All Things Sports

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Mar 2007 2:58 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Just played La duquesa...thought i would as It is the local course...very windy though...tomorrow its Don Julio(spellig?)...then Arqueros...back 9 are better than front 9 and very crowded....interesting to see the development from the golf course..

John

Regards

John

Like 0      
13 Mar 2007 3:08 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Nigel (husband) played Duquesa when we were there a few years ago - he wasn't too impressed with it then, as it was July and I think they may do alot of ground maintenance then.  Do you mean Dona Julia golf course?  He played that last year and said it was very nice.  I've only played Estepona down there, which was fun!!

Enjoy your golf! 

Like 0      
13 Mar 2007 5:27 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Jan I'm available to play around with you when you are over - only when your husbands on the course though

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
13 Mar 2007 5:55 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Smiley, very funny!!!!   I looked back to check my grammar then!

HOW SAD IS THAT??

Like 0      
13 Mar 2007 8:50 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Jan

I did mean Dona Julia...hope this bloody wind drops...otherwise the spin i put on the ball when i slice it will be exaggerated...dont worry about Smiley cos if he was out in Manchester he would be 'camping ' our around Canal st...ask Rixxy as she was there Saturday..

john

Regards

John

Like 0      
13 Mar 2007 9:23 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
I dont think they would have let him in either!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 2:05 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 11:08 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
I know - Im a naughty girl and will go spank myself! Im still getting used to using the forum as never been on any before, sorry 

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 1:00 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
OOOOH Spank me toooooo - is that a new sport?

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 1:21 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

The way things are going I think I will start a spank club for frustrated business people, either living here or who fly over.

Know any premises to start in, dungeon would be fine and can I get a mortgage??? 

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 1:27 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Funny you should say that but I did one a couple years back for a couple buying a villa on the CB (no names, no  pack drill - nor addresses) and they were going to open a dungeon there after some reform work - big old place too - they were into that scene in the UK and believed much demand for w/e breaks from the UK set in warmer climes - cashfolw forecasts were phenomenal

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 1:30 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Thats what I have heard! I like the idea of the flashy rubber outfits and whipping some lawyer to pieces mainly cos MY day has been crap!

Short black wig I think...

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 1:39 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Think the lawyers want it to be the other way round as they are often the judges whipping boys and girls so they want to get their slice of the action

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 1:52 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Thats ok  - as long as they pay Im not fussy !

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
17 Mar 2007 9:34 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

didnt work

This message was last edited by bobaol on 3/17/2007.

Like 0      
19 Mar 2007 9:31 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Oh my gawd!

Chelsea lead 2- 0 to Spurs

Sean Wright-Phillips getting the last goal!

Yeah!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 6:57 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
John (JC1) - sorry didn't get back to you on the camel front!!  Justin deleted the thread (probably best, seeing as that camel was getting tired!!).

Just wondered how Dona Julia was last week?  The golf that is (if anyone wonders!!).  How was the course?  We're thinking of getting a few rounds in while we are there,  so would be interested to know.

Did you manage to get any rounds in at any other courses, that you could recommend maybe?

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 11:45 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Jan...i wondered where the thread had gone..like you say probably best.

As for golf  my son and I played 3 courses , La Duquesa, Dona Julia and Los Aqueros ( the archers) which is just off the San Pedro to Ronda road near La Quinta. My son recommended it as he had played it before on a stag party 3 years ago.( suprised he could remember it)

All good courses but my favourite was Los Aqueros..its more established, very hilly ( my home course is as flat as my jokes) and designed by Seve B. Clubhouse was excellent , locker rooms had a sauna, and the food and bar good value. Dona Julia is a new course but i think you might have played it??? So new the clubhouse is a temporary portakabin. Greens are big and excellent. Great views and very scenic holes except for the last 4 when you swing past where the hotel is being built. duquesa is ok but i didnt feel it had the same quality as the other two. Some of the greens are impossible..just chip on and the ball just rolls off the other side!!

The pricing was interesting too. Duquesa was the most expensive, Los Aqueros the least. At Dona Julia the package came with a buggy but you certainly need a buggy at Los Aqueros. Buggy hire there was €24 , at Duquesa €32..to me thats inversely proportional to the quality of course.

At Duquesa there is a gym ,  sauna and steam room available too and its 2 minutes down the road though which weighs heavily in its favour.

First time i have played in Spain ...really enjoyed it . It was great to play golf and not have to clean the mud off your shoes when you had finished...mind you in your case the courses mibht be very similar i expect.

We should get Justin to organise ( and sponsor) an EOS golf day...what do you think???

Regards

John

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 11:50 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Fibs do you reckon this could be a three way split - sounds painful - Chelsea Man U - FA Cup final - CFC v MU Champs League Final and CFC v MU Premiership. Interesting stuff - small matter of a few games to be palyed in between - good job you got the Carling Cup really 

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Fibby...reckon you must be Chelsea fan then...what do you think will happen to Chelski if, as part of his divorce settlement, Roman gives Chelsea to his soon to be ex wife?

Regards

John

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

San Cayetano Quarter Villas - 12 posts
needing new home - 1 posts
restaurante hesparia en murcia - 0 posts
Iberian International Problems with? - 33 posts
How do I get an Avatar? - 41 posts
what is a legal proxy vote - 12 posts
You and your Car in Spain - 2 posts
Part Load To Spain From UK - 2 posts
Buying a bungalow in Daya Nueva La Vega Baja development - 1 posts
Keep trying to change me Avatar - 2 posts
Coto Real Development - 9 posts
Oxygen Rental / Purchase in Spain - 3 posts
Spain real estate: como es global property guide report - 0 posts
Anyone in UK interested in a meet up - 6 posts
Peggotys Fish and Chips and nearby - 8 posts
Purchase/Sale Contract Example - 33 posts
Driving to our new home - 13 posts
Does anyone else find the EOS logo creepy??? - 21 posts
Buying an appartment in Almaradi - 10 posts
Maps of towns, airports & lots of great information - 2 posts
Check weather in your area of Spain for 5-10 days ahead - 18 posts
Mar Menor Restaurants? - 116 posts
Spanish civil procedure question - 2 posts
T-mobile sims - 0 posts
Free 02 sim cards, you can have up to 4 free - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 302

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x