Rough justice yet again!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Aug 2009 4:38 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

miket

the link under your name goes straight to a sales site. Is that not clearly an advert?   I'm not trying to put you down, but I can't see the difference between that and smiley's link to a mortgage broker service?

Like 0      
21 Aug 2009 4:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Mike, long time no see. Have you still got that ring ?

Like 0      
21 Aug 2009 5:06 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Goodstich,

There are 3 properties advertised in my web site. One belongs to me and the other two belong to friends of mine on the same development, in fact one of them is no longer on the market.

Justin allows anyone who offers non commercial advice through the forum, the opportunity to show their web site in their signature . Now I've clearly stated my point in my previous posting, if you choose not to accept it then so be it!

I've hardly posted on the EOS forum over the past year and the first posting I made yesterday was in response to Norman and Smiley referring to my long legal fight against my developer and corruption. If you read my first post on this thread you'll see that I was offering you my support!!

Mike T

Like 0      
21 Aug 2009 6:16 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Goodstich,

I personally know nether Smiley nor Mike, in fact I have only met one other poster on the forum, Gill Malouf.

However it is natural to query the contract, other purchasers views etc. and thanks to EOS we have that opportunity.

Mike has been very helpful to my problem at Casares del Sol with his posts, pms and information and I respect his judgement of Smiley, as he has met him and not relied entirely on the posts that condemned us for leaving our brains on the plane.

No one has given me a satisfactory explanation for calling me stupid, however it is dressed up, so I therefore resent and question it.

Here we have at least two knowledgeable resident traders in Gillespie and Smiley, plus many other posters, advising us that the brochure is just a silly fools dream with no connection with reality, at the very same time as Maria, a very respected lawyer on the forum advising that all promotional material and promises are automatically part of the contract and by no means a silly dream.

However I think you are quite right to query any commercial interest posting advice on the forum that is patently a sales pitch.

It is just that I believe you are mistaken in Mike's case.

Hope that is not treading on any one's toes.

Regards

Norman 

This message was last edited by normansands on 21/08/2009.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2009 6:50 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

norman

as long as those with any commercial interest are transparant, then I have no problem, and I often say thanks to anyone with genuine good advice, help or info'. It has to be said though that  in the past the ''left their brains on the plane'' or '' didn't do their homework'' type comments almost always come from those who prefer to steer blame away from the guilty parties and towards those cheated, because some percieve any bad mouthing of the system could effect their business if it warns of the potential dangers that could put people off buying?

As long as we are clear where everyone stands then fine. I'm just as greatfull as anyone for help from those like miket or smiley working in the industry, as long as they see with open eyes.

This message was last edited by goodstich44 on 22/08/2009.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 9:59 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

In relation of " commercial interests" of EOS contributors and as a result of an insistent colleague accusing me ( before a client) that I just have illegitimate commercial interersts in this site:

The Costaluzlawyers´itinerary

I firstly need to assert I am not very fond of spending time at deffending myself but it is true that sometimes it is necessary(- my whole team has encouraged me to do so-). Also as a matter of being just human ( hi Magicmeg!), let me explain to you where we are and what are our interests in EOS.

When I started Costaluzlawyers in  March-April 2006 I was very lonely ( with no office, no staff, no nothing...) . just a`n old laptop, my legal formation and my legal experience at DeCastro. The great guy from Tarifa ( thanks Juan!) who designed my initial 80€ cost blog advised me to introduce constant and relevant good  legal information in the blog and to link  it with similarly -oriented websites in order to enhance my position in Google.

I was working from home and well...just wanted to have some non resident, english speaking clients to help with their " spanish dream" and make some money for my family. My husband does not have a remunerated job as he is in charge of housekeeping, logistics, children´s care.... and a lot of other assignments at  home ( thanks Luis!) ; so,  with 24000  € to live received from my grandma´s inheritance ( thanks grandma!) and a baby already in the world... I had to really make the business work.

And I started... with some articles on  Real State Consumer protection and then one on Bank Guarantees.

In May-June 2006 and through another forum I used to contribute with I found Justin. I sent an email to him, offering legal support to EOS members and after a phone call he offered me to start with some articles to be published in the site and see what happens ( thanks Justin!).  In August of same year and due  to a general ignorance of rights to guarantees for money return among english speaking buyers in Spain.... the Bank Guarantee article filled my inbox with dozens of emails of people wanting to know. They were my first  clients.

In some months I already had a good number of people to help and again just myself and no office, no staff... so, after much consideration ( as I did not want to initially return to the Law firm owned by my family  I used to work for)... I talked to brother Nacho ( thanks Nacho!) and he offered to me his invaluable help with Court cases.

Cases started to come and come, people who contacted me showed a commun point: ignorance of cancellation rights despite they already had a lawyer working on their cases.Very sad. That´s how Costaluzlawyers ( initially intended to help peopel to buy and settle in Costa de la Luz) turned to an office for custormer service and legal information for people with weak legal proptection in Costa del Sol, Costa Cálida and Costa Blanca mainly.

We kept our contribution in EOS and some other forums too and finally decided to concentrate forces on EOS ( the most of our clients came from the site, we liked the style and after meeting Justin and Susan personally,  we get specially and freely- no payment any of the two ways-  committed with the site). 

And well, since then , we have just been working VERY HARD in the mission. Hard work has made a profitable business and have now  5 employees in the customer service department, 6 lawyers in the litigation department and 2 great administrative persons. We did no intend to grow that much and that rapid but I need to admitt I love the human resources and I very quickly started to cherish the idea of having a small team working with me and to start a foundation for social needs. That, together with  the family needs I had and have to covered have been my driving forces since 2006 to now. Commercial interests? Well, yes... I need money for good things.

I have been always tried to be fully respectful with our deothological code in terms of publicity and promotion of services, onlince legal advise is a new brand stuff... and I think I have done it quite reasonably.

My frustration ( and my challenge) is the lack of confidence of you on the Spanish legal system. Every time I have talked on a success in this website I have mainly tried to offer hope to you.

Regarding other colleagues contributing here: I am not the person to allow them or not.. but of course Justin and Susan are always welcoming them and I believe that as far as the good, friendly tone is preserved... I am hapy to see them. Loyal competency is necessary for the good working of businesses and the market.

Anyhow... please have a good weekend!

Best,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 10:01 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Suzie

got my letter off to the PM today. Also spoke in person to my local MP for Kettering,' Philip Hollobone' yesterday at a local FBS meeting. (we have written to him before with a reply)  He said he had made the PM aware of the situation, but didn't know if any action would be taken?. We tried to get him to submit an early day motion, but he said there are so many of those every day that most just get ignored.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 10:27 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Just for those interested: the itineray of Costaluzlawyers

In relation of " commercial interests" of EOS contributors and as a result of an insistent colleague accusing me ( before a client) that I just have illegitimate commercial interests in this site:

The Costaluzlawyers´itinerary

I firstly need to assert I am not very fond of spending time at deffending myself but it is true that sometimes it is necessary(- my whole team has encouraged me to do so-). Also as a matter of being just human ( hi Magicmeg!), let me explain to you where we are and what are our interests in EOS.

When I started Costaluzlawyers in  March-April 2006 I was very lonely ( with no office, no staff, no nothing...) . just a`n old laptop, my legal formation and my legal experience at DeCastro. The great guy from Tarifa ( thanks Juan!) who designed my initial 80€ cost blog advised me to introduce constant and relevant good  legal information in the blog and to link  it with similarly -oriented websites in order to enhance my position in Google.

I was working from home and well...just wanted to have some non resident, english speaking clients to help with their " spanish dream" in Costa de la Luz and make some money for my family: a little local business. My husband does not have a remunerated job as he is in charge of housekeeping, logistics, children´s care.... and a lot of other assignments at  home ( thanks Luis!) ; so,  with 24000  € to live with received from my grandma´s inheritance ( thanks grandma!) and a baby already in the world... I had to really make the business work.

And I started... with some articles on  Real Estate Consumer protection and then one on... Bank Guarantees.

In May-June 2006 and through another forum I used to contribute with I found Justin and EOS. I sent an email to him, offering legal support to EOS members and after a phone call he offered me to start with some articles to be published in the site and see what happens ( thanks Justin!). 

In August of same year and due  to a general ignorance of rights to guarantees for money return among english speaking real estate buyers in Spain.... the Bank Guarantee article filled my inbox with dozens of emails of people wanting to know. They were my first  clients.

In some months I already had a good number of people to help and again just myself and no office, no staff... so, after much consideration ( as I did not want to initially return to the Law firm owned by my family  I used to work for)... I talked to brother Nacho ( thanks Nacho!) and he offered to me his invaluable help with Court cases.

Cases started to come and come, people who contacted me showed a commun point: ignorance of cancellation rights despite they already had a lawyer working on their cases.Very sad. That´s how Costaluzlawyers ( initially intended to help peopel to buy and settle in Costa de la Luz) turned to an office for custormer service and legal information for people with weak legal proptection in Costa del Sol, Costa Cálida and Costa Blanca mainly.

We kept our contribution in EOS and some other forums too and finally decided to concentrate forces on EOS ( the most of our clients came from the site, we liked the style and after meeting Justin and Susan personally,  we get specially and freely- no payment any of the two ways-committed with the site). 

And well, since then , we have just been having lots of fun while working VERY HARD in the mission. Hard work has made a profitable business and  we have now  5 employees in the customer service department, 6 lawyers in the litigation department and 2 great administrative persons. We did no intend to grow that much and that rapidly but I need to admitt I love the human resources and I very quickly started to cherish the idea of having a small team working with me and to start a foundation for social aid. That, together with  the family needs I had and have to covered ( first and too) have been my driving forces since 2006 to now. Commercial interests? Well, yes... I need money for good things.

I have been always tried to be fully respectful with our  proffession´s deothological code in terms of publicity, promotion of services,  relationships with colleagues... It is true thatonlince legal advise is a new brand stuff, and sometimes I need to ellaborate my own ethical conclusions out of what is already stablished in the Ethical Code but I think I have done it quite reasonably.

My frustration ( and my challenge) is the lack of confidence of you on the Spanish legal system.  That makes many conversations with great team members ( thanks Steven, Rocio, Almudena, Patricia and Mar) as we are very proud of being spaniards and would like to show to you the real good things of our country. I am sure, and I have constantly repeated that in the forums and the blog that there are dozens and dozens of magnificient, honest, proffessional lawyers  in Spain and that we all want the system to work in favour of Law.  If we have mentioned our success it has been for the sake of offering to you that hope and confidence.

Regarding other colleagues contributing here: I am not the person to allow them or not.. but of course Justin and Susan are always welcoming them and I believe that as far as the good, friendly tone is preserved...  we are all happy to see them. Loyal competency is necessary for the good working of businesses and the market.

Anyhow... please have a good weekend!

Best,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 10:38 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

maria

that's a really good post, and I feel  with all the help you have offered you leave no doubt that you are the most valuble of contributors. Your generous explanation of your situation only further confirmes that.

To be honest I have found some of your answers in the past somewhat frustrating, because they are not always saying what I want or expect to hear with regards to what I consider common sense and justice. I feel the same way about my lawyer whom I do feel I can trust, but like you, can only work within the boundaries of the system, which I feel has let so many people down, and again doesn't often seem to use common sense as a basic requirement for justice.

So thanks for being patient with those like me who feel we are banging our heads against a brick wall just trying to get back what is rightly ours. With people like yourself on board, this site is worth so much.

I may have been to harsh recently on those like agents, mortgage brokers etc who post helpful info' but also have a commercial interest of some sort, but I do feel it's so important to be clear of everyones angle.  Those who's living depends on the market improving are obviously not going to post anything negative that  could contribute to damaging  their income, so their posts tend to be positive.  I think that's ok as long as we understand their motive and allow for it. They have much to offer and I realise are a very important part of the forum also.

This message was last edited by goodstich44 on 22/08/2009.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 11:23 AM by Suzie Star rating in England. 121 posts Send private message

Goodstich - many thanks for letting me know you've also written to the PM.  Let's hope there are many more joining us this weekend.  http://www.spanishpropertyscandalpetition.co.uk/9.html

I can't say too much here at present but I've been assured that our issues will be raised in the House in the not too distant future.  Lots of work going on with this & I'll be on it all weekend.  There are several people working very hard with us.  Will keep you posted.

Maria - Ditto Goodstich's post ++ 

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 11:43 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

thank you Maria for the history of your firm, you make it all seem that in Spain justice is there to be used, just as we would all expect. No need for any outside influence just Spanish law to be applied in Spain by Spanish lawyers and Courts.

Unfortunately at the same time the lead member of the corruption team has always been the Spanish lawyer who has facilitated all corrupt schemes and duped the unfortunate "client" into believing that there is no consumer rights and protection. Worse still he has done this having secured POA based on time and language. He is entirely corrupt and should be in the dock.

Anyhow I am pleased you are here and hope your contributions may long continue.

goodstich, it seems that with techno's two properties, tish's two properties and Mike's group that we are perhaps dancing with the bulls and the bears, not quite the simple holiday home purchasers I thought, more of the "investor" type, perhaps even "speculators".

Having looked at Mike's website and the prices thereon it seems to me that if we get our money back plus interest we will be the most successful investors of all, we will be running rings around the "bulls and the bears".

Is that what tish has already done???

Just a thought or two.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 11:53 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks from the heart to Normansands, Suzie and Goodstich and please.... have a great weekend anywhere you are.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 1:30 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

norman

I feel that with the continued support of all those you mention among others, those of us cheated stand a much better chance of justice in the long run. Yes they have come out of this better than we have, but that's fine. They have had their rivers to cross also, and I feel lucky to have their knowledge to help us get what is rightly ours. 

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 2:05 PM by Suzie Star rating in England. 121 posts Send private message

Just came across this while looking at similar problems in Cyprus:

http://www.lyingbuilder.com/

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 3:01 PM by MAGICMEG Star rating in Scotland. 546 posts Send private message

Thank you for the    the itineray of Costaluzlawyers  Maria .It was an honest and truthful account that shows that  even when  someone has a commercial  interest it is still possible  to behave work with  professionalism and integrity with the very best interest of the  client at heart.I believe you and your team always do and I only wish their were more like Costaluzlawyers .

I still have confidence in the Spanish legal system and still feel that one day justice will be mine .In fact I think that most of us still do as if we did not we would not be spending more for Lawyers or a system we thought would never grant us justice .

I think the problem is that because of the length of time the system can take and  because we are all only human we have good days and bad days ,Some days I feel hopeless as do many other purchasers caught up in the system .Then there are the other days when we are strong and confident that justice will win out in the end .

We must all  just take a deep breath and relax on the bad days and dream of the good days when justice will be ours and we can love and appreciate Spain and all that is good in Spain with out this dark cloud hanging over our dreams .

Best Regards MM

This message was last edited by MAGICMEG on 22/08/2009.

Nothing surprises me anymore  

but I am willing to accept that sometimes (although not very often ) I can be  wrong !

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 5:04 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

NORMAN, WHERE ON THIS FORUM DID YOU READ THAT I HAD TWO PROPERTIES???  WANTING TO BUY ONE WAS A NIGHTMARE ENOUGH.!!  I WAS NEVER, EVER AN INVESTOR. 

As I've asked you before, please don't twist things and confuse the issue. Read the posts more carefully   .

MY HUSBAND &  I  HAD A JOINT COURT CASE WITH ANOTHER PERSON WHO ALSO PUT A DEPOSIT ON THE SAME DEVELOPMENT AS US. 

This message was last edited by Tish on 22/08/2009.

This message was last edited by Tish on 22/08/2009.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 6:04 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks Magicmeg!

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 8:49 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear Tish,

sorry my misunderstanding, your reference to yourselves individually misled me.

However the simple point is that with your and hopefully our money returned in full plus interest, we would be currently in a very good position, investment-wise.

Those that completed on unsatisfactory properties, as advised by their crooked lawyers, have had a serious capital hit.

It seems to me that they could be more than 50% in negative equity.

Not much of an investment to be passing on to one's children.

Forgive me.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
23 Aug 2009 12:55 AM by johnmfranci5 Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

We have all been robbed by Jesús Ruiz Casado head of Aifos.

Where is this man  ? I would like to visit him at his home address.

Does anyone know it ?

Like 0      
23 Aug 2009 11:49 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Of course I forgive you Norman!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | ... | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

CAR HIRE FOR 7TH -14TH AUGUST FROM GIB - 1 posts
awnings - 1 posts
Dacion en Pago Urgent Query! - 5 posts
Free Prescriptions? - 7 posts
in memory of henry surtees - 1 posts
LOOKING FOR WINTER LET IN ALMORADI - 5 posts
Reform - resources - 6 posts
Spanish Architect - 2 posts
Thats it we will be off......... - 25 posts
Rental - 0 posts
Helping British Expats in Spain - 0 posts
Justin - 3 posts
Holidays in Spain ... Yeah!!! - 1 posts
uk shopping in spain - furniture and electrials - 0 posts
Disappearing 'Flog it' - 9 posts
Re Speeding fine - 32 posts
puerto banus - 2 posts
driving the south coast of spain from barcelona to algarve - 1 posts
Judgement won what should I do next - 3 posts
BEWARE OF ROBBERS - 2 posts
Long term parking - 2 posts
Are there REALLY bargain properties on the Costa Del Sol??? - 0 posts
Finestrat Charity Variety Show - 0 posts
plus advisors - 3 posts
Having a great time in Spain - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1051

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x