New fee to be levied by car hire companies

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

The current broker I use to hire my cars in Spain sent the following email (I imagine a few others will have received it too):

From 8th December anyone booking a car with the major rental companies ie Goldcar, Solmar, Centauro, Aurigacrown etc. will all be applying a €20 Euro charge (paid locally) for picking cars up from the airport. They have informed us that this is:

"Due to the difficult economic situation, we all are suffering from in general, combined with the fact that the car rental industry is forced by a continuous “price war” to reduce their rental rates again and again, we now, unfortunately, have reached a level, which obliges us to charge certain costs directly to the client, as we cannot longer afford to support these costs by our own by including them in the rental prices" (Aurigacrown)

This does not affect any bookings already made or any bookings reserved before the 8th December, so if you reserve your cars with us through Goldcar or Aurigacrown please book as soon as possible to avoid these airport charges.

I would imagine this affects all rental copanies and agencies the same. I don't know, they have the cheek to overcharge for petrol, now they want to charge you for collecting your vehicle!! What next, a charge if you insist on driving yourself???

Mark

Like 0      
20 Nov 2008 6:37 PM by sunnymim Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Yet another car hire scam!!.

Like 0      
20 Nov 2008 8:11 PM by harley Star rating in West Midlands/ Costa.... 67 posts Send private message

harley´s avatar

This is the responce I received from the same company today,

I can assure you we would not send this out without it being the case, all the major local companies ie Aurigacrown, Goldcar, Solmar Record etc. will all be putting this in place from 8th December, I have been told this by the Director of Goldcar. If companies are denying it I am noot sure why but this is the case at the moment, wether some companies break this agreement I am not sure and how long it will last I am not sure but this is what we have been told. Fortunately Econorent will definitely not be doing this.

Many thanks

Harley

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Lollypup - 4 posts
Poems to have Flu by.................For Maria - 3 posts
Roquefort Sauce - 10 posts
Can an autonimo recieve social security? - 7 posts
Hi I'm Baxter - 0 posts
Legal English language Television in Spain - 0 posts
Getting on the internet - 2 posts
Arcos and Sunset Boys Tim and Duncan - 0 posts
Anyone heard of or used - lowratespanishmortgages - 37 posts
SKY+ BOX - "PLEASE WAIT" message on planner. - 10 posts
Ryanair to Close Fuerteventura Routes From January ’09 - 0 posts
ANYONE NEED ITEMS SHIPPING TO AND FROM UK - 3 posts
ANYONE NEED SOMETHING SHIPPING TO OR FROM SPAIN??? - 4 posts
Golf around La Cala de Mijas - 2 posts
Villas Toboso Alcaucin - 3 posts
First time on EOS - 10 posts
Long Term Rental Property Required - Costa Calida/Blanca/Mar Menor area - 5 posts
Question for Maria - 10 posts
Looking for advice/recommendations - 9 posts
Reasons to move to Spain - 55 posts
Completing on Polaris Property @ Condado de Alhama next Week - 13 posts
Mexican Restaurant in Benimar - 5 posts
Experienced Chef Required - 0 posts
Spanish TDT tv. - 5 posts
Looking for Sales Agents for Canvas Printing Company - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x