November 30th we are off ... Adios UK!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi all,

Well, the big day is only a week away!

Sunday November 30th Me, the Mrs. and the Dog will awake, drive down to Plymouth and take the Ferry to Santander and say 'Adios' to the UK.

Then Monday December 1st we shall arrive in Santander, have a leisurely drive down to the outskirts of Madrid and stop overnight in a Pet Friendly Hotel.

We shall then drive down from Madrid to Duquesa the following day and shall arrive early evening on Tuesday 2nd December at our new home.

Yes we will miss 'good ole blighty' and our families we leave behind, however we are looking forward to our new lives in Spain!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
22 Nov 2008 10:22 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

At last ! It seems such a long time coming for you - you must be so excited .  Have a great trip and let us know how you settle in to your new home.  Congratulations!

Jane

Like 0      
22 Nov 2008 10:29 AM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Plymouth - Santander end of Nov - take yer sea sick tablets.

Like 0      
22 Nov 2008 12:30 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Good luck to you both, we will be thinking of you and will catch up with you next time we come out. 

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
22 Nov 2008 2:46 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Best wishes to you both, I hope you settle into your new life as quickly as we did - it's a really exciting time for you, I hope you enjoy the new challenges.

Jacqui

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
22 Nov 2008 5:16 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Best wishes!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Nov 2008 5:35 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

TechNoApe, all the best to you and yours on your move!  Great stuff!

Just out of interest, when we drove from Paris to Duquesa, we stopped in Tembleque, just south of Madrid on the second night and can recommend it.  I'll dig out the details of the hotel, if you're interested (PM me).  It was reasonable, good food (dinner and breakfast), clean, and friendly.  We decided just to stop off on the trip from Paris when we were ready to eat and sleep and had a great trip!

Like 0      
22 Nov 2008 5:36 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

How exciting for you all now the day is almost here.

Good luck and have a safe trip.

I can't wait for your posts letting us all know how you get on over the next weeks and months.

Tener un buen viaje!!

Like 0      
22 Nov 2008 5:39 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Techoape,

We will see you down there in about a month time. Have a nice journey

Ana

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
22 Nov 2008 6:11 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

All the best for your new life in the sun! Don't forget your English - Spanish phrase book, but don't worry about packing a calculator - by the time you get here, the conversion will be easy: 1 = 1

Have a safe trip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
22 Nov 2008 6:20 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Roberto,

I agree with you. Calculators are not needed at all when moving to Spain now.

Ana

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
22 Nov 2008 6:57 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Good luck, hope all goes well and the journey.  You are going the right time weather wise, but have to agree about the calculator but we have to try and keep positive, although a bit hard sometimes.   Take care Pat 

Like 0      
22 Nov 2008 8:14 PM by trishamaguire Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Congratulations!  Luck blighters. 

Like 0      
22 Nov 2008 9:05 PM by wanderers01 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

just going off the subject slightly,

A question for trishamaguire.

Do you originate from the north west ?

Like 0      
22 Nov 2008 10:08 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Yes, terrific weather waiting for you. Took a stroll along the beach this afternoon and there were plenty of people sunbathing. Off in the distance we could see the snow-capped Sierra Nevada - wonderful! Must take a drive up there soon to dip my toes in the snow!

Wanderers01, North West as in .....Bolton, perhaps?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
23 Nov 2008 12:04 AM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi great news about your move wish it was me good luck bye irene

Like 0      
23 Nov 2008 8:18 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Technoape, the Mrs and the dog!!

The big move eh?

A bit scary I bet, but very exciting............. and long awaited

I wish you and your Mrs and dog all the very best.

Have a safe journey and we want to see you back on EOS with all the news on your trip.

Have you got your snow chains for the Pyranees?!!

Kindest regards, as always,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
23 Nov 2008 10:46 AM by eilben Star rating in Chesterfield/Santiag.... 101 posts Send private message

Hi Technoape, the Mrs & the Dog,

Hope the trip goes well. You are going at a great time of year (despite the possibility of snow on high ground!!) lots of festivities to get involved in in your new home town.

I do wish it was us moving out there (have to put up with regular visits at the moment)

Hope you have a great life.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2008 11:13 AM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

well technoape Only a week to go, I bet with the chill here you can't wait. Best of luck to you all, I'm sure you will settle in no time at all. I'm only down the road from where you are going, so maybe we'll bump into each other sometime when we're over.

Bob

Like 0      
23 Nov 2008 12:44 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Techno

Good luck and safe trip, the only cold stuff you want from now on is a cold one   Take care and let us know how you get on.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Problems paying your mortgage? - 7 posts
Ryanair £0 Edinburgh to Alicante - 0 posts
La Raset C/Bellavista Denia - 0 posts
Xmas is coming, anyone have any dates for what is happening in costa blanca, post here - 0 posts
Renault Express Combi For Sale... - 2 posts
Don’t let them fool you… Yet again! ... The case of “Costaluzlawyers DOT COM” - 1 posts
House insurance - 0 posts
wealth tax on property only owed for six months - 1 posts
Estate agents - 5 posts
Monte Cala, Costa Blanca Propery - 0 posts
La Caixa Mortgage Problems - 20 posts
Pueblos Abandonados - 2 posts
Watch out, watch out, the Control is about - 0 posts
Reporting lawyer to colegio de abogados? - 10 posts
Voting rights of the developer? - 6 posts
New fee to be levied by car hire companies - 2 posts
Lollypup - 4 posts
Poems to have Flu by.................For Maria - 3 posts
Roquefort Sauce - 10 posts
Can an autonimo recieve social security? - 7 posts
Hi I'm Baxter - 0 posts
Legal English language Television in Spain - 0 posts
Getting on the internet - 2 posts
Arcos and Sunset Boys Tim and Duncan - 0 posts
Anyone heard of or used - lowratespanishmortgages - 37 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 49

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x