HAPPY EVERY DAY CHAT

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Mar 2007 11:23 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/16/2007.

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 4:42 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 6:14 PM by Plunket Star rating in Benalmadena, Costa D.... 36 posts Send private message

Plunket´s avatar

Hi JeansSis,

I like the look on the fish´s face.

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 6:21 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
You're so right, Smiley!  Janice, look at that totally bewildered fish!!  He just wants to get back to his supper!!

Fantastic for Paul, though.  What a catch!

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 6:24 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Jan it was actually Plunket that mentioned it but I know what he means - have you been at the computer cleaning fluid and tonic again - or is Dubai a wet state

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 6:37 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Sorry, Plunket!!  It was your observation!  And a great look on that fish's face!!

And, yes, Smiley - Dubai is most definitely wet!!  How on earth do you think we could cope here otherwise!!  Need a licence to buy it though!!  Fortunately, they don't make you walk a straight line though!!!  Although, I'll bet the cleaning fluid is a lot cheaper than a bottle of wine??!!!   Mmmmmm............

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 6:51 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Had a mate a few years back who worked in Abu Dhabi and our office had branches in Kuwait and also Bahrain although I think on the ex pat compounds and hotels it wasnt a problem - nearly went to work in the latter so am sure wouldnt even have considered it if I couldnt - anyway in Kuwait and AD it used to be illegal completely and seriously they used to use computer cleaning fluid as a replacement for Vod - slightly different taste and similar proof to Pocheen - (cant remember how to spell that - due to the last time I had an evening on it!)

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 6:51 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Had a mate a few years back who worked in Abu Dhabi and our office had branches in Kuwait and also Bahrain although I think on the ex pat compounds and hotels it wasnt a problem - nearly went to work in the latter so am sure wouldnt even have considered it if I couldnt - anyway in Kuwait and AD it used to be illegal completely and seriously they used to use computer cleaning fluid as a replacement for Vod - slightly different taste and similar proof to Pocheen - (cant remember how to spell that - due to the last time I had an evening on it!)

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 7:06 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Actually, Smiley, Abu Dhabi is wet too and always has been - in the last twenty-six years (nearly) that I've been here on and off.  Bahrain is also wet - but Kuwait is most definitely dry.  My husband used to live in Kuwait before he came here and they used to brew their own.  Used grape juice and mix it with water and sugar and ferment it!  Used to use eths (ethalnol or something) and cut it with water and drink it with tonic!!  Enough to make you hit the Soda water!!  They also have a brew in Saudi called Sidiqi, which is a similar concoction!!

Had a friend who used to smuggle in the home brew beer kits and took the labels off the tins and replaced them with Heinz steamed sponge labels!! 

God, it's desperate out here!!!

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 7:12 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Yeah the computer fluid was ethanol based I seem to recall - I am going back twenty five years or so and so many Screwdrivers, Piledrivers and Moscow Mules not to mention Vod Lime and Soda have been consumed since then - thus I bow to your greater knowledge about Abu Dhabi - think they just drank it straight from the bottle and the occasional tonic water if they wanted a quiet night

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 7:56 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Just had to change the first post on this thread - as when I checked in I got Smiley"s "Yeah the computer fluid was ethanol based I seem to recall"  thought that might not be the most welcoming entree to "Happy Every  Day Chat"!!  Not that there was anything sinister in it, just responding to my earlier post!!

A happy thought for my day is that I only have two more before I'm in Madrid!!!  

Whoopppeeee !  Although I must get our stuff together to pack tomorrow!

Can't wait to get on that plane!!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 3/21/2007.

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 8:01 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
It seems that you are stalking me round the site .......or am I stalking you?

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 8:05 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
I'm stalking you SMILEY!!  or are YOU stalking ME??????

de der de der de der de der de der (that's' meant to be the Jaws theme in case you didn't know!!!!)

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 8:10 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Chase me chase me - with your big grey fin - I had that worked out as the sound of music - dunno how but I did - oh no that was do ra mi fa so la ti da

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 9:11 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 10:20 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 6:31 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 8:32 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Enjoy your night out Jeanssis.

Just as a matter of interest I was pointed in the direction of this forum by someone elsewhere.

As I said. I posted my question here and elsewhere and was put down over there and helped here.

I hadn't the heart to tell the nice man over there that I had already found you.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 8:40 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Shes a good girl Lauryc - if someone posts looking for assistance and the post gets missed and she cannot answer herself she is like a terrier with a bone at some of us who might be able to answer - she is forever bollocking me via e mail for not attending to someones inquiry - helps me stay on my feet and ensures that I dont miss anything I should - acquaint her to someone in my past whose husband used to instill fear by physical violence - his wife on the other hand inspired respect and immediate acquiescence by a request and a certain look that meant woe betide you if you dont do it

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 8:45 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

We had a bit of  a problem today but it's sorted now.

Is Glassman from the other forum on here too?  Heatherspk and he were the only two voices of friendliness amongst the doom and gloom there.

Hopefully we will be able to get work started on our house before too long now and may even be able to move in before next year. haha

It's taken two months since purchase to achieve nothing.

Laury

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Punta Plata Estepona - 10 posts
Marbella Property Scandal - 8 posts
Where have YOU bought ? - 16 posts
security - 3 posts
seccurity - 0 posts
Las Vistas de Santa Maria Golf - 5 posts
Radio phone-in on Marbella planning - 0 posts
Help swell Emma's fund - I will donate £4 for every guide sold - 98 posts
Oh JUSTIN-N-N-N......... - 4 posts
Info on Urb. La Marina - 1 posts
First Post - 5 posts
Childminding jobs - 6 posts
A GOOD READ & INFO - 4 posts
Jet Skiing in the Costa Del Sol (Benalmadena area) - 4 posts
dentists Mar Menor area - 0 posts
Change Law Firm after inital Deposit - Is it possible. Almerimar - 23 posts
Show House - 4 posts
Free healthcare in Catalunya - 8 posts
Not all agents are bad - 47 posts
moving to Estepona - 1 posts
Shared Photos - 1 posts
Where is the best place to move to - 5 posts
How to escape paying the extra tax ! - 3 posts
Sky and Broadband short term - 2 posts
Offshore or Not? - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 617

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x