Las Vistas de Santa Maria Golf

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar
Does anybody know what has happened to the Las Vistas development in Eviria? We were to purchase an apartment there but called in our Bank Guarantee when all building was halted due to permits not being in place. This was part of the Marbella Mayor scandal. I understand quite a few people were caught out as they didn't have Bank Guarantees! We were told that the construction would probably would be completed at some point but when was anybody's guess.
Alan

Like 0      
23 Jan 2007 8:02 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Alan, did you get your money back from Las Vistas? Did you have to go to Court or did the developers pay up?( I suspect not!! ) I'm just curious.

Like 0      
23 Jan 2007 10:20 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Hi Tish

Yes we got our money back! No court & it was paid more or less when they said it would be. The only negative was we were paid interest on our investment at about 4% but by the time we paid the legal fees we broke even. But really we were just happy to get our original investment back.

Cheers Alan

Like 0      
23 Jan 2007 11:42 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Not sure it will ever happen - have put a few feelers out today - amazing how many people have never heard of it which is normally a sign. Who knows if the whole project was illegal then with the current situation that will probably be the likely outcome - people who live in the area no idea of the name so guess that speaks volumes

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
24 Jan 2007 6:36 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Well done Alan!

We received approx 4% interest too, but we also got our legal fees awarded to us by the Court.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 5:49 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

For anybody interested, the developers have still not had their building license reinstated at Las Vistas and therefore the area has become a ghost town. It is not clear whether the project will ever be finished. I feel sorry for investors that bought without a Bank Guarantee, and apparently there were quite a few.

Alan

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Radio phone-in on Marbella planning - 0 posts
Help swell Emma's fund - I will donate £4 for every guide sold - 98 posts
Oh JUSTIN-N-N-N......... - 4 posts
Info on Urb. La Marina - 1 posts
First Post - 5 posts
Childminding jobs - 6 posts
A GOOD READ & INFO - 4 posts
Jet Skiing in the Costa Del Sol (Benalmadena area) - 4 posts
dentists Mar Menor area - 0 posts
Change Law Firm after inital Deposit - Is it possible. Almerimar - 23 posts
Show House - 4 posts
Free healthcare in Catalunya - 8 posts
Not all agents are bad - 47 posts
moving to Estepona - 1 posts
Shared Photos - 1 posts
Where is the best place to move to - 5 posts
How to escape paying the extra tax ! - 3 posts
Sky and Broadband short term - 2 posts
Offshore or Not? - 11 posts
JOKES PLEASE .. IN HERE - 1414 posts
Wages - 1 posts
Warning! I do not recommend Ocean Estates - 100 posts
Information on La Marina Urbanisation - 3 posts
Want to sell your property! - 0 posts
JUSTIN ALDRIDGE - EOS MEET UPS - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x