Transfering Regular Money to Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by kevinphall Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi

I am moving to Malaga in May, but I will continue to be paid in Stirling into a UK bank account.

Can anyone advise me how the best way to transfer the money accross to a Spanish bank account is? It will be around £1500 per month.

Many thanks
Kevin

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 1:32 PM by mickmeeks Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Kevin, I do not know if this is any help but I have a leaflet on my desk from Halifax (HBOS) offering a Banco Halifax Hisania  Xtra a/c. The requirement is to pay in a minimum of 600 euros monthly into the UK end and you will have access in Spain. it costs 25 euro per annum. try ringing 0845 122 1443 quting ref SM. The leaflet was circulated in November 2008.

Regards

Mick Meeks

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 5:17 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Kevin - before I moved out permanently I used to send money regularly via John Mohan at Sterling Exchange.  I got the commercial rate rather than the tourist rate and he would always advise me when was the best time to send money, depending on the exchange rate.  They also do regular monthly payments.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 8:07 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

You could open a Nationwide Flex account, you can draw out £300 a day at atm's in Spain.  If you open a joint account both account holders can draw out £300 each a day.  The rate is close to business rate and you could decide which day you wish to draw out the funds to get a good rate.  The accounts can be managed on line, you could open an e-savers account and transfer the funds between the two accounts to take advantage of the better rate of the e-savers.

Have no idea what the interest rates are now and how they compare with interest which could be earned in Spain.

I've had the account for a while now and find it useful for travelling and also for topping up the Spanish bank account I use for paying the utility bills.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spain: Who Is Responsible For The Property Bubble? - 3 posts
What's happened to Manilva Leisure ? - 9 posts
Wanted : Villa Rental - Mijas Costa - 0 posts
Snagging - 0 posts
Why oh why - 1 posts
Residents get together - 5 posts
Right Move International - 4 posts
Community Charges - 9 posts
Rose & Thistle - 0 posts
Saturday Feb 28th Andalucia Day... - 5 posts
Moving to spain - 6 posts
UK PLASMA TV IN SPAIN? - 2 posts
Iceland in Spain? - 43 posts
End of the Euro ?? Could it really happen - 3 posts
Does anyone know of a van with spare room coming from UK to Manilva Area in March 09 - 9 posts
Signature on documents - 2 posts
Keith and Liz we live in La Escha near Lorca Murcia - 1 posts
UK van & storage back working. 1st March in Scotland. - 0 posts
I'm frustrated by my inablity to learn Spanish - 52 posts
Ryanair to drop check in desks by end of year? - 8 posts
golf starter kits - bargain - 0 posts
buying a repossesion - 7 posts
NIE Application in Manchester - 3 posts
Football fans on the Costa Blanca - 0 posts
internet connection - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x