Don’t let them fool you… Yet again! ... The case of “Costaluzlawyers DOT COM”

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by SSchaffer Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Removed under threat of legal action **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 11/24/2008.

Like 0      
21 Nov 2008 7:24 PM by headless Star rating in Gandia. 40 posts Send private message

headless´s avatar

Hi Steven, You certainly have a right to be angry...at yourself! To have a business that might deal with English speaking peeps, and yet NOT buy the ".com" when you were buying the ".es", reeks of a shortsightedness and/or an incredible cheapness, as a URL goes for around $7 per/year.

Having said that (and harshly), I do understand your basic problem: they want to be connected with you, but you don't wish the reverse. Because they are using your good name to gain type-in traffic through a parked domain (ie no constructed website) you might have good cause to appeal their ownership....but it still might need some funds to change hands. Of course you could buy every variable of their URL, and point all to your site...but unfortunately most peeps type in ".com". Plus you want distance from them.

Personally I would work on your "brand". Both Google and Yahoo have various tools by which you can find the most popular searches performed over whatever period of time. Type into these tools search terms with which you think peeps are using to find you. So..."spanish property lawyer" might have been searched for 1000 times last month. So buy a URL with those words in it! Make a blog out of it. Cover it in lots of pretty banners pointing to your REAL site. Optimise the site for search engines with keywords, tags etc.  Rinse and Repeat. Link all together. And within a short  time you'll have a nice traffic network. Once peeps hit your site, make sure you encourage them to bookmark/add to favourites. And most important of all, don't get mad....get even!

PS Thankyou for the great job you do on this site. People like you really do make a difference. You have calmed many a nerve!

PPS I understand that Justin is doing SEO work...so I'll not tread on his tippy toes any more. Whenever I read of him here, he's either shopping, crashing his car, eating or motor racing. So I'm sure he could do with a real job!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

House insurance - 0 posts
wealth tax on property only owed for six months - 1 posts
Estate agents - 5 posts
Monte Cala, Costa Blanca Propery - 0 posts
La Caixa Mortgage Problems - 20 posts
Pueblos Abandonados - 2 posts
Watch out, watch out, the Control is about - 0 posts
Reporting lawyer to colegio de abogados? - 10 posts
Voting rights of the developer? - 6 posts
New fee to be levied by car hire companies - 2 posts
Lollypup - 4 posts
Poems to have Flu by.................For Maria - 3 posts
Roquefort Sauce - 10 posts
Can an autonimo recieve social security? - 7 posts
Hi I'm Baxter - 0 posts
Legal English language Television in Spain - 0 posts
Getting on the internet - 2 posts
Arcos and Sunset Boys Tim and Duncan - 0 posts
Anyone heard of or used - lowratespanishmortgages - 37 posts
SKY+ BOX - "PLEASE WAIT" message on planner. - 10 posts
Ryanair to Close Fuerteventura Routes From January ’09 - 0 posts
ANYONE NEED ITEMS SHIPPING TO AND FROM UK - 3 posts
ANYONE NEED SOMETHING SHIPPING TO OR FROM SPAIN??? - 4 posts
Golf around La Cala de Mijas - 2 posts
Villas Toboso Alcaucin - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x