Can an autonimo recieve social security?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by Baxter Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

I would very much like to find this out as I understand the law has changed but there is a time limit,does anyone know what this is?

Baxter

Like 0      
21 Nov 2008 9:55 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

hi Baxter,

Don't know if Poohbear can help you?

Read this post from him/her:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/ForumPostsDesc.aspx?thread=6183&dev=fb13&name=Working%20in%20Spain

Seems to know a lot about employment and stuff.

Good luck!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
21 Nov 2008 10:25 AM by Baxter Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thanks I will send a message, Baxter

Like 0      
21 Nov 2008 5:56 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

A neighbour of mine has paid autonomo contributions for 17 years, and has now stopped. He was told he is not entitled to any "paro" (dole) for 12 months, after which, if he is still not working, he may receive some benefits, but not sure how much or for how long.

Furthermore, he found after 3 months his health care entitlement was cancelled. I know of this happening to others as well. There seems to be a big grey area on this particular subject. The "rules" on such things seem to vary from one region of Spain to another. It would be good to know what the real situation is. Personally, I don't believe that a Spaniard who has worked for years, and is made redundant, would lose their health care entitlement, so by the same token, it would surely be unfair, to say the least, if a self employed person had to wind down their business due to circumstances beyond their control, and lose this entitlement. In all the cases I've heard, the person involved has been a non-Spanish, EU citizen permanently resident in Spain. Could it be one rule for them, another for us? I hope not.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
21 Nov 2008 7:00 PM by Baxter Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thanks roberto,

I find it hard to believe that the entitlement to health care would stop at all,but being that it's Spain

anything could happen !! I do think that this would be against european Rules though.

Baxter.

Like 0      
27 Nov 2008 3:00 PM by flog-it Star rating in Campo de Ricote, Mur.... 125 posts Send private message

flog-it´s avatar

Well just to throw into the hat what an English person living here in Catalunya for over 30 years has told me. Once you are in the health system you stay in the system no matter what happens, and all your children, spouse etc also stay in. Subject to age of children of course.

Like 0      
27 Nov 2008 3:38 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Autonomo is a special regime of our Social Security System.

You can find full information in English here: http://www.seg-social.es/Internet_6/Trabajadores/Afiliacion/RegimenesQuieneslos10548/RegimenEspecialdeTr32825/index.htm?ssUserText=

Hope this clarifies!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
27 Nov 2008 3:42 PM by Baxter Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thank you Maria, Baxter

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi I'm Baxter - 0 posts
Legal English language Television in Spain - 0 posts
Getting on the internet - 2 posts
Arcos and Sunset Boys Tim and Duncan - 0 posts
Anyone heard of or used - lowratespanishmortgages - 37 posts
SKY+ BOX - "PLEASE WAIT" message on planner. - 10 posts
Ryanair to Close Fuerteventura Routes From January ’09 - 0 posts
ANYONE NEED ITEMS SHIPPING TO AND FROM UK - 3 posts
ANYONE NEED SOMETHING SHIPPING TO OR FROM SPAIN??? - 4 posts
Golf around La Cala de Mijas - 2 posts
Villas Toboso Alcaucin - 3 posts
First time on EOS - 10 posts
Long Term Rental Property Required - Costa Calida/Blanca/Mar Menor area - 5 posts
Question for Maria - 10 posts
Looking for advice/recommendations - 9 posts
Reasons to move to Spain - 55 posts
Completing on Polaris Property @ Condado de Alhama next Week - 13 posts
Mexican Restaurant in Benimar - 5 posts
Experienced Chef Required - 0 posts
Spanish TDT tv. - 5 posts
Looking for Sales Agents for Canvas Printing Company - 0 posts
car wanted - 2 posts
Rental management software - 0 posts
FIVE on FREESAT - 0 posts
HONDA GENERATOR GX270, petrol, 5KVA - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x