Reporting lawyer to colegio de abogados?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by Unhappydayz Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Does anybody know the procedure for reporting a solicitor to the colegio de abogados? I have been on the website but don't get very far.  Has anybody actually reported a solicitor? What was your experience and outcome? Thanks, Paul

Like 0      
20 Nov 2008 9:36 PM by alamred Star rating. 242 posts Send private message

21 Nov 2008 12:00 PM by bagpuss Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Hello Paul,I to am trying to put our Lawyers in Spain (A/Advisors),who were absolute rubbish,could not explain what first 625E fee to them,was used for.Now that we want to get our money back,(broken contract with Huma)They just keep asking for another 500E,and they need it URGENTLY!! Needless to say we have not paid any more money,to finance Aldea Advisors Christmas Party!! Best regards Bagpuss.

Like 0      
21 Nov 2008 12:58 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

It is not useless and it needs to be done, as in any proffession.

As in any proffession, you will find a bit of corporativism... but

Are we going to stay abused?

Bar Associations have provintial jurisdictions.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
21 Nov 2008 1:48 PM by brindang Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

So....... to my original question - how does one report a solicitor to the colegio de abogados?  Thanks

Like 0      
21 Nov 2008 6:32 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Where in Spain are your lawyers based?

As Maria has said, each region/province has it's own 'Collegio' and it is to them you should send your complaint.

If you state where they are situated then someone may be able to give you the address you should write to.

Like 0      
21 Nov 2008 11:15 PM by Unhappydayz Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

I have been told by a lawyer to report our EX solicitor to Colegio de abogados "Alicante".  I have been on the website but do not know where to go from there.  Is it best to write to them?

Like 0      
22 Nov 2008 8:50 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Yes, send an email for the Decano ( Dean) to : colegio@icali.es

Let´s see what happens

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
07 Dec 2008 10:12 PM by Suzie Star rating in England. 121 posts Send private message

Just to add that any complaint to the Colegio has to be made in Spanish.  Many of us have done this about our original lawyers (myself included), but I haven't heard from one person who has had their complaint addressed - let alone acknowledged.

Alongside Our Petition a 'Lawyer Complaints Document' is being compiled, and anyone who wishes to add to it is very welcome.  Please take a moment to sign Our Petition at the same time.  This will be handed to the Prime Minister at No. 10 in the New Year; he is already aware of this.  The more signatures we have, the better.  Many thanks & regards, Suzanne

www.spanishpropertyscandalpetition.co.uk

Like 0      
09 Dec 2008 8:34 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Our complaint to the Collegio was both acknowledged and addressed with the help of our (new) Lawyer.

Like 0      
10 Dec 2008 6:19 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Good for your lawyer.. We are very oftenly just too afraid of cleaning the practise. And it is needed in some cases.

Need to add for the benefit of many good lawyers... that there are very excellent proffessionals among us too.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Voting rights of the developer? - 6 posts
New fee to be levied by car hire companies - 2 posts
Lollypup - 4 posts
Poems to have Flu by.................For Maria - 3 posts
Roquefort Sauce - 10 posts
Can an autonimo recieve social security? - 7 posts
Hi I'm Baxter - 0 posts
Legal English language Television in Spain - 0 posts
Getting on the internet - 2 posts
Arcos and Sunset Boys Tim and Duncan - 0 posts
Anyone heard of or used - lowratespanishmortgages - 37 posts
SKY+ BOX - "PLEASE WAIT" message on planner. - 10 posts
Ryanair to Close Fuerteventura Routes From January ’09 - 0 posts
ANYONE NEED ITEMS SHIPPING TO AND FROM UK - 3 posts
ANYONE NEED SOMETHING SHIPPING TO OR FROM SPAIN??? - 4 posts
Golf around La Cala de Mijas - 2 posts
Villas Toboso Alcaucin - 3 posts
First time on EOS - 10 posts
Long Term Rental Property Required - Costa Calida/Blanca/Mar Menor area - 5 posts
Question for Maria - 10 posts
Looking for advice/recommendations - 9 posts
Reasons to move to Spain - 55 posts
Completing on Polaris Property @ Condado de Alhama next Week - 13 posts
Mexican Restaurant in Benimar - 5 posts
Experienced Chef Required - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x