How do I get an Avatar?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by Fruit Star rating in Costa Calidia - Murc.... 74 posts Send private message

Fruit´s avatar

Hello......or Hola all.

I'm quiet new to eye on Spain but love the General chit chat...jokes and funny videos especially.

What I would like to know is where do you all get your funny pic's ( Avatar's) from  on your computers to upload

onto your details.

Hope someone will let me in on the secret..........

many thanks ttfn

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 5:55 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hello Fruit,

Welcome to EOS, you will find us all a freindly bunch on here, there will always be someone willing to help you.

Now, the Avatar, had our long standing member JeanSis not just jetted off to sunnt Espania yesterday, she would be here teaching you how to do it!

But you will just have to put up with me, sorry!

Ok, first you have to have something saved on your PC that you want as your avatar. I likes moving things, so that's my Fibby black cat you can see, others just like a still picture. Depends whether your a mover or a groover I suppose!

Anyway, less of the silly jokes, If you go to your profile, on this forum, you will be able to upload your avatar and it will show in all of your posts.

Give it a go and meanwhile, i will look for where JeanSis has hidden all the instructions for things and post it back here in a mo ok?

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 5:58 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hola Fruit (never thought I'd say those two words together in one sentance, but then again this is Spain we are talking about)

Welcome to the forum, I found this place today:

http://www.animationlibrary.com/

Check it out, loads on there. Even gives you easy instructions how to save them onto your PC and most important of all, it's all FREE stuff.

As for uploading an Avatar, just click on 'Forum Profile', thenclick on 'Upload Avatar', select in the box at the bottom of page the location on your PC's Hard drive the Avatar you want to use, then click 'Submit'. Now all you have to do is click 'refresh' on your browser and hay-presto, job done!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 3/9/2007.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 6:04 PM by Fruit Star rating in Costa Calidia - Murc.... 74 posts Send private message

Fruit´s avatar

Oooooooh thanks will have fun with this later....going out for a curry so must dash. ttfn and will talk later ...

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 6:06 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Bye bye Fruit, enjoy the curry!!

Does anyone know where Janice has stored all the help on the Forum threads?

Saw them Tuesday, now they have gone! Maybe she took them to Spain with her?!!!

I was trying to help Fruit do an Avatar and promised to find the link to Janice's "teaching threads".........HELP!!!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 6:12 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Hi Fibby, Fruit and TechNoApe!!

Here is a link to the thread for help on the forum.  Also, Fruit (when you're back from your curry!!), just google "avatar" and you'll come up with loads of places to look for what you would like!

www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/ForumThreads.aspx

ttfn

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 6:13 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Fruit, Curry, stop it, your all making me hungry

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 6:17 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Thanks Pitby, Justin has made this thread "secure" then?

But where is it in the threads?

Can't find it anywhere, not much good being secure if we can't find it anyway!!!

(I'm not being thick again am I? I really have to get over this self doubt thing, is there a Psychiatrist in this forum, if so, please PM me!)

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 6:19 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Durrr, I just found it!

Scrolled down and there it was "Forum help"

someone is playing games with me, there is a bug in this forum tonight.....................

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 6:21 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
It's that strong tea, Fibby!!!  You've been hitting it again, haven't you????

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 6:24 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Fibby,

My Psychiatrist told me I should get out more .... so here I am!?!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 3/9/2007.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 6:33 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Fibby...and I thought you knew this forum like the back of your hand

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 11:02 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Actualy Justin, that's what's been worrying me, there are hairs growing - on the back of my hands................do I need the Quack?!

Ok, wait for it, JeanSis will be here in a mo, with pics of a huge yellow dick, oops sorry I meant duck............

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
11 Mar 2007 8:46 AM by Fruit Star rating in Costa Calidia - Murc.... 74 posts Send private message

Fruit´s avatar

Hola again...here I am Sunday morning haveing a go at getting an avatar....Well I've found a website on Google Lesson 1 ok. Think I've made an avatar, but this post will tell, so here goes. I might add that although I've given myself a halo...it has slipped a bit with age !!!! But it has been my 1st attempt. ttfn

Like 0      
11 Mar 2007 8:48 AM by Fruit Star rating in Costa Calidia - Murc.... 74 posts Send private message

Fruit´s avatar

Me again....it's not there !!!!!! have i done it right? Do you have to wait for it to be updated on e.o.s.?

Like 0      
11 Mar 2007 9:02 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Hi Fruit

I do remember Justin saying, when I uploaded my avatar, that it sometimes takes a little while to appear!  Give it a little while and see if it turns up!!

Like 0      
11 Mar 2007 9:25 AM by Fruit Star rating in Costa Calidia - Murc.... 74 posts Send private message

Fruit´s avatar

Many thanks Pitby. I've just done another one now, head only this time. Thought that the other might have been too big. Will keep watching the space ttfn.

Like 0      
11 Mar 2007 11:40 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Fruit - think there may be something wrong, as your avatar still isn't there?  Are you using a file from stored on your own computer or from a website somewhere?  I'm not sure but I think it's easier if you are using a file from  your own computer and make sure it's not too big.

Have just checked the "upload avatar" under "forum profile" and the file MUST be stored on your own compuer and not bigger than 50KB (which you've probably read yourself, so still don't understand why it isn't showing!).  It is in the right format - jpeg, gif, etc.?

Good luck!!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 3/11/2007.

Like 0      
11 Mar 2007 12:00 PM by Fruit Star rating in Costa Calidia - Murc.... 74 posts Send private message

Fruit´s avatar

Hola again...this is the last time..man at football me should be doing cleaning and then getting ready to go out to

Like 0      
11 Mar 2007 12:03 PM by Fruit Star rating in Costa Calidia - Murc.... 74 posts Send private message

Fruit´s avatar

...... rest of message here. I'm then going out to lunch, can't play again untill tonight. I'll never get anythig done. All my things that i would have liked for my advart are now in a file ( on my computer ) and i've just done another one so hopefully this one will be ok. Got this one (if it show's up) from the site recomended ny TechNoApe.....perhaps mine wants to play out too and will show up when it's time to go to bed !!!!!

Bye for now...Advartless Fruit......

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

what is a legal proxy vote - 12 posts
You and your Car in Spain - 2 posts
Part Load To Spain From UK - 2 posts
Buying a bungalow in Daya Nueva La Vega Baja development - 1 posts
Keep trying to change me Avatar - 2 posts
Coto Real Development - 9 posts
Oxygen Rental / Purchase in Spain - 3 posts
Spain real estate: como es global property guide report - 0 posts
Anyone in UK interested in a meet up - 6 posts
Peggotys Fish and Chips and nearby - 8 posts
Purchase/Sale Contract Example - 33 posts
Driving to our new home - 13 posts
Does anyone else find the EOS logo creepy??? - 21 posts
Buying an appartment in Almaradi - 10 posts
Maps of towns, airports & lots of great information - 2 posts
Check weather in your area of Spain for 5-10 days ahead - 18 posts
Mar Menor Restaurants? - 116 posts
Spanish civil procedure question - 2 posts
T-mobile sims - 0 posts
Free 02 sim cards, you can have up to 4 free - 2 posts
What about Gibraltar? - 26 posts
I'm having to leave EOS, sorry everyone. - 15 posts
befor last payment - 4 posts
Experience with IA Procon / Sun-Spain Mediterraneo ? - 1 posts
Arenal Duquesa - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 38

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x