Where is the best place to move to

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by lee lee Star rating in London. 20 posts Send private message

Any ideas where the best place in Costa Del Sol is for a young couple looking to live for 6 months, We would like to work and live??

Any Ideas??? Please

Like 0      
19 Jan 2007 12:03 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
For young people (that makes me sound old and I'm not) I think the "Puerto Banus" scene is very appealing.  All our "young" child-less friends live around there and they really like it.  It's not for me but for two young singles it's got a lot of appeal.

If you live around the back of the port (Nueva Andalucia) you can rent an apartment for about 800 Euros per month, walking distance to port.

Also, I would assume you could probably find work in the many bars around there....but don't quote me on that.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
19 Jan 2007 12:16 PM by lee lee Star rating in London. 20 posts Send private message

EOS Team : thanks for the reply, do u know much about Estepona ?? lee lee

Like 0      
19 Jan 2007 11:19 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Very Spanish - busy bustling town with a lot going on 52 weeks of the year - not really a clubby scene like Banus but there are some - becoming quite developed - nice marina - Sunday flea market - 20 to 25 minutes from Marbella depending on traffic - good beaches - what else do you want to know?

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
29 Mar 2007 1:25 AM by davidf Star rating in London. 4 posts Send private message

I have seen entire costa del Sol from Malaga to Gibraltar. I would definitely recommend anywhere west of Benalmadena to east of Porta Banus.  Anywhere east of Benalmadena is too heavily built up and too crawded. Anywhere west of Porta Banus is simply too far and under-developed to be interesting or close to amenities. I have myself purchased apartment in Arenal Golf Benalmadena, because the development has Golf, Pools, close to Marina and beach, close to shopping, new development with all the conveniences of modern construction.

The key things to remember is that you should not sacrifice convenience of modern living, while at the same time be able to enjoy the benefits of living in Spain.

One word of advise on working in Spain. Too many people go to Spain with Grand ideas and immediately setup businesses, and then they suffer from the laws, regulations, spanish mentality, etc.etc.     The best thing to do is to start working with another English speaker who has an stablished business there.  Once you learn the environment, and accept the work mentality, then do it on your own.

Good Luck.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2007 11:28 AM by spain property seeker Star rating in UK. 4 posts Send private message

** EDITED ** Spam post

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 9/24/2007.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How to escape paying the extra tax ! - 3 posts
Sky and Broadband short term - 2 posts
Offshore or Not? - 11 posts
JOKES PLEASE .. IN HERE - 1414 posts
Wages - 1 posts
Warning! I do not recommend Ocean Estates - 100 posts
Information on La Marina Urbanisation - 3 posts
Want to sell your property! - 0 posts
JUSTIN ALDRIDGE - EOS MEET UPS - 11 posts
Mother & toddler groups - 2 posts
Police Warning - 2 posts
Deposit contract - 12 posts
New Photos - 18 posts
beach property in murcia - 12 posts
Chiropractor needed - 13 posts
When the plans changed (Brisas Del Mar) - 0 posts
Mimosa Beach Gardens - 27 posts
** EDITED ** - 2 posts
Anyone from Staffordshire or Cheshire? - 1 posts
Mijas area, Costa Del Sol - 3 posts
Renting out - 1 posts
Spanish Mortgages - high set up costs? - 5 posts
Spanish Wills - 4 posts
Interesting website.. Professional pilots chatting to each other. - 13 posts
security grills - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x