Show House

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by cooler40 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I have bought a property off plan and paid 40% deposit on it.  When we went out to Spain in December we went and had a look at the development to see how our villa was progressing only to find that it had been finished and the builder was using it as a show house without our knowledge.  Is this legal in Spain? 

Like 0      
19 Jan 2007 5:36 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Crikey, what a cheek!
I don't know the legalities of this, all I know is that normally, they build a "Piloto" which they normally knock down after!
Sounds as if they are saving themselves the trouble of building the piloto.
I would talk to your solicitor, promptly!
Surely, you should at least have a discount on the price for "wear & tear", plus as a gesture of good will, get them to leave all the show house furniture in it!
Good luck,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
19 Jan 2007 7:25 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar
I reitterate Fibby's comments but we were told by our builder, who was allowing prospective buyers to look at our completed house before we completed (as ours is the TWO bed version of his THREE bed showhome near us) after WE complained about it.. that it was HIS property till such time as we completed. Builders are a law unto themselves in Spain, they REALLY are !

If we'd seen OUR home (or certainly what we had paid 40% deposit on) being used as a SHOWHOME I'd go BALLISTIC !!!

When are you expecting to complete ? Keep us informed, we are all incensed.

Like 0      
21 Jan 2007 6:42 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Not terribly nice for you and I would also be incensed, but in the eyes of the law I think you will find that until there is a transfer of title it is technically his to do as he pleases. If your brief cannot answer the question send a PM to Spanish Inquisition on one of the lawyers/taxes threads. The Spanish take a more relaxed view about most things and I suspect that if it was a Spaniard buying the house as long as it were perfect when they took possession they would probably be quite cool about it.

Rgds

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
10 Feb 2007 12:20 AM by RG Star rating. 299 posts Send private message

I suppose another more positive way of looking at it is that if the devlopers are using your property as a show home then it has to be one of the best units (in terms or style, layout, orientation, views etc) compared to others in that development, phase or block?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Free healthcare in Catalunya - 8 posts
Not all agents are bad - 47 posts
moving to Estepona - 1 posts
Shared Photos - 1 posts
Where is the best place to move to - 5 posts
How to escape paying the extra tax ! - 3 posts
Sky and Broadband short term - 2 posts
Offshore or Not? - 11 posts
JOKES PLEASE .. IN HERE - 1414 posts
Wages - 1 posts
Warning! I do not recommend Ocean Estates - 100 posts
Information on La Marina Urbanisation - 3 posts
Want to sell your property! - 0 posts
JUSTIN ALDRIDGE - EOS MEET UPS - 11 posts
Mother & toddler groups - 2 posts
Police Warning - 2 posts
Deposit contract - 12 posts
New Photos - 18 posts
beach property in murcia - 12 posts
Chiropractor needed - 13 posts
When the plans changed (Brisas Del Mar) - 0 posts
Mimosa Beach Gardens - 27 posts
** EDITED ** - 2 posts
Anyone from Staffordshire or Cheshire? - 1 posts
Mijas area, Costa Del Sol - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x