HAPPY EVERY DAY CHAT

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Mar 2007 2:00 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/16/2007.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 2:19 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Hi Janice

Thought I would say hello.... pub sounds great. I lived in Weston-Super-Mare for a while. I worked at a private health club as a gym instructor (cant remember what its called) it was about 11years ago now. I wonder if its still going. I rented a room in someones house which was weird but it was the first time I left home!! I thought Weston was a lovely place.

Well must back get to colouring in with my little one, we've done the peppa pig puzzle now its felt tip time!!

Have a great time in Spain

Tina x

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 2:30 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 3:13 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Hi,
I was in the UK a couple of weeks ago, took one of my daughters out for a drink.
I had a white wine and soda, Charlie had a vodka and something. I nearly fell through the floor
when the bar maid asked me for £6.20.
'£6.20, are you mad'
'Mother do clam down, thats what it costs here'
You can have a 3 corse meal with wine in our village for that.

Hay ho, I'm off to read my book in the sun shine. One benefit of living in a building site, not much house work do!
Dusting? all I can do is shuffle it around a bit!

Have fun where ever you are.
Regards,
Fiona

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 5:11 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
FEBE THATS THE SAME BASIS MY MRS HAS WORKED ON FOR THE LAST 17 YEARS - BUILDING SITE OR NOT!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 8:00 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Good Girl,

Tell me, when was the last time she used the iron?
I only ask because I was having a natter with few of the mums outside school yesterday (Spanish and English) and it turns out that most of us
do the 'smoothing' instead! (this involves smoothing out (usualy on the bed)and then folding very nicely))
I've lived in Spain for 7 months now and have used the iron once. That was to glue a finishing strip  to a shelf edge!

There's just so many ways to aviod housework.
And why bother in the first place? It's a never ending job. If you have children, while you are busy cleaning up one bit, they are busy messing up
another!
The plates we eat from are spotless, the food we eat is fresh and (though I say it myself) well prepared. Our cloths see the inside of the washing machine
on a regular basis, the shower sees us on a regular basis.
So what if the floor's a bit dusty, and when the sun shines it looks like I've got net curtains up!  I'm not expecting HRH The Queen for supper. However IF a large
black Rolls flying the Union Jack to come up the track, I'd have the place sparkling before it parked! (All hell breaking loose of corse!)

Take care, don't work harder than you need to.

Febe.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 9:19 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Uses the iron regularly - normally to smack me round the head when a frying pan isnt close to hand. Sometimes my wrinkles need a bit of smoothing out too. Doesnt iron my thongs but most things get done - not bedding of course as it normally dries so quickly with the right weather and then gets smoothed on the bed - by the time I have been in the bed for 5 minutes it wouldnt matter whether it was ironed or not - but she does do my shirts - such a fussy old git I am you see

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 10:30 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Ironing thongs!
I should hope not......unless it's done in situ!...............great balls of fire............burning bush, and all that!
I'm more of a 'Bridget Jones' girl my-self.
But I do have to admit that I miss smooth sheets....................mmmmmmmm Marmite!

(note to self....Oh do behave),
Febe

This message was last edited by Febe on 3/6/2007.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 6:15 PM by raquel Star rating in Valencia. 19 posts Send private message

Ironing! I remember my first six months here... working from home so spent all my time in bikini, showered by the pool, several times a day! put on a t shirt and shorts to pop to the village or pub! 

Unfortunately I work in an office now so have to iron my work clothes! although will admit I don´t wash them too often, bit of febreze and hung outside to air will see them through a couple of days!

This weekend I went to a bull "fight" more dodging than fighting, has a technical spanish name but can´t remember it now, I started with a bocadillo of tortilla con patata and a cerveza (at 10am, how spanish I´m becoming!) then sat in the baking sun for 2 hours watching an amazing display in the plaza de toros ( another cerveza in hand!).

I got thinking to myself " surely soon this holiday style lifestyle is going to have to stop!"  but then I thought... " I work long hard hours all week so can do what ever I like at weekends and its certainly is going to be a holiday lifestyle! How great life here in Valencia is. Now we have Fallas too, can´t wait for Friday!

Like 0      
15 Mar 2007 9:32 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
15 Mar 2007 10:53 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
This is a picture of the Burj Dubai (which apparently when it's finished will be the tallest building in the world - until another one is built higher!!),  It's currently at 110 floors and about 50 more to go!!

I took this from my villa - it is approx. 2kms away.  Just thought you might be interested to see that the haze you see isn't fog or anything, it's sand!!  There was a bit of a sand storm earlier today, with high winds, and my husband and I played golf in it!!  And this was a mild one!!

I was absolutely covered, head to toe, in find sand!!  And that wasn't just from trying to get the ball out of the bunkers!!  But I was happy as I managed to par  three holes at least!! 

My "happy" contribution for the day! 

This message was last edited by Pitby on 3/15/2007.

Like 0      
15 Mar 2007 11:04 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
15 Mar 2007 11:31 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
And, by the way, it was about 35°c too!!  And we still go out and fight with the fairways!!!

At least in summer, when it's about 45c, it's half the price!!

Like 0      
16 Mar 2007 12:04 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
16 Mar 2007 12:09 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Morning Janice! 

Very bad shamal (sand storm) blowing here today!  Can't even see the Burj Dubai from my window now.  Thunderstorms forecast too!

Who'd think you'd be strolling along the prom with an ice cream in March in Weston and we'd be sitting indoors, hubby and son watching a movie, and me at the computer in Dubai!!  (for a change!!)

Maybe we should have gone skiing at Ski Dubai and really made it strange!!

Like 0      
16 Mar 2007 1:03 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
16 Mar 2007 2:09 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Lovely day here today.  We've just been having our lunch in the garden.  After a few days of strong winds it's been most welcome.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
17 Mar 2007 7:45 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Morning all!

Well, the sun is trying desperately to cut through the clouds here, but at least the wind has dropped and I have swept up all the sand that crept in under my door!!

So we're out for a nice lunch somewhere to make the best of the rest of our weekend before going back to school/work tomorrow!!

Think it could be the Irish Village today (only appropriate!) - for some good Irish food, washed down with some good Irish beverage!!

Have a happy day!!

Like 0      
17 Mar 2007 10:15 AM by MANSOURS Star rating in Milton Keynes / Los .... 46 posts Send private message

MANSOURS´s avatar
HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY TO ANY IRISH MEMBERS!!!!!

Like 0      
17 Mar 2007 11:05 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Yes, Happy St. Patrick's Day to all those Irish folk out there.

Don't get too drunk........!!

Happy day for me too, flying off to Espania at 3pm today!!!

Best have some Guiness on the flight!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Punta Plata Estepona - 10 posts
Marbella Property Scandal - 8 posts
Where have YOU bought ? - 16 posts
security - 3 posts
seccurity - 0 posts
Las Vistas de Santa Maria Golf - 5 posts
Radio phone-in on Marbella planning - 0 posts
Help swell Emma's fund - I will donate £4 for every guide sold - 98 posts
Oh JUSTIN-N-N-N......... - 4 posts
Info on Urb. La Marina - 1 posts
First Post - 5 posts
Childminding jobs - 6 posts
A GOOD READ & INFO - 4 posts
Jet Skiing in the Costa Del Sol (Benalmadena area) - 4 posts
dentists Mar Menor area - 0 posts
Change Law Firm after inital Deposit - Is it possible. Almerimar - 23 posts
Show House - 4 posts
Free healthcare in Catalunya - 8 posts
Not all agents are bad - 47 posts
moving to Estepona - 1 posts
Shared Photos - 1 posts
Where is the best place to move to - 5 posts
How to escape paying the extra tax ! - 3 posts
Sky and Broadband short term - 2 posts
Offshore or Not? - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 617

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x