HAPPY EVERY DAY CHAT

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Feb 2007 7:38 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
How did you do that Justin?? Am I having problems because I'm using a Mac? I can't change the font of my signature and when I'm typing, the line spaces I put in don't come out and my text is just one big paragraph! Like that - I just "returned" twice and no line spaces!! (well, there are on my computer, but not when it's posted). Or am I totally missing something??? Like a brain, maybe!!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 2/13/2007.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 8:57 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Pitby

There is a slight compatibility issues when using a Mac but have no idea how to sort it as I don't even have a Mac to try it on!  Sorry

If you want to insert an image all you need to do is get the url of the image, then click the "Insert image" icon above (in the editor) and then paste in your image link.  That will work with a Mac too.

Let me know how you get on.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 3:50 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/16/2007.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 4:26 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
You are going to think me totally dense, but I have no idea what you are talking about!! I've looked everywhere on this page for the little box with the mountains and sun and cannot find it!! When I post a reply, I just get the box for the message - no icon! So I think I'm either extremely short sighted or I need to try this out on my son's computer when he's at school tomorrow morning!!! He's running Windows and has IE - maybe it's a problem with Safari. I shall return!! Thanks for all your help, though!!

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 4:32 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 6:21 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Thanks, Janice - no, can't see anything like that!! It's obviously my browser, Safari. All I have is the text box under "Happy Every Day Chat", nothing else! Thanks for all your help - shall try with the other computer tomorrow and see if I can get my head around it using Windows!!

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 11:44 PM by patman Star rating in Chester and Los Alca.... 84 posts Send private message

patman´s avatar
Pitby, I'm sure you will be fine using windoze... I'm not sure but I think we are using an editor called fckedit or something like that and it may not be totally compatible with the Mac OS(Operating System).

Like 0      
14 Feb 2007 9:36 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

I've got toolbars!!!!    What I've been missing with my beloved Mac!!  Now I know, I'm going to be arguing with my son over his PC!!  How about that!

Janice, you must have thought me a right dippy t**t!  Explaining the "insert image" icon for me!!  I realise what it is now!!!    I'll just need to sort out the images and voila!!!  This is great fun!  Thanks for all your help!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 2/14/2007.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2007 10:31 AM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

Pitby, If I am not very wayy off the target, there is a version of the "Mozila Firefox" browser that works with MAC and I think that will let u do almost all.

Just Google "Mozila Firefox" and you will find the downloadin link. !

Juan.

S: MOzolla is "free for all".

This message was last edited by Juan Pánzon on 2/14/2007.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2007 12:39 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Hi Juan, yes, you're right - there is Firefox for OS X, I just haven't bothered downloading it as I was quite content with Safari! Had I known what I was missing .....??!! So thanks for reminding me and am off to download it now, so I don't have to wrestle with my seven year old son over his PC when he's playing the Zoombinis!!

Like 0      
14 Feb 2007 1:11 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Hooorray!!    I'm on my Mac with toolbars and the whole biz, through Firefox!!  Thanks for that, Juan!! 

Like 0      
14 Feb 2007 3:19 PM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

My friend..... at your service !

Juan

Like 0      
14 Feb 2007 3:27 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
14 Feb 2007 3:41 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Thanks, Janice.  Give me time to trawl through those great websites you posted and hopefully I'll have some "colourful" posts soon!! 

At the moment, I'm still having fun with the toolbars!!   And the fact I can put a line space between my text!!!

Like 0      
14 Feb 2007 7:31 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Pitby, sorry, i've been out a bit past couple of days and didn't notice you were having troubles.  Glad it's all sorted and that you're  now.

I didn't even know anybody actually used Safari these days!!

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
15 Feb 2007 3:39 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
18 Feb 2007 1:39 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
18 Feb 2007 5:39 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
18 Feb 2007 5:44 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I think there are lots of people on line at the mo JeanSis, they are just shy!

But hey, where's Smiley?

Not seen or heard of him since the last time you two went missing together...................

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
18 Feb 2007 6:10 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Punta Plata Estepona - 10 posts
Marbella Property Scandal - 8 posts
Where have YOU bought ? - 16 posts
security - 3 posts
seccurity - 0 posts
Las Vistas de Santa Maria Golf - 5 posts
Radio phone-in on Marbella planning - 0 posts
Help swell Emma's fund - I will donate £4 for every guide sold - 98 posts
Oh JUSTIN-N-N-N......... - 4 posts
Info on Urb. La Marina - 1 posts
First Post - 5 posts
Childminding jobs - 6 posts
A GOOD READ & INFO - 4 posts
Jet Skiing in the Costa Del Sol (Benalmadena area) - 4 posts
dentists Mar Menor area - 0 posts
Change Law Firm after inital Deposit - Is it possible. Almerimar - 23 posts
Show House - 4 posts
Free healthcare in Catalunya - 8 posts
Not all agents are bad - 47 posts
moving to Estepona - 1 posts
Shared Photos - 1 posts
Where is the best place to move to - 5 posts
How to escape paying the extra tax ! - 3 posts
Sky and Broadband short term - 2 posts
Offshore or Not? - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 617

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x