All Things Sports

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jun 2007 10:33 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Jan ...I think the boy is bringing F1 back to the attention of us all....it was beginning to be less attractive cos of no real stars but he is putting the glamour back into it.  Also one of the benefits of a place in duquesa is we are not far from Jerez where a number of teams parctice pre season and during...Justin sent me the web site for the track with dates of F1 practices..but i lost that when i lost my hard drive...but I am sure Justin can send again.

Regards

John

Like 0      
18 Jun 2007 11:08 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
The testing in Jerez isn't far away and is definitely worth going to for a quick fix.  The curcuit website (which isn't very good) is:

http://www.circuitodejerez.com/en/home.htm

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 Jun 2007 12:22 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Oh, my husband is going to be well peeved!!  He arrives in Spain the night the four days of testing at Jerez finish!!

Oh well, looks like my other boy and myself will be getting an F1 fix!!

Thanks for the info, Justin!

Like 0      
18 Jun 2007 1:05 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Jan, be warned, it's really expensive to get in to see the testing.....3 Euros EACH

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
22 Jun 2007 5:32 PM by Tiddler Star rating in Calahonda. 33 posts Send private message

Tiddler´s avatar

Well hi all. Now I am finding my way around this forum can I ask if anyone is interested in showjumping? I know its not necessarily a manly sport but I understand there are some championships held in Spain

Also the polo if anyone knows about that in Sotogrande I would love to hear from them

Like 0      
22 Jun 2007 5:37 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Are they the mints with the holes

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
22 Jun 2007 5:41 PM by Tiddler Star rating in Calahonda. 33 posts Send private message

Tiddler´s avatar
Yes - and fluffy ears!

Like 0      
16 Sep 2007 5:55 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Ok, back to F1!!  Well, how has Lewis Hamilton held out this season, his debut season?  Fantastic.  Okay, points trailing a bit, and it's close now - it's really between the three, Hamilton, Alonso and Raikkonen!!  Any of them could take the championship.

So who's up for a bet - a "virtual" round of drinks (unless we all happen to be in Manilva at some point!!) on who takes the championship??  Personally, I'm still going with Hamilton.  Three races to go - Japan, Shanghai and Brazil and the points are slim.

Great stuff!

PS  Justin, thanks for the info about Jerez Circuit and the F1 testing!  Forgot to mention that we went there for the day and it was great!!  Unfortunately, we went on the Tuesday and we found out after that loads of the drivers themselves (and not just test drivers) were there on the Wednesday and Thursday!!!  But absolutely great!  Jake just loved it!  If they're testing there next year, we'll be back again!  And all for 3 Euros!

Like 0      
16 Sep 2007 6:46 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I REALLY want Hamilton to win but Alonso is is really strong at the moment and I think Alonso will win the championship this year again.

That's my bet placed....

Justin

P.S.  Glad you enjoyed Jerez, I'll be going there soon too!

Like 0      
16 Sep 2007 7:02 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
OOOhhhh, Justin - putting it out there, aren't you!?!?!?  Two world class drivers, Alonso and Raikkonen, with Hamilton already up there!  Interesting!  Alonso's strong, but Hamilton's beaten him on a few occasions!  Let's see!!

I'll take that bet!  I'm sure Hamilton can still take it.  And that won't be a virtual round either, if either one of us loses!  We'll be meeting you somewhere in Manilva to either pay up or sup up next year!!  We can then place our bets for the 2008 season!!

Here's to Hamilton!!!!

Like 0      
05 Oct 2007 3:46 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Well, Justin!  Looking good for Hamilton!  Two races to go and 12 points ahead of Alonso!  He'd pretty much have to be well down or out of the points to lose!

Let's see what happens in China - could be the deciding race on Sunday!!!

Like 0      
06 Oct 2007 8:11 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
And Hamilton takes pole again!! 

Like 0      
06 Oct 2007 8:28 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Lewis on pole!  What a star.  I've already chewed off all my nails just watching the qualifying.  With a predicted wet race for tomorrow I predict I will chew off the rest of my fingers.  So if I don't post again tomorrow it's because I can't

What a star though.  Go ge 'em Lewis!!!!

Like 0      
07 Oct 2007 8:02 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

What happened!!??!!

Next race has to be his!

Like 0      
07 Oct 2007 8:57 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
So sad for Lewis!  Let's hope he's back on top in Brazil!  So, it could be any one of the three, theoretically.

Now I'll have to ready for Scotland tonight against Argentina!

Like 0      
07 Oct 2007 9:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Yeah, poor Lewis.  The team admitted it was their fault for not calling Lewis in earlier but it's going to be another nail biter in Brazil.

Roll on Brazil.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 10:35 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Never mind that - what about the england rugby!!!!!

They GOTTA be odds on to win this saturday - reckon they will be uop against Argentina in the final eh Pitby??

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 12:22 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
I'm still suffering from Scotland's defeat!!     I'll put money on a South Africa/England final, myself - not that I care now that Scotland are out, but have to put up appearances for the sake of my OH!!  Who would have put money on Argentina and France being in the semis!??!

I'm just counting down to Brazil now for Hamilton!!

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 12:31 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

we have at least one world champion anyway!. James Toseland won the  World Superbikes title in France yesterday. Barry Sheene tipped him as a 'star of the future' shortly before he died. James moves up to GP's next season.

Like 0      
20 Oct 2007 7:51 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Hope you've let your nails grow in the last two weeks, Justin!!  Otherwise you'll be biting down to your knuckles this weekend!!

Who do you fancy for pole today?  I'm with Hamilton, even though Alonso is looking strong.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | ... | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

San Cayetano Quarter Villas - 12 posts
needing new home - 1 posts
restaurante hesparia en murcia - 0 posts
Iberian International Problems with? - 33 posts
How do I get an Avatar? - 41 posts
what is a legal proxy vote - 12 posts
You and your Car in Spain - 2 posts
Part Load To Spain From UK - 2 posts
Buying a bungalow in Daya Nueva La Vega Baja development - 1 posts
Keep trying to change me Avatar - 2 posts
Coto Real Development - 9 posts
Oxygen Rental / Purchase in Spain - 3 posts
Spain real estate: como es global property guide report - 0 posts
Anyone in UK interested in a meet up - 6 posts
Peggotys Fish and Chips and nearby - 8 posts
Purchase/Sale Contract Example - 33 posts
Driving to our new home - 13 posts
Does anyone else find the EOS logo creepy??? - 21 posts
Buying an appartment in Almaradi - 10 posts
Maps of towns, airports & lots of great information - 2 posts
Check weather in your area of Spain for 5-10 days ahead - 18 posts
Mar Menor Restaurants? - 116 posts
Spanish civil procedure question - 2 posts
T-mobile sims - 0 posts
Free 02 sim cards, you can have up to 4 free - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 302

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x