HAPPY EVERY DAY CHAT

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Mar 2007 3:23 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/16/2007.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2007 9:28 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Happy Mothers Day to all the mums out there!!

I totally forgot all about it this morning - and so did my son and husband!!  It was only as I was dropping my son to school (first day of the week for us here), when it was mentioned on the radio, that we both remembered!! 

So have to wait until they are home from school/office to get my cards and pressie!!

Have a lovely day!!

Like 0      
18 Mar 2007 11:08 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
18 Mar 2007 11:22 AM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Ahh! Thats the icing on the cake, with a cherry on top Janice. You have a lovely day anyway whatever you do xx

LOL

Trishxx

Like 0      
18 Mar 2007 4:39 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Here I am!!!

Thanks for the cake Janice, it was scrummy!

Well first day in sunny Spain has been quite lovely. It's 19 degs but windy on the beach, there are sunbathers all on the beach, some girl looked naked but my hubby assured me she had a thong on............he had gone off for a walk earlier, so can only assume he had walked in circles round and round that part of the beach!

Got my Mother's Day cards here with me, left my pressies at home. One Daughter bought me a lovely stephanosis (think that's how you spell it), the other bought me a tedday to take in hospital on 27th (thanks Bec, she just can't stop reminding me!~) and my other daughter (becky's twin) has a pressie for me when I get back.

Enjoy the rest of your day all you Mums out there!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
18 Mar 2007 5:33 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
18 Mar 2007 5:49 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Gawd blimey Janice, trust you to do a spell check on me, knowing that I have been on the vino!!

How's the weather in the UK? Heard is was snow storms, hail storms, freezing cold, windy, oh what else can I think of....mmmmmmmmmmm

he he he!!!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
18 Mar 2007 9:29 PM by Lesleywhiteman Star rating in Cippenham & Costa Bl.... 67 posts Send private message

Fibby, you should be sitting on your balcony (with your glass of vino) with a good book relaxing, looking out to the sea, before your op, not on your laptop.  Relax a little and enjoy the rest of your mothers day.  Wish I was there now, its freezing here! hope to see you when I arrive Friday or maybe Sat morning.

Lesley

Like 0      
19 Mar 2007 10:20 AM by harley Star rating in West Midlands/ Costa.... 67 posts Send private message

harley´s avatar

Hi Fibby  Whats the weather like over there in Spain. We are over for the week end, snowin here at the moment, can we take our shorts!!!!!!!!! any advice would be great. Had a lovely photo from Janice and Chris, will get back to them be for we set off. If you see a bread maker  on your travels can you let me know, we are only about 4 miles from you.Janice found one in lidl offer not on yet, and I have to take it through customs Mmmmm.                                                                                   

Harley

Like 0      
19 Mar 2007 10:42 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Harley,

Well, just checked the thermometer on the terrace and it's 26 degs!

Yes, bring your shorts!!!!

BUT, it does turn chilly at around 5pm when the sun gets lower, so bring your woolly knickers too!

We have had 2 days here and no supermarkets open! Luckily I had a few bits in the sotre cupboard so we havn't starved!

Going out for a Chinese tonight so that should be nice.

You are close to us here then? We are near the GoKarts in Playa Flamenca, just behind the new buildings by Lidls, We have a top floo attico overlooking the sea.

Enjoy your holiday here, we go back Saturday ready for my big op on Tuesday 27th cripes!!!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
19 Mar 2007 11:02 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Sorry Harley, forgot to reply on the breadmaker question....................IF there were any shops open, I would look for you!

But there's not so I can't!!!

Will have a look in Lidl's tomorrow and let you know.

Rgds,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
19 Mar 2007 11:16 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
19 Mar 2007 8:47 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi all,

We have had such a wonderful evening!

Got an e-mail from members Maria & Colin today who happened to be in Espania same time as us!

Arranged to meet this afternoon for 10 minutes, which soon turned into 2 plus hours!

Maria had been under a lot of strain as her agent had noted the wrong apartment number down and instead of buying a corner apartment, had been "sold" a middle one! (El Rincon, Costa Blanca)

She came onto EOS asking for help and a lot of members gave her moral support and advice, for which she is eternally grateful (she asked me to thank you all tonight.................. so thank you!)

However, since being here this week, a guardian angel has been sitting on her shoulder and the apartment she wanted originally has now become available due to lack of funds from the original buyer! How lucky is that?!

She and her partner Colin are so happy, what a wonderful story!

AND, we have spent such a wonderful time with them both tonight!

What a couple!

Maria is a laugh a minute, she is so funny, we were laughing at her stories long after she had left!

My type of person most definately and her partner Colin is such a nice bloke (fireman girls, eat your hearts out!)

Thank you Maria & Colin for a lovely evening and for supplying the booze too!

Kind regards,

This message was last edited by FibbyUK on 3/19/2007.

This message was last edited by FibbyUK on 3/19/2007.

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
19 Mar 2007 8:54 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
19 Mar 2007 9:02 PM by howardandkay Star rating in Daya Nueva near Alm.... 76 posts Send private message

howardandkay´s avatar

A week or so ago Justin told us of a competition to enter where we were asked to review a new website. So for a laugh I entered, and guess what, I've won a set of golf clubs!!

Now I've got to take up golf....

This message was last edited by howardandkay on 3/19/2007.

Like 0      
19 Mar 2007 9:05 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Crikey Howard that was good!

Give us the link!

Can't swing nothing let alone a golf club, but for free? ...................................There is chance for me yet!!!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
19 Mar 2007 9:09 PM by howardandkay Star rating in Daya Nueva near Alm.... 76 posts Send private message

howardandkay´s avatar
I think you may have missed out, but it was on one of his newsletters, don't know where they are kept.

Like 0      
19 Mar 2007 9:11 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Oh well, just my luck, but I did win a bottle of wine at the local bar, so maybe I can now become an alcoholic hic!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 6:08 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
You're up early, Fibby!!  Don't you have a lie in on your hols??  (Noticed your post on the St. Patricks Day thread!!)

Hope it's a nice day for you in Spain - it's a lovely one here in Dubai.  Back to normal, about 25°c, bright, clear day!  Nice breeze too!

And, well done, Howard!  I also entered that draw/survey too, but obviously didn't win! 

Have a nice day everyone!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 3/20/2007.

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 6:13 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Pitby (Jan)

Yes, awake since before 5 today!

Hubby up drinking cold pop from the fridge all night long kept me awake!

Wonder if it's anything to do with the big plop of garlic salt that I put in his baked beans last night?

Mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | ... | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Punta Plata Estepona - 10 posts
Marbella Property Scandal - 8 posts
Where have YOU bought ? - 16 posts
security - 3 posts
seccurity - 0 posts
Las Vistas de Santa Maria Golf - 5 posts
Radio phone-in on Marbella planning - 0 posts
Help swell Emma's fund - I will donate £4 for every guide sold - 98 posts
Oh JUSTIN-N-N-N......... - 4 posts
Info on Urb. La Marina - 1 posts
First Post - 5 posts
Childminding jobs - 6 posts
A GOOD READ & INFO - 4 posts
Jet Skiing in the Costa Del Sol (Benalmadena area) - 4 posts
dentists Mar Menor area - 0 posts
Change Law Firm after inital Deposit - Is it possible. Almerimar - 23 posts
Show House - 4 posts
Free healthcare in Catalunya - 8 posts
Not all agents are bad - 47 posts
moving to Estepona - 1 posts
Shared Photos - 1 posts
Where is the best place to move to - 5 posts
How to escape paying the extra tax ! - 3 posts
Sky and Broadband short term - 2 posts
Offshore or Not? - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 617

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x