All Things Sports

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Apr 2007 12:47 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Another quality performance from Giggs last night - cant believe they were screwing him about on the contract extension two years ago - no doubt he will never make a run like the goal he scored vs Arsenal at Highbury in the Cup but different class!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
18 Apr 2007 1:35 PM by kez74 Star rating in cheshire. 50 posts Send private message

kez74´s avatar

I take it if you have sky fitted once you move to Spain that you can still watch all the football..........we enjoy watching the games on a saturday my partner and i enjoy watching manchester united.........and my son (the turn coat) supports liverpool.............and what about the world cup........can we see the England games...........??

Like 0      
18 Apr 2007 5:48 PM by pedyer Star rating in Bristol, England / B.... 83 posts Send private message

pedyer´s avatar

Hi John

Sorry but did not watch the game during the week as I work nightshift, didn't like the score much, but thanks for letting me know, but as we all know, with the 'pool they can turn any result round.

Glad it was a good game and that there were some good players on display, don't know for sure I would guess that Liverpool were a Spainish under 18 side?

Note for kez74, leave your son alone as he has excellent taste, he supports the best team, one more thing "Why would you want to watch England games" ANYWHERE?, unless it had all the Liverpool boys in the side, of course.

Cheers

Pete

Like 0      
18 Apr 2007 6:50 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Pete

No they were mainly English but Pool were missing a Swede who was banned for the game who is their star man. Funny about youth games...home advantage doesn't really exist so it's still open.

kerri

Just left you a note on another string however you can watch Premiership games almost everywhere in Spain. And its never too late for your son to see the error in his ways...just let him watch the red devils and be impressed.

They were stalling on Giggs when he was a left winger...he is not that now as we can all see ...i wonder how long his contract is now!! cannot think of a better  ambassador for the premiership...hope he gets the recognition he deserves

Regards

John

Like 0      
18 Apr 2007 7:56 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Couldnt agree more lot of hype about Ronaldo and Drogba for player of the year - for my money while both have made excellent contributions and been awesome I would opt for Ryan Giggs

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
18 Apr 2007 8:06 PM by kez74 Star rating in cheshire. 50 posts Send private message

kez74´s avatar

I agree and what a loyal player he has been to united....never any talk of leaving when the going got tough...... no demands for stupid pay rises......and he manages to keep his private life just that.......he just comes out and does his stuff week in week out..........I am sure i read some where that he chose to play for Wales and not England because he never thought he would be good enough to get on the England squad.  ( i believe he had a choice which country to play for as he was born in England but his parents are Welsh)

I am sure some men will correct me if i am wrong!!!!

Like 0      
18 Apr 2007 8:13 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Cant remember but think he was invited to join the full England B squad and at roughly the same time was invited to join the full Welsh squad - possibly around the time of Venables but might have that wrong - opted for Wales - think father Welsh and mother English. Wonder if h regrets his choice - bet the England managers since then do! Re talk of leaving it kicked up a bit a couple of seasons back when Utd were only talking baout a one year contract extension when he wanted at least 2 - whether he would have gone or not I guess is another matter but thankfully the board came to their senses and made it 2 - bet theyre bloody glad they did - think he could go on for another 5 years the way he is playing.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 5:36 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Yaaaawn!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 3:27 PM by pedyer Star rating in Bristol, England / B.... 83 posts Send private message

pedyer´s avatar

Hi Rixxy

I'm bored with all this Man u talk as well, needs a few net ball pictures to liven this up, !!!!!!!

Pete

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 3:44 PM by algorfan Star rating in Hyde, Cheshire / La .... 38 posts Send private message

Ryan Giggs has a welsh mother and an English father. He played for England schoolboys and was actually on the books of Manchester City at one point. His parents had an acrimonious split and Ryan (then named Wilson) took his mothers maiden name (Giggs) and opted to play for the country of his mothers birth rather than that of his now absent father. I too believe that had Giggs took to play for England he would have possibly gone on to bigger and better things at international level. That said it was a brave and loyal (to his mother) decision to play for Wales for which he should be applauded.

I hope this clears this up

Richard

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 7:59 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Pete....Nothing about Middlesborough this morning please...I was there and it was not pretty

Regards

John

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 12:11 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Was that ref on MU's payroll or what???  I practically threw my beer at the TV when he didn't give that penalty!! And for sure it was a penalty!  But then, ummmmmm, beer .......

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 12:39 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Ryan was actally Born in Cardiff, Giggs and his family moved to Manchester when he was seven, though with a thoroughly Welsh parentage and fiercely loyal to his home country, playing for England was never an option!!

Yes, he could have played for England but it was his decision to play for Wales................

Mike T

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 12:48 PM by colesfamilywales Star rating in Pontypridd. 75 posts Send private message

You have to be Welsh to understand Giggsy`s decision....

Michael Owen is also of Welsh parentage but I gather as the maternity unit in the local Hospital is in England he chose to play for them. imagine thos two up front for Wales ? Fantastic !!!

Its the other 9 players we still have a problem with though !

colesfamilywales

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 1:23 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

But does Giggsy have regrets? The amount of times he has pulled out of Welsh games because of injury..........

Alan

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 1:42 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
I thought this thread was about sports?  How did soccer get in here?

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 2:10 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Just to put the record straight Ryan's parents are both welsh.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 2:48 PM by pedyer Star rating in Bristol, England / B.... 83 posts Send private message

pedyer´s avatar

Hi John

As if I would have a pop at you know who, just one thought, did Giggsy play ?,  the Roma game must seem a long way a way now.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, come on you blues

Pete

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 9:49 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Pete

Giggs came on 2nd half...made a differece but not enough....just got to duquesa to discover the good news from the Toon...I believe the special one is beginning to sound like KK from 10 years ago...it seems its all United´s fault now..

Anyway to echo your thoughts for this week....Come on the Blues  ( especially Wednesday!!!!)

Regards

John

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 11:25 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
MOURINHO's XI
The NEW RULES OF FOOTBALL. ( he should know that there are no rules...just laws)

1. You must ignore facts that do not support your view. ( 3 penalties against United at Old Trafford this season, 0 Penalties against Chelsea at Stamford bridge).
2. If a Referee gives a decision you do not like you allege either a) you saw the opposing Manager enter the Referee's Dressing Room or b) you allege that the referee told your players that they needed to be sorted out.
3) Death threats are allowed against any referee who gives a decision against Chelsea. This action will be called Frisking.
4) Death threats are allowed against any opponent who injures a Chelsea player while going for the ball. This action will be called Hunting.
5)Each player shall have a cousin on TV to bring attention to the fact that his cousin is a world class player. This action will be called Franking.
6) The Captain of your team is allowed make racist comments to opponents when he is also the Captain of England.
7) The Captain of your team is allowed pull, push, and have opponents block tackled American Football style, however any contact with your Captain should result in a Penalty for Chelsea.
8) Every team should have one Gay Footballer but no girls allowed.
9) All blatant dives by Chelsea players should result in a booking for the nearest opponent.
10) There should be no Drug Testing of any player who's club is owned by a Russian billionaire.
11) Chelsea are allowed to choose one player from their next opponents who will be the subject of transfer speculation linking that player with Chelsea in the days leading up to the game. In the case of an FA Cup semi final that rule extends to Managers.

Regards

John

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

San Cayetano Quarter Villas - 12 posts
needing new home - 1 posts
restaurante hesparia en murcia - 0 posts
Iberian International Problems with? - 33 posts
How do I get an Avatar? - 41 posts
what is a legal proxy vote - 12 posts
You and your Car in Spain - 2 posts
Part Load To Spain From UK - 2 posts
Buying a bungalow in Daya Nueva La Vega Baja development - 1 posts
Keep trying to change me Avatar - 2 posts
Coto Real Development - 9 posts
Oxygen Rental / Purchase in Spain - 3 posts
Spain real estate: como es global property guide report - 0 posts
Anyone in UK interested in a meet up - 6 posts
Peggotys Fish and Chips and nearby - 8 posts
Purchase/Sale Contract Example - 33 posts
Driving to our new home - 13 posts
Does anyone else find the EOS logo creepy??? - 21 posts
Buying an appartment in Almaradi - 10 posts
Maps of towns, airports & lots of great information - 2 posts
Check weather in your area of Spain for 5-10 days ahead - 18 posts
Mar Menor Restaurants? - 116 posts
Spanish civil procedure question - 2 posts
T-mobile sims - 0 posts
Free 02 sim cards, you can have up to 4 free - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 302

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x