Rough justice yet again!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Mar 2010 6:54 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

I'm not getting into a discussion with you Goodstitch - it's obviously futile.  The PM was mine to publish - I was the recipient.  What you have stated is totally unsubstantiated and offensive.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 7:02 PM by carolinej Star rating. 420 posts Send private message

carolinej´s avatar

Regardless of what you want Goodstitch it's pretty cowardly and abusive to send something you have to say in a private message which, as Jan points out, is her to publish.  I think she had been pretty 'crystal'. 

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 7:03 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Anyone who has an issue with a pm that they receive should take the matter up with Justin, NOT PRINT IT ON THE FORUM.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 7:04 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

I already have.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 7:08 PM by carolinej Star rating. 420 posts Send private message

carolinej´s avatar

Well, just for the record.  If anyone sends me anything offensive I will report it and publish it to whomever see fit.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 7:10 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Well then why print it on the forum too?  Totally unnecessary, just causing more trouble. 

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 7:27 PM by carolinej Star rating. 420 posts Send private message

carolinej´s avatar

Because I think Tish that bullies thrive when people are afraid to expose them.  They get away with behaving in an anti social way by being, as Peteha put it, "swarmy in public,nasty in private."  Perhaps Goodstitch will find him or herself a few supporters shorter now, which is ironic since after looking at the Living in Spain thread it seems all Jan did was make a practical and supportive suggestion!  All I have to say on the matter will be open for public viewing regardless of whether I feel the need to report anyone for abuse through official channels.  I am no trouble maker but no victim either.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 7:37 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Please all of you, stop personalising as it gets nowhere except to let off steam occasionally

The issues are obviously emotive but this is no solution folks.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 7:51 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I have spent all day coding away at some new stuff for the site and just saw this.

ads is totally right.  Everyone getting all worked up and angry doesn't help anyone.  Goodstitch, you need to perhaps take a break for a bit as you are slowly losing it on here and you always used to be so composed.

I do know Jan personally and she is a lovely person.  I don't agree with her publishing the message on here but at the same time she shouldn't never have been sent it.

PLEASE don't make me block anyone from using the forums or the PM facilities, I hate doing that.  I'm all for free speach.

There have been some good discussions on here over the past few months but if you want me to block new posts or to hide the thread for a while please let me know.  We don't want it becoming any more abusive that it already is.

It's certainly not good for new people coming to the site who are put off joining in because they fear they too will get attacked.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 8:08 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

You are oh so right, Justin ....

As a newby in terms of actually contributing to threads, I think very carefully before offering my viewpoint because I dont want to be the recipient (and I doubt Im alone on this) of disrespectful comments, the likes of which are unfortunately becoming more apparent and overtly so on a couple of threads. Im all for freedom of speech, differences of opinion, etc but personal, discourteous attacks are embarrasing and make uncomfortable reading.

Please - only respectful replies to this!!!

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 8:51 PM by julie anne Star rating. 1103 posts Send private message

I am not sure if this is the right thread to post on and I am a bit wary with all the bad feeling going on here , but here goes .

I have just achieved justice.It was a long and difficult road but with the help of a wonderful Spanish lawyer  I now have all my money back for property that was never completed and to this day remains half built .

I do not say the Spanish justice system is perfect but  it came good for me in the end . The whole thing spanning many years caused  a lot of anguish and took up lots of my time and energy  but I have used the UK legal system and found  the same difficulties in trying to achieve justice .   Couldn't be happier or more relieved now it is over   . 

This message was last edited by julie anne on 24/03/2010.

This message was last edited by julie anne on 24/03/2010.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 8:55 PM by carolinej Star rating. 420 posts Send private message

carolinej´s avatar

That's really heartening too hear Julie Anne. A breath of fresh air o the thread!

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 9:06 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Hi Julie Ann

Congratulations!   

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 9:18 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

What great news Julie and thanks for sharing it with us.

And you couldn't have posted it in a better thread!!!

Well done and I hope it gives renewed hope to others.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 9:20 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Congratulations indeed Julie anne!  I am fortunate to say that I know just how ecstatic you must be feeling. Congratulations to your Lawyer too. No mean feat these days.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 9:27 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Justin , A great response to the unfortunate deterioration of this thread.  I agree Goodstich should consider a break from the forum as it can become too consuming when feelings are running high. I do think though, there are some who jump on the bandwaggon and have a pop at him at any opportunity. I have known him for several years and he is a very genuine person who sadly has been treated abominably by the Spanish Justice system.  From my perspective he has every right to feel bitter about the way he (and many others who do not use forums) have been treated.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2010 12:15 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes I am like you Julie Anne I normally keep out of these threads, but have to say  CONGRATULATIONS it is really great to have some good news for a change.

Hope it has not put you of Spain??????

Pat

Like 0      
25 Mar 2010 8:37 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Good morning

julie anne, fantastic news and well done. That's so good to hear and has made my day.

Justin/Tish

I really regret that outburst of anger yesterday, and i'm very aware I broke my own rule of not stooping to ignorance and insult. I take that awful comment back about Pitby, she might well be a lovely person, and I know i'm very out order to say otherwise.

I have to admit to being increasingly sickened by the attitude of several contributors towards those wronged, and it wound me up to bursting point yesterday, but very soon afterwards made me realise there is no place on the forum or private messages for the comments I made, however angry. 

You are right, I've overstepped the mark and should and will get out of here, and with that in mind I would like to say a huge sorry to Pitby, and a huge thanks to all who have stuck with me and my often bitter and repeated rantings over the years. This forum has been a massive help in keeping me going through all the injustice, and long it may it continue.

All the best everyone, and so sorry to end on such a sour note.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2010 9:04 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Goodstich, I sincerely hope your apology is taken by Pitby with the good grace that you haveb given it.   Your pm should not have been put on the open forum.

I was somewhat  surprised by your"blip" yesterday   but under your (Spanish) circumstances can understand that we all have a breaking point  sometimes and you have endured some vicious attacks by several posters on this forum.

Don't throw in the towel because of Pitby.  Sure,take a break  from the forum.  I think for your own sanity you need to. It  easily becomes an addiction.  I hope you will continue to post on EOS. 

There has to be a balance on forums and as much as those living in Spain are enjoying it ,there are still thousands who are enduring misery because of Spains corrupt practices. Their turning a blind eye is like enjoying  luxury goods whilst not wanting to hear that  it was made by child/cheap labour where workers endure terrible working conditions. They know it happens, they just don't want to hear about it. 

I admire Justin's decision not  to  have been heavy handed by showing a red card like some moderators I know!

This message was last edited by Tish on 25/03/2010.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2010 10:07 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Goodstitch, you seem like a really good person and you have always come across very well, especially considering the stress you have been under with your case against Aifos.

I do hope we will see you here again.  As Tish says, it is important to have a balanced forum and you are very welcome here.

Justin

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | ... | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

CAR HIRE FOR 7TH -14TH AUGUST FROM GIB - 1 posts
awnings - 1 posts
Dacion en Pago Urgent Query! - 5 posts
Free Prescriptions? - 7 posts
in memory of henry surtees - 1 posts
LOOKING FOR WINTER LET IN ALMORADI - 5 posts
Reform - resources - 6 posts
Spanish Architect - 2 posts
Thats it we will be off......... - 25 posts
Rental - 0 posts
Helping British Expats in Spain - 0 posts
Justin - 3 posts
Holidays in Spain ... Yeah!!! - 1 posts
uk shopping in spain - furniture and electrials - 0 posts
Disappearing 'Flog it' - 9 posts
Re Speeding fine - 32 posts
puerto banus - 2 posts
driving the south coast of spain from barcelona to algarve - 1 posts
Judgement won what should I do next - 3 posts
BEWARE OF ROBBERS - 2 posts
Long term parking - 2 posts
Are there REALLY bargain properties on the Costa Del Sol??? - 0 posts
Finestrat Charity Variety Show - 0 posts
plus advisors - 3 posts
Having a great time in Spain - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1051

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x