Alicante Car Hire

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Nov 2016 11:46 PM by mikelorna Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Hello What is the best way to hire a car at Alicante airport and who with? also the insurance add ons look like

a mine field  where  can i get common sense on this please . 

Mikie CD

A

Like 0      
30 Nov 2016 6:48 AM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Looking at other posts on here Dickmanns seem to be one to avoid at all costs, don't really know about others at Alicante.

Like 0      
30 Nov 2016 8:06 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

There seems to be lots of postings on EOS about bum car hirers, but not much on the alternative.  For many years we hired regularly from Centauro and found them excellent.  But they increased their rates along with the rest of the market in 2010 or so and we had to re-think.  

We bought a cheap car on the basis that if lasted 12 months it would be a saving on hiring.  Then we discovered the "drop off" car people who provide an excellent service who make owning your own motor a whole lot simpler.  We've sinced replaced the old banger with something more reliable and use Seguro Parking who charge €299 for a year.  For that they meet you at the agreed time at the departures entrance and take your car, store it, clean it and return it when you wish.  You literally walk through the door off the plane and pick up the keys from the guy waiting for you.  Magic - I hate queuing at car hire desks anyway.

Seguro operate from Alicante, Murcia, Valencia & Almeria and there are a few others providing a similar service.

I reckon if you're in Spain for more than a few weeks a year this is the better option.

Like 1      
30 Nov 2016 6:48 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

I have used Centauro at Murcia airport for the last 5 years. Never had any problems with them, they don't even bother checking the car when I take it back. Never had my insurance deposit held, or any transactions on  my credit card, and since they started doing full - full they have always refunded for the amount of fuel left in the tank. Lots of people complain about the price and the add-ons in Spain, but if you compare the price with renting in the UK its far cheaper.

Never used Centauro at Alicante but they might be as good.

Like 1      
01 Dec 2016 9:26 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Alicante and other locations have been exactly the same in my experience.   I think the company culture of Centauro is simply better than most.  They still try to flog you the extras that you invariably don't want, like the damage waiver insurance, but for me they are a highly professional company that I trust, well up to a point.

Like 0      
02 Dec 2016 8:45 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I think you will find that Centoro /Economy car hire have either change their name or gone out of business ,I used them on a regular basis and stop basically because they got far to expensive, l have been using Do you Spain car hire for a number of years they are not a car hire company they are a car hire brokers that represent the majority of the car hire companies.

But please take note don't bother with the Excess Insurance they try  selling you ,go on the net and buy a yearly car hire insurance fully Comp excess policy for around £50.00 it cover's you for multiple trip's.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 02/12/2016.

Like 0      
03 Dec 2016 11:52 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Centauro are still alive and kicking - https://www.centauro.net/en/

It's funny you mention "Do you Spain" I tried them for relatives is the summer.  Their website suggested a cracking deal, which I accepted, but having then filled in their online form with all the personal details I got the message "no vehicles at this price" - not at all impressed!

Out of principle I would never use a company that dangles a carrott thinking that once they've hooked you they can change the deal.

So I recommended Centauro, who I've found to be efficient, reliable, trustworthy and well priced.

Like 0      
03 Dec 2016 1:16 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Economy car hire are still trading they are now known as Zest

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Europa Energy - 0 posts
Eye lasering - 7 posts
BBQ 30th November - 0 posts
fine - 3 posts
Community Water - 12 posts
Re Registering Car Witn No NIE - 8 posts
New here! - 4 posts
English folk music club. - 2 posts
making an off - 28 posts
TV set top box - 7 posts
Today's daft question! - 10 posts
Bilbao parking ticket/fine! - 1 posts
Zenmate - 2 posts
Sunday Opening - 4 posts
The thin edge of the wedge - 3 posts
Spanish Justice ?? where is it ? -- take care when buying a property with contracts and Spanish Law - 5 posts
Wayne Stoneman - Missing Person - 2 posts
jonter - 3 posts
Deposit Refund - 8 posts
Accomodation - 0 posts
Conveyancing and errors in Bank Guarantees - 5 posts
thinking of buying motorcycle for use in spain - 10 posts
Are there many people paying mortgages loan for illegal properties? - 2 posts
Tax on property owned outside Spain - 8 posts
Threads keep vanishing ? - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x