Mar Menor Restaurants?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi All

Can anyone recommend some good eating places. Have heard that El Patio in Los Alcazares is very good. Also someone posted a while back Click in Lo Pagan. Is click on the front in Lo Pagan? Any others would be good.

Gina

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 10:57 PM by shirley graham Star rating in San Cayetano. 96 posts Send private message

Hi,

just back we can recommend La Encarnacion in Los Alcazraes courtyard lovely, also we have been several times to a restuarant in San pedro  del pintar  la casa del reloj. www.restaurantelacasadelreloj.com  Also in the square is El

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 11:03 PM by shirley graham Star rating in San Cayetano. 96 posts Send private message

Hi,

just back we can recommend La Encarnacion in Los Alcazraes courtyard lovely, right on the mar menor also a hotel ans spa. also we have been several times to a restuarant in San pedro  del pintar  la casa del reloj. www.restaurantelacasadelreloj.com   lovely place for a special night.. Also in the square is la diva los alcazares. Execellent tapas in square is Alba.

Shirley San cayetano Taray Dec 07

This message was last edited by shirley graham on 3/7/2007.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 11:05 PM by patman Star rating in Chester and Los Alca.... 84 posts Send private message

patman´s avatar

Here are a few to be going on with. I've tried most of them and so far so good!

THE MALAYSIAN or ASIA COCCINA…. RUN. (Not quite sure of the name)  In the Plaza. Very nice Chinese/Thai restaurant. Excellent food and service – a real treat.

RAMONS: A very good Restaurant and fantastic Tapas Bar, although you will pay a bit more. It’s still cheaper than the UK. E.g Two, 3 course meals (Fillet Steak) and a bottle of wine will cost you about 50 Euros. (We have been told that if the King of Spain is in the area, he goes to Ramons).

HOTEL ENCARNACION:  The oldest hotel in LA, excellent restaurant, but beware, very expensive!  The Bar and Tapas are not expensive though, and as you make your way to the Loos, you go through a garden courtyard, where the walls are surrounded by hanging plants.  (Well worth a visit).

THE HINDUSTANI ROTI:  May be the best Indian in L.A. This is in the Plaza and gets very busy, but there are at least three others and all are reasonably priced.

THE WOK: On the road to San Javier. Very cheap and cheerful, excellent value. E.g. For €8.50 you will get a glass of sangria when you arrive, followed by a three course meal cooked on the Wok while you wait. (5 mins). When you have finished your meal the waiter will put a bottle of brandy and a bottle of Schnapps on the table. On the way out you will be given a bottle of red wine for each couple. (Not Bad eh?)

ANOTHER CHINESE: on the way to town, near the Bodega, may be called the Chinese Lantern. A bit like The WOK without the wok, but still good value.

THE THREE AMIGO’s: (At the OASIS):  Mexican Restaurant & Bar. The Bar is quite good and the restaurant is ok.

NICO's: (at the OASIS):  THE BEST steak in town. The rest of the menu is also very good. Say "Hello" to Frank the Chef.

THE ROBLEMAR: (At the OASIS):  Fantastic Tapas and excellent Seafood restaurant.

THE PASTY SHACK: Not strictly a restaurant, although there are tables inside and out, but if you fancy a Cornish Pasty or a Pork Pie, then you will not be disappointed.

LA DIVA: (In the Plaza). Looks very nice. Try it and see for yourself and let me know.

EL CHATO: 72 Avda Libertad. Tel 968170161 Recommended by Barrie Shore.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 6:51 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Patman,

Wow, very impressive. I know where the pasty shack is by the penny farthing in the square by Halifax LA? Have seen Oasis can't remember is it by the Arches? Off roundabout before Roda roundabout? The Encarnacion is in that square further down? Our agent took us down there one day on a quick visit. Is that called the Plaza? Please help me!!! Using the Penny farthing square as a start please point me in right direction We love a good steak so would like to find Nicos. Cheers

Gina

Like 0      
10 Mar 2007 10:14 AM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi everyone

The Run that Patman refers to (Thai restaurant) is opposite the Penny Farthing - have heard very good reports of it but haven't been.

Went to La Diva (just down from The Run) last summer. Was very busy with it being August but service was good & the food was lovely - just could have done with a bit more of it (not being a pig  but don't usually manage to get to the desserts but had no problem there)

Have also heard very good reports of Nicos at Oasis. Gina you are in the right place - oasis is by the Arches - if you walk past La Sombra (pizza restaurant) & past the english pubs (Amys bar etc), Nicos is at the end.

The Wok sounds interesting - will have to find that one on the next visit - not sure where it is though - could you give any more directions Patman? Thanks.

Like 0      
10 Mar 2007 1:26 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi H

That's great, thought the oasis was by the arches, when you drive through it;s mostly residential so is it down the bottom near that big mall that's not long opened or nearer the arches itself? Also Andrew (my agent) said the plaza is the walk through from Mercadonna square is that further down south again where that courtyard garden restaurant is?

Thanks Gina

Like 0      
10 Mar 2007 5:48 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi Gina

As soon as you drive through the Arches look left & you will see La Sombra restaurant  (it's only small) - thats on Oasis. Turn first left & park up - you will find the english bars & Nicos restaurant there. Roblemar restaurant is on the right hand side as you drive through the Arches but wasn't open in Feb when we were last there. The Las Velas centre (think thats the right name) is at the end of that road on the roundabout - is that the shopping centre you are talking about?

The Plaza is where the Penny Farthing, Bayside, La Diva etc are - loads of others as well - presuming ending with Angelas at the bottom.

Haven't been to Hotel Encarnacion but think it's on the beach front. Anyone want to tell me - am I right in thinking you walk past it if you walk along the beach to the Marina?

H

Like 0      
10 Mar 2007 7:59 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi H

The hotel Encarnacion must be the one further down past The plaza as we walked along the prom and it is on the front, just didn't know the name of the little part it's on. There is also a lovely German run restaurant near there where we had a nice steak meal last time we were there also on the sea front. Thanks for all the other info, like to know where I;m headed as the last few times we were over we were looking at stuff for the apartment, this time will be able to enjoy ourselves!! Hoorah!

Gina

Like 0      
10 Mar 2007 8:40 PM by alcomps Star rating in Essex UK . 24 posts Send private message

alcomps´s avatar

Hi all

We are new to this forum. but find it very interesting. La Encarnacion hotel / restaurant is very well worth a visit and is in LA, about a 20 minute walk from the beach front nearest Angelinas at the bottom of the Plaza. Keep the tips going. Alan.

Like 0      
10 Mar 2007 9:11 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi everyone

Just a thought - if anyone likes Indian takeaways - Try Casa India in LA - www.casa-india.com - the only takeaway I know that offers you a drink when you walk in - fantastic! (Food is great too!) We usually collect from them but they will deliver - addresses on new urbs can be a bit of a problem for them though, so they just told me to give them general directions & then to stand outside and wave like a maniac!! No problem!!!!

There is a map on the website, but the best way I can think of describing how to get to them is turn right by El Patio (near Euromarina) & go straight up past Albatross development to the top of the road. Turn left & carry on until you get to the roundabout - again turn left & park up at the back of the 'muebles' store. Casa India is up the next side street. Not as bad to find as my explanation would seem though! (& worth it)

Great place for us as 3 of us love indian food but the 4th (kid) wouldn't - no problem - they do pizza as well! Happy days!!!

H

Like 0      
10 Mar 2007 9:23 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Alcomps

I'm being blonde again, welcome alcomps and thank you for the info. Am I thinking La Encarnacion is , if Angelina's is on your left, head for the beach, go to your right along the prom and it is down that way? I didn't catch the name of it when our agent took us through there quickly but just sounds the same with lovely courtyard, chandeliers and things. Please put me out of my misery.  By the way have you bought in LA?

H. Are we obsessed, all we talk about is food. Told you I'm Jimmy 10 at the moment. How about we ask everyone where the local gym is??  Perhaps not, maybe we can manage a brisk pub crawl along the prom LOL

Gina

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 3/10/2007.

Like 0      
11 Mar 2007 11:22 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi H,

That web site for the casa india looks great. I remember seeing El Patio when we were over and looks very nice so will be giving that one a try.

Gina

Like 0      
11 Mar 2007 8:22 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi Gina

You can look for the gyms if you want - I will stick to sitting in the plaza at a great restaurant (vino in hand) & watching the world go by!! Diets can wait for the UK.

I'm actually in two minds about El Patio - have been a few times & had mixed experiences. First few times was great but the last time had greasy chips, steak that nearly jumped off the plate (it was still mooing!) & daughter had salmon with mainly bones. Maybe to be fair it was very busy as a lot of restaurants were shut in feb - so will give it another go.

Patman - can you give more directions to the Wok? Sounds great. Thanks.

H

Like 0      
11 Mar 2007 8:36 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi H

Yes was only joking about the gym LOL. We have been to a fabulous chinese in Santiago so when we go back over will be able to post properly the name. It's on the roundabout in the town, fab food, service and very reasonably priced. The fish restaurant on the front also Santiago near the yacht club is lovely, freshly caught fish. I think it's called Miguels. ill have to write down the names. Then again with the trips we'll be doing to Ikea for our bits and pieces we'll probably be living on swedish meatballs. Hubby hates Ikea so going to try to get as mucjh in the car as poss!!!! Want to get time to enjoy when we are over.

Gina

Like 0      
11 Mar 2007 9:23 PM by alcomps Star rating in Essex UK . 24 posts Send private message

alcomps´s avatar

hiya Candyfloss,

Your directions sound about right. Sorry if the directions were a bit vague but the directions are from Hotel 525 through the plazza leaving viva estates on the left, past penny farthing past the girly type shop on the left over the road and down to the beach. When you arrive at the beach look right and the hotel/ restaurant is the white building with blue shutters far in the distance, If you walk ,you wont need the gym thus killing two birds wiyh one stone.lol. We have bought  an apartment on Rodagolf .

Alan

Like 0      
11 Mar 2007 9:37 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Alan,

Thanks for that, It sounds like the one I was thinking of. Just completed ourselves so it will take a while until we can all name the restaurants so we can post properly. We are newbies, but it's fun isn't it? We are in Santiago de la Ribera near the Dos Mares but spend a lot of time in Los Alcazares. When we were over Christmas we rented again in Polaris so was amazed at how much Roda Golf beach had shot up, Looks amazing. We were going to have a look in but ran out of time. I was told that the golf course is open but not the restaurant yet is that right? We are over at Easter now so will try and get some restaurant info, 'll take a note book! LOL.

Regards Gina

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 10:01 PM by MANSOURS Star rating in Milton Keynes / Los .... 46 posts Send private message

MANSOURS´s avatar
We are back from Los Alcazares having collected our keys and ordered furniture for our new apartment!  We had a very busy week as you can imagine and we ate at several good places in LA, but we are still looking for a good Spanish restaurant which serves a good paella.  My little boy loves paella and we have promised him to find somewhere when we go back in May - so help please!!!! Any recommendations from you would be appreciated.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 10:18 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Kathleen, I don't know if this will be too far from you, but I've just posted to milli about having coffee overlooking the sea at the Mediterraneo restaurant, on the beach at El Mojon.  It's just north of Mar Menor,  on the med coast next to San Pedro del Pinatar and Pilar de la Horadada.  This restaurant has great paella.  On Sundays it is extra popular - the locals order it in advance and come to collect huge pans of it to take home.  I certainly recommend it, the location is lovely and your son can play on the beach as well if he wants (no road to cross).  Let me know if you ever want directions.

Jane

Jane

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 10:25 PM by MANSOURS Star rating in Milton Keynes / Los .... 46 posts Send private message

MANSOURS´s avatar
Thanks Jane, I will have a look at the map - it sounds like a great place and the location sounds perfect! We will be hiring a car in May so I'm sure it won't be too far.  Thanks again!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish civil procedure question - 2 posts
T-mobile sims - 0 posts
Free 02 sim cards, you can have up to 4 free - 2 posts
What about Gibraltar? - 26 posts
I'm having to leave EOS, sorry everyone. - 15 posts
befor last payment - 4 posts
Experience with IA Procon / Sun-Spain Mediterraneo ? - 1 posts
Arenal Duquesa - 17 posts
Experience with Euro Abogados ? - 2 posts
Kids Spanish Stories - 30 posts
Tai Chi - 0 posts
Iberian International - 24 posts
Are we thowing away our money ?? - 4 posts
Social Security payments - 17 posts
Los Lagos Santa Maria Golf - 47 posts
La Vuelta restaurant, Guardamar, Costa Blanca - 0 posts
How to put a signature on your profile page so it shows at bottom of every post automatically - 0 posts
Price of tobacco & cigarettes on the Costa Blanca (Eurotabaco) - 0 posts
Hi there! Newbie here. - 9 posts
ElCherro Restaurant Murcia - 5 posts
Nearest Healthcare Unit to Duquesa - 0 posts
Marina dor Costa caribe 2 - 5 posts
Happy Birthday, Juan - 7 posts
Last minute thoughts about size of Spanish mortgage!! - 3 posts
Toys for kids - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 117

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x