Rough justice yet again!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jun 2010 2:00 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

sounds like there should be a facebook for us middle aged and old aged people. Perhaps it should be called   ''wrinkledface book''?

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 2:11 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Stop-house-demolitions-in-Albox-and-other-areas-of-Spain/274981508867?ref=ts,

This is one group that already exists on Facebook and has over 2,000 members. You may have to be a member to open this link and take a look.

(Thanks Goodstich)

Poppyseed

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 6:36 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

ads said

''And so you identify another problem that to be divisive is no solution. We should all be working together proactively on this.''

ads/Poppyseed

I feel that statement is very true, but on the 'good news' thread this afternoon, one member is already taking the micky out of  those of us considering KP's idea of getting as many people as possible to join those on facebook who face dire problems like demolition or losing their life's savings. Sickening, but I for one realise I must focus on those who do care about those wronged and want to help. As Faro said, honesty and truth is the way to go even if in the short term it looks negative to some who seem happy to watch thousands of us face lies and deception.

Anyway, on a happier note, Murrey's through to the next round at wimbledon, and Italy are out of the world cup, so now we just have Germany and Argentina to deal with!!!

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 3:24 PM by peteha Star rating. 110 posts Send private message

Hi

Take a look at the following link it contains an article on page  2 of Sur in English.

it concerns the owners of Aifos being tried in court for fraud.

I presume this will be one of many such cases.

http://services.surinenglish.com/virtual/20100625/

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 3:41 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

.......I hope so, and not before time!.  How hard would it be for some of  their substanial assets to be given to those who have won cases against them, before the banks get the lions share?.   I even had a court embargo in place for that reason, which became invalid when they went under, thanks to the 2 year court delay.

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 6:42 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

I wonder how many more have been compromised by court delays in this case against Aifos?

I noticed in that article  (thanks to Peteha for that by the way) that it said thus " Aifos administrators confirmed that the money handed over by the buyers had not been put towards the developments in question but had gone into the firm's general account".

Significant evidence I would have thought against the firm's Bank.

Maria,

Is this case against Aifos your opportunity to set a legal precedence against the Banks?

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 8:46 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Ads:

Yes, those facts are perfect for an action against the Banks ( provisin 1.2 of Law 57/68)

Best Saturday!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 10:37 AM by peteha Star rating. 110 posts Send private message

I would imagine that the number one priority for anyone who has lost money

by investing here in Spain is the return of that money.

Justice for the criminals and stoping it happening in the future are secondary

but still important issues.

some people are getting their deposits back

but the information coming through is disjointed 

may I make the following suggestion

a thread is started to collate information on cases that are being won and deposits returned

using the following headings

developer

site

bank

lawyer used

case law used

I should imagine that a common thread will appear that will guide people

into the best course of action.

I will leave it to wiser heads than mine to see if this is practical and how it may be achieved

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 11:52 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

Good suggestion about starting a thread regarding cases won and money returned etc, but I think it will be difficult to keep it all under one thread because there already seems to be so many threads on this subject and new posters may post to one of the older threads before they see the 'dedicated' thread.

Also good suggestion about starting a Facebook page regarding Bank Guarantees - for those who have not been issued with the legally required Bank Guarantees and for those who did receive a Bank Guarantee but now find the Bank is refusing to honour it.

So...........I have started a page on Facebook dedicated to this subject.

You can find it by clicking below:

Not sure if it will be successful, but hopefully we can spread the word and get as many Off-Plan purchasers with Bank Guarantee issues to 'join or like' the page and post their stories etc.

Apart from taking legal action against the Banks for their failure to comply with the requirements of LEY 57/68 Article 1.1 and 1.2, we also need to put pressure on the Banco de Espana and the Spanish Government.

Maybe the Facebook page together with all the postings on Eye on Spain will be just a small part of this pressure.

Kind regards

Keith

LEY 57/1968
CLICK HERE FOR THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN WEBSITE

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
27 Jun 2010 1:26 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear Petehal,

serious though has produced an excellent post which should be supported by all, thank you.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
27 Jun 2010 11:45 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Keith

The Facebook is a great idea. I have joined up. Although it doesn't affect me, I wish you all the luck in the world and hope that everyone who have had such awful experiences trying to buy a property in Spain will get compensated. As for the demolitions, I just do not understand the reasoning behind all that. Surely, with everything else that has been happening over the last few years, you would think that for economic recovery if nothing else, the authorities would have put a stop on those and also step in to help the off plan fiascos. Yes, I know I'm stating the obvious!

Anyway, just wanted to wish you all .................................

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 12:25 PM by johnmfranci5 Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

Just read:

http://services.surinenglish.com/virtual/20100625

The lies this man in telling in open court are quite staggering and yet they are now asking for a 4 year sentence instead of 7 !

Apparently becasue they gave "some" people their money back.

Why this man is not  facing lifeimprisonment nd complete personal asset seizure is quite beyond me.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 12:45 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I think the clue is in the title "Rough justice yet again"!

But if they get 4 years and have to serve it then that's better than nothing I guess.

But I agree they should be stripped of all their personal assets even those they have managed to hive off.

But the real question is what needs to be done to make sure this never ever happens again.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 1:20 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Faro

yes, I think that's the reason for most of the crap going on in Spain. Those responsible for regulating, don't!!, so crooks at all levels get away with daylight robbery time after time.

Those sentencing are very much part responsible for letting the crimes go unckecked for so long, but who's regulating them?

Those cheated in Spain are far to often then placed at the mercy of those not fit for their job.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 1:33 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

goodstich

You know Spain only too well but they have relatives or are well connected and passed some government exam and now have a job for life that the EU has to pay for to keep all these funcionarios in jobs shuffling paper.

Oh - but they did take a 5% pay cut recently!

Why not just introduce efficiency and get rid of half of them and the offices they occupy.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 2:03 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

........jobs for the boys!.  Bloody hopeless isn't it.  Unless intervention comes from outside Spain, then I can't see much changing?.

The Aifos case is starting to look like propagander to make a point, rather than a true sentence to fit the crime. It's better than nothing, but where's the real  justice for all those they've cheated?

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 2:31 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Are they not going to be made to pay back monies to those who have been cheated of their monies then via the judgement handed down? Is this definite or just surmise, as this has implications on all criminal cases where illegal asset stripping by developers has occurred (after enforcement petitions were issued) ?

IF THIS IS TRUE, then this has implications on all enforcement orders made against developers. Surely if it can be proved that they tranferred assets after enforcement petitions were issued they would be made personally liable wouldn't they, as isn't this part of the criminal case against them?

Can Maria answer this question?

This message was last edited by ads on 29/06/2010.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 2:45 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

ads

not as far as I know?.  I think it all comes down to the creditor list and where you are on it now. Prefered creditors such as banks, employees etc, should do ok. The rest of us, even with court wins against them have no idea when?, if?, or how much? we will get back?.  I feel very strongly that those with cases won against them should be the first to get funds returned as our case is proven beyond doubt. 

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 2:50 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Has this criminal case been brougt to court by all the creditors or just a few?

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 2:51 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

then you will post in the good news thread and buy us all a few drinks!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | ... | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

CAR HIRE FOR 7TH -14TH AUGUST FROM GIB - 1 posts
awnings - 1 posts
Dacion en Pago Urgent Query! - 5 posts
Free Prescriptions? - 7 posts
in memory of henry surtees - 1 posts
LOOKING FOR WINTER LET IN ALMORADI - 5 posts
Reform - resources - 6 posts
Spanish Architect - 2 posts
Thats it we will be off......... - 25 posts
Rental - 0 posts
Helping British Expats in Spain - 0 posts
Justin - 3 posts
Holidays in Spain ... Yeah!!! - 1 posts
uk shopping in spain - furniture and electrials - 0 posts
Disappearing 'Flog it' - 9 posts
Re Speeding fine - 32 posts
puerto banus - 2 posts
driving the south coast of spain from barcelona to algarve - 1 posts
Judgement won what should I do next - 3 posts
BEWARE OF ROBBERS - 2 posts
Long term parking - 2 posts
Are there REALLY bargain properties on the Costa Del Sol??? - 0 posts
Finestrat Charity Variety Show - 0 posts
plus advisors - 3 posts
Having a great time in Spain - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1051

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x