what is a legal proxy vote

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by TOMMY RYAN Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Can anyone out there please let me know what the criteria is for a proxy vote at a community meeting of owners (EGM)

I have received 6 proxy votes from british owners via fax. Someone said to me they will not be counted because they do not have the original signatures on them.

Does anybody know the ruling on this.

I have read the horizontal property act and it says that a signed proxy is ok, but it does not say it has to be original.

Please can anybody help as the EGM is on Monday 12th March.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 4:11 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

With my limited knowledge of Spanish Law a nominated 'proxy' is a person or body who attends and votes at an EGM on your behalf on the proviso that person or body has a letter singed by yourself stating such.

You can only vote at an EGM either if you attend yourself or you nominate a proxy to do so.

If you or your proxy is not in attendance then you can't vote.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 3/9/2007.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 4:21 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

I understand that Tommy needs to know if a faxed copy of said letter will be deemed legal for him to vote on the senders behalf.

Without Maria here to give the difinitive answer, I would guess that you need an original copy Tommy.  Only a guess though, my experience tells me copies/fax copies of letters do not work with; Banks, Lawyers; Notaries or even a garage when buying a car.

However ......(In a hollywood musical kind of tone) "Nobody answers questions like Maria"

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 4:48 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Blimey Gillespie you must be living in a third world country up there on the CB - faxes are acceptable to the banks here for an instruction - generally most lawyers will accept as well depending on what they are being required to do. Whether it will work for Tommys poxy vote I dont know but guess he needs to check with the community administrator

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 5:39 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Tommy Rayn,

I have sent a proxy vote by fax once and it was accepted.

But, like Smiley says, check if your Administrator will accept it, they may have differing rules.

Regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 6:02 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Hey smiley, I don´t live in the Costa Blanca, they are way ahead of us in Costa Calida.  Our local town hall doesn´t even know Franco is dead yet!!  I wonder if Justin bought his EOS computer here?

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 6:14 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I live in Manilva so sometimes it feels like we are still stuck in the 1940s!!

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 6:20 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
"Tommys poxy vote", Smiley???  Do you know something we don't???  Is there something about their administration you don't like???

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 7:34 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Quote Smiley: "Whether it will work for Tommys poxy vote I dont know but guess he needs to check with the community administrator"

This is the only relevant answer IMO. Doesn't matter what the "law" says, it's only what happens in practice that counts here in Spain. Ryan, check with the admin, or the president (better both, just to be sure). Personally I believe it should be acceptable, so if they seem in doubt, tell them it IS acceptable, and it probably will be!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
11 Mar 2007 10:16 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
 A fax with a signature is enough! come on! the Law does not require any specific form.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
12 Mar 2007 5:06 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Sorry I didnt mean to demean your pRoxy vote - slip of the tongue - or the finger - or perhaps it was Freudian - who knows?

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
12 Mar 2007 5:38 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Smiley!!  LOL!  I couldn't resist the response!  It just read so well!!

Sorry!!

Like 0      
12 Mar 2007 5:55 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
No sweat - to be honest when I was typing it I noticed the typo but couldnt be arsed to change it as it is how I view my POXY vote and I attend the community meetings, in that my poxy vote makes pox all difference

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

You and your Car in Spain - 2 posts
Part Load To Spain From UK - 2 posts
Buying a bungalow in Daya Nueva La Vega Baja development - 1 posts
Keep trying to change me Avatar - 2 posts
Coto Real Development - 9 posts
Oxygen Rental / Purchase in Spain - 3 posts
Spain real estate: como es global property guide report - 0 posts
Anyone in UK interested in a meet up - 6 posts
Peggotys Fish and Chips and nearby - 8 posts
Purchase/Sale Contract Example - 33 posts
Driving to our new home - 13 posts
Does anyone else find the EOS logo creepy??? - 21 posts
Buying an appartment in Almaradi - 10 posts
Maps of towns, airports & lots of great information - 2 posts
Check weather in your area of Spain for 5-10 days ahead - 18 posts
Mar Menor Restaurants? - 116 posts
Spanish civil procedure question - 2 posts
T-mobile sims - 0 posts
Free 02 sim cards, you can have up to 4 free - 2 posts
What about Gibraltar? - 26 posts
I'm having to leave EOS, sorry everyone. - 15 posts
befor last payment - 4 posts
Experience with IA Procon / Sun-Spain Mediterraneo ? - 1 posts
Arenal Duquesa - 17 posts
Experience with Euro Abogados ? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x