Today's daft question!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Nov 2016 8:28 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

As we passed a convoy of unlettered shiny road tankers on the A7 yesterday, my wife asked a question and, as I could not answer it, I thought I would run it past our esteemed EOS colleagues.

The UK has millions of acres of lush green grass, grazed by millions of cows, yet a large percentage of the milk consumed there is imported from elsewhere in Europe.

Where does the bulk of the milk consumed in Spain come from? It can't be from the very fwe cows you see here?

Steve

Steve.

Like 0      
22 Nov 2016 9:04 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Cows as far as the eye can see in parts of northern Spain.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2016 12:38 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Where does the bulk of the milk consumed in Spain come from

Mercadona, Supersol and Lidl laugh

Like 0      
23 Nov 2016 9:04 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

From the EU Milk Lake District.   In the valleys of the EU Butter Mountain Region.    

Best wishes, Brian

Like 1      
23 Nov 2016 3:08 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

Butter comesfrom Asturia so I imagine most milk comes from the North

Like 0      
23 Nov 2016 3:28 PM by Fartharder Star rating in Loriguilla.. 172 posts Send private message

Fartharder´s avatar

Much of the milk we consume in Spain comes from The North, mainly the regions of Asturias and Cantabria. If you go there (and you should, it's beautiful) you'll see many cows grazing in the fields. 

One thing I don't understand is why the Spanish continue to drink UHT milk despite everybody owning a fridge these days. You'd think the Spanish of all people would understand that fresh is better.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2016 5:57 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Thanks for the info, peeps - another mystery solved!

I fully agree, Fh - can't be doing with UHT myself, either.

Team GB - you forgot about HiperBer and Consum!

Steve

Steve.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2016 8:19 PM by Weescottie Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

Why does the milk in Spain, long life and fresh taste sweeter than Scottish milk??

Like 0      
24 Nov 2016 8:18 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Life in general is sweeter in Spain than in Scotland?

Seriously, tho, it may be due to the fact that a lot of Scottish pasture land is tainted by the droppings of the endemic wild haggis, which have multiplied since the ban on haggis hunting which was imposed in the eighties.

Steve

Steve.

Like 2      
24 Nov 2016 10:53 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

it's not sweeter....its got a stronger taste like goats milk. Mercadonna is stronger than Eroski milk. Also it's creamier, even the semi leche

Like 0      
29 Nov 2016 11:50 PM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

uht milk has  tasted a hell of a lot better than in the old stera time, I think it's called progress.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bilbao parking ticket/fine! - 1 posts
Zenmate - 2 posts
Sunday Opening - 4 posts
The thin edge of the wedge - 3 posts
Spanish Justice ?? where is it ? -- take care when buying a property with contracts and Spanish Law - 5 posts
Wayne Stoneman - Missing Person - 2 posts
jonter - 3 posts
Deposit Refund - 8 posts
Accomodation - 0 posts
Conveyancing and errors in Bank Guarantees - 5 posts
thinking of buying motorcycle for use in spain - 10 posts
Are there many people paying mortgages loan for illegal properties? - 2 posts
Tax on property owned outside Spain - 8 posts
Threads keep vanishing ? - 8 posts
Mobile phones - 4 posts
Gas Conversion - 2 posts
Moving to Spain - 4 posts
Organizations/Social Groups/Clubs in Xabia/Javea for 30 year olds. - 5 posts
short changed from ATM machine - 8 posts
Christmas day Santiago De La Ribera/San Javier - 0 posts
3 bed accommodation sought - 3 posts
FIFA Bans Poppy - 8 posts
Shower screens/enclosures - 6 posts
Equestrian rental - 1 posts
Tax implications of owning two properties, one in UK, the other in Spain? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x