All Things Sports

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Mar 2007 2:22 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 12:53 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

When oh when will they appoint an England manager with the creativity and imagination to form what are rightly called some of the worlds best players into a team. Can we not appoint someone like Strachan or (dare I say it) Ferguson (not that he would do the England job anyway). What the hell is the point of playing a wide right player on the left for 80 minutes of the game - why not have one on each bloody side so that we can have a team that at least looks like it might be based on attack and deliver the ball to where it is going to count. Bloody hell nobody ever wins anything without scoring goals and taking a few chances. There is no doubt that they are some of the best players in the world - they show it week in week out for their clubs - they are brave and spirited men (albeit overpaid) that seem to have a desire to win and play in winning style with passion and courage - what the hell happens to them when they pull on an England shirt is beyond me - I can only think it is the ginger headed one who has felt the influence of the Swedish undertaker and the lack of spirit and passion has rubbed off - God knows where we would have been in the Battle of Britain if men like that had been running the country.

To be honest I think we should start grooming Roy Keane to be next - what he has done at Sunderland has been awesome in such a short space of time - a man who inspires others to aim for the stars and make them believe that they can - and if they dont he will kick their backsides. Who cares whether he is politically correct - he will get the job done. Really I would like to think the ROI will appoint him before England get close but think he has probably blown any chances he would have of getting that job.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 12:55 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Crikey Smiley, wondered where you where!

Havn't read that post but guess you have been the last 3 hours writing it.....................we know you men only type two fingered.........

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 3:37 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 4:01 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Smiley

The problem with the incumbent England manager is the same as the last, it is politcally incorrect to drop either Lampard or Gerrard, both great players but do not fit into the same team. I think it was patently obvious that Lennon should have started on the right with Downing on the left. Yes lennon can do a job on the left but any Spurs supporter will tell you he is so much more effective on the right. I thought this manager was going to be bold and courageous when he dropped Beckham one of the other 'untouchables' but alas I now believe that was just an extravegant statement to try and earn respect. He is rapidly losing it.

Alan

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 4:14 PM by colesfamilywales Star rating in Pontypridd. 75 posts Send private message

Alan

I agree, Leenon is far more comfortable and effective on the right, we need to explain it Martin Jol too......any quality defender can see him cutting back in when he is out on the left....it was his achilles heel against Chelsea.

Anthony

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 4:18 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Anthony

Sometimes managers play players out of position to make up for a lack of balance in the side. This is the case at Tottenham but England at the moment have no excuse. Unless of course the coaching staff have no confidence in Downing in which case he shouldn't be in the squad.

Alan

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 6:16 PM by gerryboland Star rating in ek and trampolin hil.... 119 posts Send private message

gerryboland´s avatar

wow Janice

that is brilliant my  celtic heart is beating faster now.

thanks again

gerry

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 6:22 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 8:18 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Alan, anthony. Couldn't agree anymore with you but what suprises me is that we are suprised when we perform like that.mcclown was on the verge of being sacked at Middlesborough then the FA picewd him!!!! The problem is mot with Lennon, he needs to bite the bullet and drop Lampard. He is great for Chelsea but they use nim effectively just off the forwards. Best thing would be to hand the reins to Venables.

Regards

John

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 10:24 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Yeah but that aint ever gonna happen - actually Im not sure El Tel is best for the job - brilliant for the team at Euro 96 and actually had them playing with spirit and an emphasis on attack but think he might be yesterdays man - while I agree that dropping Beckham was the smart move at the time he has been playing fantastically at Real when they have permitted him on the pitch and he is still admired as one of the best deliverers of a dead ball in the game - think McTurnip should have swallowed pride and called back into the squad - maybe not as first choice as we have to build for the future but right now our bloody backs are to the wall and he would probably add another dimension as a sub - and christ nobody can fault his work rate or desire to win - while not a CFC fan I think Terry is maybe swrong choice as skipper too - you dont see him trying to push the other players the way Beckham used to - I dont want Beckham back as skipper but question whether Terry is right - doesnt seem to get as fired up as he does at Chelsea - I know backs to the wall  tends to be the way we like it (apparently) but what is wrong with getting there the easy way and winning games from the start.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
27 Mar 2007 6:54 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
I suppose El Tel is going back a bit too far (10 years) but i cannot believe he is party to a total performance like that. McTurnip ( like the link to G Taylor) doesn't know how to use his subs...El Tel i am sure would. Beckham is a difficult one for me, being a Manu fan. It was correct to sell him when we did and at the time I thought his time had gone with England. That was because I hoped we had a plan..but we haven't . We have not replaced him with anybody on the right, and for all his lack of pace and inability to tackle, he could deliver like nobody else. You are right McT should have recalled him. He was a leader on the pitch, which agreeing again, Terry isn't.  This is difficult for me to say but Gerrard is the leader and should be in the middle. Anybody who can turn a game round like he did against Milan should be given that role for England. What we really need is for McT to try and get Scholes to partner Gerrard in the centre...that is the ideal partnership. Lennon or SWP on right and Joe Cole when fit on left.

Regards

John

Like 0      
27 Mar 2007 8:37 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Can we talk about Netball??

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
27 Mar 2007 10:19 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Girlie Basketball....course you can...go on then...

Regards

John

Like 0      
27 Mar 2007 12:39 PM by johnone Star rating in La Reserva de Marbel.... 233 posts Send private message

johnone´s avatar

Nude Volleyball is also Good? (to watch)

John

This message was last edited by johnone on 3/27/2007.

Dime con quién andas y te diré quién eres.

Like 0      
27 Mar 2007 1:15 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
27 Mar 2007 2:35 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Gosh Janice - arent they terrible! I was about to load up my nude netball pictures then decided against it!!

This message was last edited by Rixxy on 3/27/2007.

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
27 Mar 2007 3:19 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
what about ladies beach volleyball...i'll watch that...

Regards

John

Like 0      
27 Mar 2007 4:17 PM by pedyer Star rating in Bristol, England / B.... 83 posts Send private message

pedyer´s avatar

Hi All

Not really into this England football team debate as the subject matter has not changed since we won the World cup in 1966, we build the team up going into games only to be disappointed when they play c**p again, yes we have had some great performances since but so few to mention in over 40 years. I think most people would agree that MacTurnip (has anyone emailed the Sun newspaper with this name) should not have got the job, but he was cheap and available at the time, I like El Tel but I think he has had his time, my choice would have been big Sam for what he has done with players past there sell by dates at Bolton

Anyway, main reason for writing this post, just wanted to say that I have waited a long time for a Man u fan (thanks John) to come forward and say a Liverpool player should be captain of England (you know it makes sense), that said, now lets get off the footie topic (only for a short time) and get into Ladies beach vollyball and Rixxy where are these pictures exactly?

Hasta luego

Pete

Like 0      
27 Mar 2007 5:02 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Ah but they asked for volleydall ones, not netbal. So now that im insulted I wont put them on the forum and keep them where they are in my camera....

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

San Cayetano Quarter Villas - 12 posts
needing new home - 1 posts
restaurante hesparia en murcia - 0 posts
Iberian International Problems with? - 33 posts
How do I get an Avatar? - 41 posts
what is a legal proxy vote - 12 posts
You and your Car in Spain - 2 posts
Part Load To Spain From UK - 2 posts
Buying a bungalow in Daya Nueva La Vega Baja development - 1 posts
Keep trying to change me Avatar - 2 posts
Coto Real Development - 9 posts
Oxygen Rental / Purchase in Spain - 3 posts
Spain real estate: como es global property guide report - 0 posts
Anyone in UK interested in a meet up - 6 posts
Peggotys Fish and Chips and nearby - 8 posts
Purchase/Sale Contract Example - 33 posts
Driving to our new home - 13 posts
Does anyone else find the EOS logo creepy??? - 21 posts
Buying an appartment in Almaradi - 10 posts
Maps of towns, airports & lots of great information - 2 posts
Check weather in your area of Spain for 5-10 days ahead - 18 posts
Mar Menor Restaurants? - 116 posts
Spanish civil procedure question - 2 posts
T-mobile sims - 0 posts
Free 02 sim cards, you can have up to 4 free - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 302

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x