Rough justice yet again!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Aug 2009 12:53 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Sorry to hog the blog.

AIFOS ARE STILL TRYING TO GET MONEY FROM PURCHASERS AND TO SIGN TITLE DEEDS SAYING ONCE YOU SIGN YOU CANNOT LOSE THE PROPERTY AS ITS IN YOUR NAME.  I know this firsthand they tried to convince me. Ha ha. or je je in Spanish.

Maria Castro can assist here because by my judgement as AIFOS known as B xxxxxxx for uhm. they have already been made bankrupt therefore cannot own any of their properties. I repeat again allegedly they are buiding in Dubai and possiblly other countries.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
02 Aug 2009 12:55 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Myra

You miss my point, of course I know that. I was mearly trying to point out to some of the opening posters that you wont be able to go onto the creditors list  without paying a lawyer.

Sv

Like 0      
02 Aug 2009 1:00 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Team GB  I have to insist on getting our facts right. Please check both our posts. Is not paying a lawyer the same as using a lawyer?

Like 0      
02 Aug 2009 1:03 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Team GB. Need to add that you have added some invaluable information on your second to last post. As regards as a group. yes of course. Should be much cheaper.

Like 0      
02 Aug 2009 6:02 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Hi all

just like to say thanks to all those contributing usefull info'.

myra

so it looks as Maria says, a joint action may well be possible. It's great to have people like yourself and maria, with your fingers on the pulse. I guess the next step is a list of those who want to form a group, and to decide who we want to be our lawyer on this?

Like 0      
02 Aug 2009 7:22 PM by PuertoGolfLoser Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi all,

We would be game for joining any group/joint action if people think it would be possible to achieve in the time involved.

If there is a way to potentially save on the required Eur 1200 per person/case, then we're all for it.

Also good news that as off-plan purchasers there is a possibility of preferential listing on creditors list.

Is there any way of finding out which law firm is / has currently files most civil cases against Aifos?  Maybe this would be the best firm to support a group approach for application to creditor list?

Like 0      
02 Aug 2009 7:41 PM by coombsey Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

I'm being represented by Lawbird - anyone else?

Like 0      
02 Aug 2009 7:48 PM by PuertoGolfLoser Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

We are also represented by Lawbird

Like 0      
02 Aug 2009 10:17 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Goodstich44   A group case is most certainly not only legal but the way to go by negotiating a price with a lawyer. I think any lawyer that takes on your case should have a very imformed understanding and experience in what he is taking on and should give you the truth (As near as possible because a case is a case and can go for or against)

Like 0      
02 Aug 2009 10:27 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Puertoportloser. I have offiered to pass on information reference cases against Aifos and lawyers fees tomorrow if anyone is interested let me know.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2009 9:22 AM by PuertoGolfLoser Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Myra,

What information is it that you would need?  Let me know and I can provide if it will assist in agreeing a Lawyer firm for a group case and the fee can be negotiated on a group basis rather than individual.

Many thanks

Like 0      
03 Aug 2009 9:50 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

coombsey and PuertoGolfLoser

I'm also being represented by Lawbird. They have had success against Aifos in the past on several occasions, which led me to use them.  I chose to use them after being screwed by a UK Agent, a UK conveyancing company and the Spanish lawyer they put us on to.

This message was last edited by goodstich44 on 03/08/2009.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2009 10:05 AM by PuertoGolfLoser Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

coombsey & goodstitch44

Since at least the three of us are with the same lawyer, I'm quite happy to email them and ask whether a group approach to the listing can be considered and whether this will in turn reduce the fees.

I'll let you know the feedback I get.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2009 10:13 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

PuertoGolfLoser

I put the question to them also late on Friday, so should get a reply today. I am a bit dissapointed they didn't advise us that was a possability?

Like 0      
03 Aug 2009 10:24 AM by PuertoGolfLoser Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

goodstitch44

I have just sent the email, but had also sent some individual questions just before I heard the news about the voluntary receivership and just after. They don't seem to be quite so quick in answering these questions, but are quite happy to confirm that they can provide the service individually for Eur 1200. 

Perhaps I'm being unfair and am just getting too cynical in my old age!

Like 0      
03 Aug 2009 10:45 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

I am also very cynical! They know roughly how many people are affected by Aifos's situation. Hundreds +?? Just do a quick calculation as to how much money they stand to make for basically one piece of work.  Negotiate strongly as a group, would be my advice.

This message was last edited by Tish on 03/08/2009.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2009 11:03 AM by PuertoGolfLoser Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi all,

Lawyer has replied to my individual questions (saying I will still need to pay the Eur1200) , but has so far ignored my question regarding group case. Have asked them specifically again.

I must be getting too cynical, because I can also see the irony in Aifos applying for and getting voluntary administration status on 31 July with a month to register on the creditor list - just when almost the whole of Spain - including most Lawyers - take a one month vacation!

Like 0      
03 Aug 2009 2:32 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

PuertoGolfLoser

crap news again i'm afraid. According to my lawyer, group action isn't possible because we are all at different stages, and our cases are individual. The bulk of the 1200e (about 750e) is the lawyers fighting for a higher place on the crditor list. As for the time we have to join the creditor list, well the gut feeling from my lawyer is that it is a delibearate Aifos move to make life tricky fo us, but because of the August holiday the courts should extend this time by a further month, but suprise suprise that can't be relied on!

whatever people feel, i'm tied in to my lawyer at the moment as we are awaiting sentence. Could another one do better for us, who really knows?

I have asked my lawyer what are the chances of another 1200e putting us high enough on the creditor list to get our money back?, but I'm guessing that's like asking ''hows long's a piece of string'', as it will depend on other parties success at fighting for their position on the list also, (and how many back handers and brown enveopes will that involve?) I'm  waiting for a reply on that one?

So once again it seems we are at the mercy of a justice system who despite knowing full well we have been cheated by a developer who is constantly in court for wrong doing, and who's  bosses now face a jail sentence for fraud, are doing nothing to help those so obviously wronged to get the so obvious justice we deserve.  You have to ask just who is cheating us the most?

This message was last edited by goodstich44 on 03/08/2009.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2009 4:15 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Hi Goodstitch,

re your question - who is cheating us the most? -  my answer would be the government.  Why when there is such a scandal at the moment  (and a scandal is what it is)  have the government not stopped the continuous building of thousands more urbanisations that will probably end up in the same positon as all the others that have gone to the wall.  There are not enough buyers for the ones that have been built already, so I think they should make a law to cease building immediately, until all the problems are solved. It's not as if there is a housing shortage quite the opposite.  Has there ever been a comment about any of this corruption by any of the Spanish politicians it's as though it is not happening and they want to sweep it under the carpet.  I fear that until it gets to a political level it will continue, that and every other unregulated scam within this country.

kathy

Kathy

Like 0      
03 Aug 2009 5:10 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

kathy

yes. Until we can get through to someone in power with a grasp on right and wrong and justice and injustice, and cares about it?then we will just continue to get screwed by the system as much as the  unregulaed crooks we face in court. Lawyers only work within the system, and as that seems well and truly  stacked agaist us, how the hell do we move forward?

If we can't act as a group to get on the creditor list, we can still work as a group to gather info'. This whole thing stinks so much.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

CAR HIRE FOR 7TH -14TH AUGUST FROM GIB - 1 posts
awnings - 1 posts
Dacion en Pago Urgent Query! - 5 posts
Free Prescriptions? - 7 posts
in memory of henry surtees - 1 posts
LOOKING FOR WINTER LET IN ALMORADI - 5 posts
Reform - resources - 6 posts
Spanish Architect - 2 posts
Thats it we will be off......... - 25 posts
Rental - 0 posts
Helping British Expats in Spain - 0 posts
Justin - 3 posts
Holidays in Spain ... Yeah!!! - 1 posts
uk shopping in spain - furniture and electrials - 0 posts
Disappearing 'Flog it' - 9 posts
Re Speeding fine - 32 posts
puerto banus - 2 posts
driving the south coast of spain from barcelona to algarve - 1 posts
Judgement won what should I do next - 3 posts
BEWARE OF ROBBERS - 2 posts
Long term parking - 2 posts
Are there REALLY bargain properties on the Costa Del Sol??? - 0 posts
Finestrat Charity Variety Show - 0 posts
plus advisors - 3 posts
Having a great time in Spain - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1051

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x