All Things Sports

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Mar 2007 10:22 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Hi Pete praps one day I will write a book - not sure anyone would read it - I spent the best part of 20 years as a broker in the wholesale money markets trading interest rate products and then off balance sheet derivatives. It was a hard life before the mast .- no really it was a massive laugh - mates used to ask me what I did for a living and my stock answer was "tell lies and drink large amounts of Vodka" - there was a very serious side to it all the same and phenomenal amounts of money were being traded every day - most important was that it was enjoyable - but the stories oh god the stories - invariably revolving around a boozer somewhere or someone letting themselves down when they were pissed! One particular afternoon I was in a basement wine bar with a pal - decided too pissed to go back to work and so between us we consumed 13 bottles of Pino Grigio wine - I had an argument with a fag machine coz no fags came out after I had failed to put any money in - they had just emptied it when I came along and started to rip it off the wall complaining I had been ripped off - so they opened it and lo and behold - no money - would have been embarrassed (not) if I had been sober enough. A little later I disappeared to the loo only to walk back intot the bar with my pinstripe trousers round my ankles - very elegant I looked too apparently. I had to be poured into a cab - my mate batted on and showed me his bill for the pub after the bar the next day and he reckoned about another 8 pints of Guinness on top and I believe it because he could drink - both of us back on it the next day  - there is a plethora of other stories mostly relating to trains but will save it for my publisher

Am I happier as a mortgage broker? Probably about the same but the big difference is that I am alive - I doubt I would be if I had carried on - just so much alcohol and as long as I stuck to Vod I was never ever pissed and never ever hungover so liver would be like a shrivelled chamois leather by now

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
30 Mar 2007 10:53 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Pedro and John, Luckily due to watching paint dry I was just about able to tear myself away and miss the england match. However the news updates were enough to make one cringe!

I dunno if I can post the photos here as they may be offensive to you and others looking in here. 

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
30 Mar 2007 11:54 PM by gerryboland Star rating in ek and trampolin hil.... 119 posts Send private message

gerryboland´s avatar

c`mon you English guys You do not have a right to expect you are better than any other country. However you you are bigger under achievers than Northern Ireland compared to your potential and your seeding. EVEN they lead their group witrh Scotland and The Republic.

SACK THE FA  EVEN THE TV COMPANIES ARE IRISH NOW

its A PUPPET.................... ONLY A JOKE DONT BE UPSET REALLY ..............C`MON THE UK

This message was last edited by gerryboland on 3/30/2007.

This message was last edited by gerryboland on 3/30/2007.

Like 0      
31 Mar 2007 7:51 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Gerry...Henrik is a legend in 10 weeks to us...why did he go home???

anyway i know its a joke but i am not upset...honest ......we Manu fans don't realy give  a toss about England...why should we when Beckham got the stick he did after 98...thats why we have a song about Ronaldo...it goes like ...he runs on the left...he runs on the right....other lines i wont add here but ends with He made England look shite ( sorry ). Very unpatriotic but reality is fact . And they are not very good at moment.

Rixxy...any pictures that feature a pole ?( not a Pole)

Regards

John

Like 0      
31 Mar 2007 3:37 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Ah john - someone told you my secret. Yes into the pole dancing. Think there are some pics around somewhere but I didnt take them!!!

Dont tell me you prefer those to the netball ones?

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
31 Mar 2007 4:16 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
31 Mar 2007 6:30 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

OK jeansis...i shut up...

Regards

John

Like 0      
31 Mar 2007 10:28 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Aw Janice - it was supposed to be a secret! Anyway thats an old routine. THE new one ends with me hanging upside down by crossed ankles

BUT ITS A SECRET.

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
31 Mar 2007 10:34 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
31 Mar 2007 10:41 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Gosh - dont apòlogize to them - they will start up again!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
01 Apr 2007 1:55 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Girls ..I am trying to start up again but my battery has gone flat...need to get the crank handle out!!!  ( old enough to remember them)

This message was last edited by JC1 on 4/1/2007.

This message was last edited by JC1 on 4/1/2007.

Regards

John

Like 0      
01 Apr 2007 1:57 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
I got some coal somewhere you can use......... Cant have a flat battery, terrible if that happens at the optimum moment!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
07 Apr 2007 8:00 PM by pedyer Star rating in Bristol, England / B.... 83 posts Send private message

pedyer´s avatar

Thought I'd better get this sports page moving again, so I'm going to have a gloat.....

What a week, Liverpool 2 wins, Man U 2 defeats and Bristol City are as good as in the Championship. oh yes and the sun is shining in England, first bbq of the year tomorrow.

Ecstatic.

Pete

Like 0      
08 Apr 2007 2:22 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Pete ...really happy for you  .  Still 25 points is a big task to make up on United.  Aren't Liverpool nearer relegation zone than the top??  It'll be 17 years this year , you probably know that anyway.

well done bristol city...are they the Gas Heads or is that the other mob?

Regards

John

Like 0      
08 Apr 2007 5:04 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi  guys, just popped in this thread, in between vodkas with a few friends in the sun, in the garden! I have my sporting head on cos we have a big local rugby match here in Hull tomorrow!! Hull F.C play Hull K.R cant wait. I know it wont mean much to the rest of the world ,but it means the world to me.! My Hull FC black and whites are pressed and ready to go!  I do watch England football when they are on, but rugby is the sport for me. 

We have just got back from York, there was a track day on , it was a "RUN WHAT YA BRUNG" day! People could race their normal road cars or any car. There were some dragsters, VW Beetles and Minis  all really fast!!! John was most upset that his Subaru Impretza is "a bit poorly" so he couldn't get on the track with them all. It was a fun day out, they even had Big Foot trucks crushing cars!

Anyway, I am off back to my vodka, in the sun for a couple of hours, then off to a club for a boogie, before I retire for my beauty sleep( and beleive me I need lots now my 50th is getting closer!!!!) Then I can be nice and refreshed for the match tomorrow!

Cheers all

Trish

This message was last edited by JPD on 4/8/2007.

Like 0      
08 Apr 2007 5:13 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
08 Apr 2007 11:16 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Whats this about needing beauty sleep nearing 50 - youre only as old as you feel - so many people seem to want to get old before their time - I still seem to do some of the carzy things I did when I was 15 - sometimes the body takes a little longer to get over it but generally I dont feel any different - and I am up at 2 and 3 in the morning posting on here and still up and ready to go at 7 next morning

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
08 Apr 2007 11:25 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
09 Apr 2007 12:28 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
09 Apr 2007 11:37 AM by pedyer Star rating in Bristol, England / B.... 83 posts Send private message

pedyer´s avatar

Hi John

Would not have expected you to know about Gas heads, I thought it was just a Bristol thing, anyway yes they are the other mob, we City fans are known by Rovers fans as S**t heads.

As for the other info you posted, yes your right it's 17 years and we are counting, but we are now 3 points nearer the top and 3 more points away from relegation then we were before Saturday's results.

Enjoy the rest of your Easter in the Sun.

Pete

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

San Cayetano Quarter Villas - 12 posts
needing new home - 1 posts
restaurante hesparia en murcia - 0 posts
Iberian International Problems with? - 33 posts
How do I get an Avatar? - 41 posts
what is a legal proxy vote - 12 posts
You and your Car in Spain - 2 posts
Part Load To Spain From UK - 2 posts
Buying a bungalow in Daya Nueva La Vega Baja development - 1 posts
Keep trying to change me Avatar - 2 posts
Coto Real Development - 9 posts
Oxygen Rental / Purchase in Spain - 3 posts
Spain real estate: como es global property guide report - 0 posts
Anyone in UK interested in a meet up - 6 posts
Peggotys Fish and Chips and nearby - 8 posts
Purchase/Sale Contract Example - 33 posts
Driving to our new home - 13 posts
Does anyone else find the EOS logo creepy??? - 21 posts
Buying an appartment in Almaradi - 10 posts
Maps of towns, airports & lots of great information - 2 posts
Check weather in your area of Spain for 5-10 days ahead - 18 posts
Mar Menor Restaurants? - 116 posts
Spanish civil procedure question - 2 posts
T-mobile sims - 0 posts
Free 02 sim cards, you can have up to 4 free - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 302

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x