Linea Directa - liberty seguros - Mapfre ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

Hi,

It is car insurance renewal time again. With the credit crunch biting hard I am looking to save a few  euro's but not at the expense of quality of service.

Does anyone have any good, bad experiences of any of the players in the insurance market?

Cheers

Steve

Like 0      
18 Mar 2009 9:14 AM by Christian Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

Hi Steve,

I used Liberty until not long ago, but Mapfre offered me a better deal on a franchise basis. I don't know if in Britain this term is used in the same way when it comes to insurance -agree to pay a maximum amount when presenting a claim. I own an Audi Allroad, have full coverage insurance with a 600€ franchise and pay 800€ a year. I found this a very good deal. And Mapfre is also a very good company.

Hope this helps.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2009 11:51 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

You might also consider Allianz; been with them for nearly three years and no hassles...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
18 Mar 2009 12:32 PM by johnnie1uk Star rating. 99 posts Send private message

I use Linea Directa never had any problems.

John

Like 0      
18 Mar 2009 1:30 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Linea Directa will do what they need to keep your business and you should nEVER accept the first quote, just say no and they will reduce the price

I rang around and they were still the cheapest 

Like 0      
22 Mar 2009 10:09 AM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

Cheers folks,

I sorted the insurance no problem, however I have made a few notes.

In my case (clean license , one driver , full ncb) Linea Directa were by far the most expensive, followed by Mapfre. Liberty seguros were next.

The best quotes came from Salts Bay and Jennifer Cunningham (both brokers in Torrevieja and Javea).

One point worth considering is earlier in the year when obtaining house contents insurance Linea Directa rang back to see why I had not taken their insurance and offered to beat any quote by €20.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Weather forecast - who do you trust? - 3 posts
john colling - 0 posts
New Site Live!!! - 139 posts
Income Tax & Social Security - 7 posts
Transfering Regular Money to Spain - 4 posts
Spain: Who Is Responsible For The Property Bubble? - 3 posts
What's happened to Manilva Leisure ? - 9 posts
Wanted : Villa Rental - Mijas Costa - 0 posts
Snagging - 0 posts
Why oh why - 1 posts
Residents get together - 5 posts
Right Move International - 4 posts
Community Charges - 9 posts
Rose & Thistle - 0 posts
Saturday Feb 28th Andalucia Day... - 5 posts
Moving to spain - 6 posts
UK PLASMA TV IN SPAIN? - 2 posts
Iceland in Spain? - 43 posts
End of the Euro ?? Could it really happen - 3 posts
Does anyone know of a van with spare room coming from UK to Manilva Area in March 09 - 9 posts
Signature on documents - 2 posts
Keith and Liz we live in La Escha near Lorca Murcia - 1 posts
UK van & storage back working. 1st March in Scotland. - 0 posts
I'm frustrated by my inablity to learn Spanish - 52 posts
Ryanair to drop check in desks by end of year? - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x