HAPPY EVERY DAY CHAT

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 May 2007 8:09 PM by howardandkay Star rating in Daya Nueva near Alm.... 76 posts Send private message

howardandkay´s avatar

Not long to go now before we move to sunny Spain...

Tried to put pic here,but failed...see above...success at last!

This message was last edited by howardandkay on 5/16/2007.

Like 0      
15 May 2007 8:23 PM by Rose1 Star rating in El Pilar, Estepona. 78 posts Send private message

Rose1´s avatar
Howard and Kay - how can you do that to us???!!!

Like 0      
15 May 2007 9:42 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Well....I have tried and tried to put the friendship thingy on here.....................but failed as I thought I might.......................however I have managed to stick it in several files and all over my desk top!!!!! Sorry folks....would really have liked to share it with you................but be happy anyway.

Thoughts and hopes for Maddie.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
16 May 2007 8:47 PM by howardandkay Star rating in Daya Nueva near Alm.... 76 posts Send private message

howardandkay´s avatar

Done it!,........... Move to Spain is coming very shortly now, and this is me(or similiar) doing what I hope I'll be doing (although perhaps not on a pedestrian crossing). Palm tree lined street, looks good, wonder where it can be.

Like 0      
17 May 2007 9:47 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Howardandkay

Great, love it!

I reckon it's a George Formby impersonator on a Miami boulevard!

If you need to do some busking when you arrive in Espania, stick to the pavement!

Rgds,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
17 May 2007 9:55 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Howard, you must be one cool person

I used to know a guy who made a ton of money busking...not a "job" to be sniffed at really.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
10 Jul 2007 9:13 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Thought I'd resurrect this thread to say it's our 36th wedding anniversary today.

A great achievement in this day & age.

Hubby is again at work all day though so I'm home alone. 

Like 0      
10 Jul 2007 9:38 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Congratulations Moreouzo

He's behind you..............................................

Like 0      
10 Jul 2007 9:53 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/10/2007.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2007 10:07 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Congratulations morerosado.  That's a lot of years, you must be very happy

Have a great day.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
10 Jul 2007 11:06 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Congratulations Morerosada!

Yes, a long time for this day and age!

You beat me by a year!

kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
10 Jul 2007 12:46 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Thanks all.   It's morerosado, not morerosada, Fabby !

I did a search for "rosada" & this is definitely not my casa !  I wish !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casa_Rosada

The Casa Rosada

La Casa Rosada (Spanish for "the Pink House"), officially known as the Casa de Gobierno ("Government House") or Palacio Presidencial ("The Presidential Palace"), is the official seat of the executive branch of the government of Argentina. (When not working at the Casa Rosada, the president resides in a compound in Olivos, Buenos Aires.)

The Casa Rosada was built at the eastern end of the Plaza de Mayo, a large square which since the founding of the city of Buenos Aires has contained the top political institutions of Argentina. The current building, however, dates back only to 1873 and was constructed over the foundations of an earlier customs house, post office, and fortress. Its balcony, which faces the square, has served as a podium for many figures, including Eva Perón, who rallied the descamisados from there, and Pope John Paul II, who visited Buenos Aires in 1998. Madonna sang her filmed rendition of the song "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina," for the movie Evita, from the balcony after a meeting with the then President Carlos Menem.

The building is painted a light pink colour (and a darker pink colour on the side facing the plaza, after a recent repainting). It is currently undergoing extensive renovation, including repainting. Dubbed "Casa Rosada" by President Domingo Faustino Sarmiento, it is said that he chose this colour scheme in order to defuse political tensions by mixing the red and white colours of the country's opposing political parties. An alternative explanation suggests that the original paint contained cow's blood to prevent damage from the effects of humidity.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2007 12:12 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
15 Jul 2007 3:52 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Love your inserts / photos Morerosada, have tried to do them myself but I think it's beyond me!! Still I can enjoy yours !!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
15 Jul 2007 4:05 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

i agree morerosado ... the piccies and stuff are great .... i can hardly type without spelling mistakes ... but it seems like im not the only one !!!!!

Em x

Like 0      
16 Jul 2007 9:50 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Once you've mastered the photo bucket it's easy to post pictures & resize the large ones to a more acceptable size. I never knew how to switch on a pc until about two years ago & the things I can do when I put my mind to it are immense. You learn as you go along.

(I've put the gif back on, dunno why I took it off. Some members are so scathing.)

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/17/2007.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2007 12:16 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

.........but not very modest!!!

Like 0      
16 Jul 2007 12:56 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
To Modest Morerosada,                'once you've mastered the photobucket'.....................................................WHAT ?

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
16 Jul 2007 1:39 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Aww goodstich, your 200th post & you wasted it on lil ole moi, I'm humbled.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2007 1:41 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Hi Morerosada, never seem to get a reply from you to my posts any more ?

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | ... | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Punta Plata Estepona - 10 posts
Marbella Property Scandal - 8 posts
Where have YOU bought ? - 16 posts
security - 3 posts
seccurity - 0 posts
Las Vistas de Santa Maria Golf - 5 posts
Radio phone-in on Marbella planning - 0 posts
Help swell Emma's fund - I will donate £4 for every guide sold - 98 posts
Oh JUSTIN-N-N-N......... - 4 posts
Info on Urb. La Marina - 1 posts
First Post - 5 posts
Childminding jobs - 6 posts
A GOOD READ & INFO - 4 posts
Jet Skiing in the Costa Del Sol (Benalmadena area) - 4 posts
dentists Mar Menor area - 0 posts
Change Law Firm after inital Deposit - Is it possible. Almerimar - 23 posts
Show House - 4 posts
Free healthcare in Catalunya - 8 posts
Not all agents are bad - 47 posts
moving to Estepona - 1 posts
Shared Photos - 1 posts
Where is the best place to move to - 5 posts
How to escape paying the extra tax ! - 3 posts
Sky and Broadband short term - 2 posts
Offshore or Not? - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 617

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x