise due to the weakness of the pound yet again.

As an experienced banker I would have thought he would have noted the weakness, for a number of years of the South African Rand, I am sure they would live to sell the UK much of the fruit and veg produce we currently buy from Europe.

I ll wager there are also numerous smaller Caribbean and African countries longing to supply us with produce to help them out of poverty.

Why is it always just about Europe? There's a world of producers and consumers out there.

If Europe want our goods they will buy them.

If Europe wants to sell to us they will do so to help their own economies.

WTO tariffs under globalisation average under 3% unless it's the Chineses importing cheap steel.

The claims of tariffs rising ridiculously by the  Remoaners, is yet more fiction.

Like 0      
14 Oct 2016 9:02 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Talking of steel, is it correct to say that Greybull Capital have saved Tata Steel and that sales for good quality steel have picked up? Are they also a British investment firm?

Post Brexit is this good news for the UK if our product remains more competitive with Germany given the change in sterling?Plus with the increase in UK house building and infrastructure projects  is it more likely that we will start to use more of our own steel?

Or is that overoptimistic? ;)

Also whilst we're about it and with regard to demonstrating a willingness to learn from best practice here's an interesting article.

www.theguardian.com/global/2016/mar/30/the-uk-could-learn-a-lot-from-germanys-long-term-industrial-strategy

Like 1      

Pages: Previous | ... | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | ... | Next |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

2015 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER EXPERT CARBON WORLD CUP - 0 posts
Renting - 7 posts
New law for private rentals in Andalucia - 110 posts
Questions for someone who lives in Corralejo, Fuerteventura. - 0 posts
Looking to buy in Hacienda del Alamo - 15 posts
new to forum - 11 posts
Form 210 non residential tax form - 1 posts
Part time self employment - 1 posts
Supreme Court- Law 57/68- Creditor´s meeting - 0 posts
Property to auction - 7 posts
Buying a car to keep in Spain... - 4 posts
HELP REQ'D WITH A SURVEY FOR A HND - 3 posts
Transfering car from UK to Spain How to do it - 14 posts
Moving to spain - 12 posts
Parking at Gatwick Airport - Discount Code - 0 posts
intercontinental hotel al torre golf resort...re opening? - 1 posts
Printed plan of Cala Mosca Development - 0 posts
For sale Ovation Balladeer LX electro acoustic guitar - 0 posts
Job and renting info please? - 8 posts
TV content from 'home' - 5 posts
Donald Trump - 61 posts
Looking for advice on which estate agent to use..... - 7 posts
Buying Travel Insurance whilst living in Spain - 6 posts
Law 57/68 claims - 25 posts
Hi - new: moving from UK Sussex to Galicia in summer 2016. - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7451

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | 262 | 263 | 264 | 265 | 266 | 267 | 268 | 269 | 270 | 271 | 272 | 273 | 274 | 275 | 276 | 277 | 278 | 279 | 280 | 281 | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | 293 | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | 306 | 307 | 308 | 309 | 310 | 311 | 312 | 313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | 320 | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | 332 | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | 358 | 359 | 360 | 361 | 362 | 363 | 364 | 365 | 366 | 367 | 368 | 369 | 370 | 371 | 372 | 373 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x