Jet Skiing in the Costa Del Sol (Benalmadena area)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by samson Star rating in Solihull/Benalmadena. 125 posts Send private message

Anyone know where you can launch a Jet Ski in and around Benalmadena area? Preferably from a slipway.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2007 11:54 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Samson you know you have to have a Licence to use one - its the law. Not sure of anywhere specific in Benalmadena but there must be somewhere - I thought you just dragged them down the beach and threw them in the sea - on a trailer I mean.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
20 Jan 2007 7:09 AM by samson Star rating in Solihull/Benalmadena. 125 posts Send private message

Its definately not that simple. It would mean you trying to dodge bathers who are swimming. Normally the area where you launch is roped off to stop swimmers entering that area.

Like 0      
20 Jan 2007 1:00 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Sorry Samson I was being a bit flippant - I am not aware of any specific areas you can launch in Benalmadena - and certainly not from a slipway. There are leisure craft areas but I think most are controlled by private companies who rent out their own jetskis etc. Your best bet I think is to contact Benalmadena Marina who may have facilities. To be fair I have not been all the way down Benalmadena beach - it is huge and stretches a very long way - but certainly in the main area there were not any specific public launching facilities last year. Most people I know here with jetskis are members of some type of club - whether just with storage facilities or whatever - building of some type adjacent to the beach and they launch from there. 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
20 Jan 2007 5:36 PM by samson Star rating in Solihull/Benalmadena. 125 posts Send private message

Hi Smiley

Maybe thats the answer then is to join a club. If i remember rightly there is a marine shop in puerto marina that sell jets skis, next time i am out there i will ask as i sure they must know of a launching site. Best check out the licence issue as well. The last time i owned a jet ski in the UK no licence was required just insurance. Maybe this is just a requirement in spain or maybe they have introduced the licence thing to the UK as well now.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

dentists Mar Menor area - 0 posts
Change Law Firm after inital Deposit - Is it possible. Almerimar - 23 posts
Show House - 4 posts
Free healthcare in Catalunya - 8 posts
Not all agents are bad - 47 posts
moving to Estepona - 1 posts
Shared Photos - 1 posts
Where is the best place to move to - 5 posts
How to escape paying the extra tax ! - 3 posts
Sky and Broadband short term - 2 posts
Offshore or Not? - 11 posts
JOKES PLEASE .. IN HERE - 1414 posts
Wages - 1 posts
Warning! I do not recommend Ocean Estates - 100 posts
Information on La Marina Urbanisation - 3 posts
Want to sell your property! - 0 posts
JUSTIN ALDRIDGE - EOS MEET UPS - 11 posts
Mother & toddler groups - 2 posts
Police Warning - 2 posts
Deposit contract - 12 posts
New Photos - 18 posts
beach property in murcia - 12 posts
Chiropractor needed - 13 posts
When the plans changed (Brisas Del Mar) - 0 posts
Mimosa Beach Gardens - 27 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x