Spam in Private Messages

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Has anyone else had the following link placed in their private message box by someone calling themselves 'Fraud'?

www.justiceforall.eu

This message was last edited by sandra on 2/28/2009.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 1:58 PM by cazbaz Star rating in leeds. 85 posts Send private message

Yes I have - and rather foolishly followed the link - EOS this is a commercial company (if they are not a scam themselves) how have they accessed this please?

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 3:54 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

We have no control over who joins as a user of the forum, however we do have rules!

As this user 'Fraud' has obviously transgressed these rules, then they will be banned from the forum and their IP address will be reported to the relevant authorities.

I will talk to Justin about this for you both and anyone else who has had the same problem with this forum 'user'.

Colin

EOS Team

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 2/28/2009.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 6:39 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Thanks for letting me know.  I have blocked the user and deleted all his pm's.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 7:12 PM by harley Star rating in West Midlands/ Costa.... 67 posts Send private message

harley´s avatar

I have had the same message, I would think most of us got this spam email.......

M

Harley

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 7:34 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Out of interest I didn't get this PM, however some people have?

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 9:25 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

I also received it and deleyed it.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 11:13 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

No PM for me either.

Mark

Like 0      
01 Mar 2009 2:30 AM by funluvin99 Star rating in Scotland / Moraira. 96 posts Send private message

funluvin99´s avatar

Yup, I got it too, came on to post if anyone else had and found this thread first!!

Never let anyone tell you what you can't do!!

Like 0      
01 Mar 2009 8:18 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I got it to, deleted it without clicking the link...................

Just for info...........

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
01 Mar 2009 12:19 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Maybe it was after the female element of the forum!

Like 0      
01 Mar 2009 12:25 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Hi

I have also had this message.  I haven't gone into it and I am definitely going to delete it. 

Thanks.  Chrissie. 

Chrissie   

Like 0      
01 Mar 2009 3:26 PM by harley Star rating in West Midlands/ Costa.... 67 posts Send private message

harley´s avatar

Well would you belive it.........................................2pm today another message with the same link.

M

Harley

Like 0      
01 Mar 2009 4:56 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

I also have received and deleted this message this afternoon

Jean

Like 0      
01 Mar 2009 6:23 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Is the PM from the same user or a different user name?

We are talking PM's here with links and NOT email, as EOS send you the email to say that you have a PM from a user.

Just wanted to clarify that you DO NOT get DIRECT email from other users, as other users of EOS DO NOT have access to your email addresses.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
01 Mar 2009 7:12 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

TechnoApe

This is what I recieved in my mail box.  Hope this helps.  Chrissie

Eye on Spain member, monalisa, has left you a private message at Eye on Spain.

You can read this message at:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/pm/

Chrissie   

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 8:53 AM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

I have had the same message as Chrissie1

The link is different to the usual   http://www.eyeonspain.com/secure/pm/

unfortunately I clicked on the link before seeing the message from Chrissie1 - dare I ask what are the implications of this?!

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 9:23 AM by andenca Star rating in London. 44 posts Send private message

I also received an e-mail on 1.3.09 telling me I had a PM from Monalisa, when I clicked the link I got straight into EOS and then I saw your threat.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 2:24 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Justin checked out the website that was contained in the link, and I checked it out via McAfee's Site Advisor and it doesn't 'appear' to be a malicious site, but to be on the safe side we are not advocating that any forum user go there or not, it's just that this type of approach is not allowed on this forum.

The PM's were from 'new members' that were using this site and it's facilities for self-promotion, and that is against the forum rules.

It is one thing to offer your help if a member asks for such help on the open forum, but this was clearly a breach of the rules and these members have been banned.

Again, the email you receive is from Eye on Spain informing you that you have a PM (Private Message) in your Forum Message Mail Box, this is NOT email, it is a text message that has been sent to you directly from another forum member.

The email you receive from Eye on Spain is COMPLETLEY SAFE as it only informs you that you have PM, from which user you have received the PM and contains a direct hyperlink to your Forum PM Mail Box so that you can go straight to your Forum Mail Box and read the PM.

However, any link that is contained within the PM itself 'could' present a risk, therefore we advise people to activate these hyperlinks at thier own risk! We allow hyperlinks in PM's as some users do not know how to copy and paste these links into their web browser.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 3/2/2009.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 9:05 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

I think this person is only selecting members who have posted on the off-plan forums hoping to cash in on anyone who has lost money on certain illegal projects.

How did he circumnavigate the minimum posts before he sent spam messages.

I didn't get one BTW but then I don't post on the off plan forums.

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hurrah! Pepi´s Refuge has homed 5 dogs this week !! - 3 posts
WATCHING JUSTINS SIESTA SHOWS - 6 posts
Uk Shopping in Spain ..... - 8 posts
Car repossesion in spain. legalities ? - 7 posts
Developer Changes to our Apartment - 6 posts
Horse riding - 2 posts
telitec internet - 0 posts
Something to keep in mind.... - 3 posts
Finally sorted!! 7500kg truck leaving UK March 15th. - 0 posts
Ryanair set to charge £1 to use the toilet! - 39 posts
Auriga Crown at Murcia airport - 8 posts
Please speak English!! - 19 posts
A totally free and unique property website - 0 posts
RECIEVING LOTS OF EXTRA SKY CHANNELS - 2 posts
Can you pick up English channels without a dish - 5 posts
Got some learning Spanish ideas for you all! - 2 posts
Developer Mortgage Question? - 12 posts
Linea Directa - liberty seguros - Mapfre ? - 5 posts
Weather forecast - who do you trust? - 3 posts
john colling - 0 posts
New Site Live!!! - 139 posts
Income Tax & Social Security - 7 posts
Transfering Regular Money to Spain - 4 posts
Spain: Who Is Responsible For The Property Bubble? - 3 posts
What's happened to Manilva Leisure ? - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x