Sunday Opening

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Nov 2016 7:43 AM by nicechap Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

So the shopping centres are going to open on Sundays this is a Disastrous Decision for Alicante this will destroy the way life is now, these companys that fight for this are only interested in Profit,  in the UK were this happen the result was not good, the day that familys get together will disappear for ever it will become just another week day the traffic will be worse than any week day and life will never be the same some people that work in these places will forced to work which is not right, they say its a tourist zone and so it is but what has that got to do with shops opening on a Sunday you cant tell me that tourist need to do there shopping on a Sunday they have  far better things to do in Alicante than go shopping. IF YOU GET THE CHANCE TO VOTE ON THIS SAY NO you will be gald you did, it distroyed Sundays in the UK

Like 0      
22 Nov 2016 1:51 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Sunday opening is great and many familes enjoy spend time together shopping.

Going shopping on a Sunday is a choice which is great

Who has the right to dictate what days families can or should spend togehther

Working on a Sunday again a choice for many - nobody is forced to work just like another day really it is a choice. Soemtiem sitis ana added bonus for a family when one parent can go out twork and bring extra income without having to get childacre and both parenst wokr Mon  to Sat

If employers take advantage and abuse staff may be a probelm but we have enough employment protection laws that they have to abide by

Sunday is NOT special, never has ben just another day and it never destroyed my way of life or my Sunday in the UK in fact it made it better and my weekends more flexible

Like 2      
22 Nov 2016 2:06 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Alicante lost a lot of trade by both refusing to open in the afternoons and Sundays so the cruise ships said they wouldn't stop there. Anyone from a ship visiting for the day doesn't want to walk around a place where everything is shut.

Torrevieja was declared a tourist area some time ago and the big shopping malls (Carrefour/Habaneras and Zenia Boulevard) now open every day. It doesn't mean the other shops do and most of them still close in the afternoons and from lunchtime on Saturday. It gives the choice although I can see some people thinking this is eroding a tradition. It started off in UK with attitudes like that but is now seen as a normal thing. 

Like 1      
22 Nov 2016 5:22 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

So the shopping centres are going to open on Sundays this is a Disastrous Decision for Alicante this will destroy the way life is now, these companys that fight for this are only interested in Profit,  in the UK were this happen the result was not good, the day that familys get together will disappear for ever it will become just another week day the traffic will be worse than any week day and life will never be the same some people that work in these places will forced to work which is not right, they say its a tourist zone and so it is but what has that got to do with shops opening on a Sunday you cant tell me that tourist need to do there shopping on a Sunday they have  far better things to do in Alicante than go shopping. IF YOU GET THE CHANCE TO VOTE ON THIS SAY NO you will be gald you did, it distroyed Sundays in the UK

Business sense, something which judging by your post you don't have, the way life is now for Alicante is when a person want's / needs something on a Sunday they cant buy it.

Of course companies are thinking profit, which in turn gives people a higher living standard if they choose to work on this day and get extra pay, if you don't make a profit you don't supply the service.

Families don't get together for every hour of a Sunday, many go different ways, but should the shops be open then they have the choice to shop as a family unit.

It always has been just another week day, with a different name.

Balance the road traffic out, no work lorries, no workers in cars, no delivery vans, just people spending money.

No one will be 'Forced' to work, we all have come past that one.

It's a tourist zone, tourists have spending money,  hopefully they spend it in Alicante.

My hot water pipe burst on a Sunday, I swore at it,' Why the F*** couldn't you wait until Monday, you know its Sunday and I can't buy any bits to repair you.

The week days destroy me in the UK, I have to work, Sundays I can shop (If I want to) I can have time of (If I want to)  and / or spend time with my family....If I want to.

Like 3      
26 Nov 2016 10:09 AM by Woodbug Star rating. 371 posts Send private message

Sunday closing and siesta time is archaic and hopefully by allowing freedom of choice, Spain will drag itself into the 21st century. Who knows – we may be able to deal with government matters on line soon instead of taking a day or more tramping round different offices collecting a series of rubber stamps to obtain a simple document.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

The thin edge of the wedge - 3 posts
Spanish Justice ?? where is it ? -- take care when buying a property with contracts and Spanish Law - 5 posts
Wayne Stoneman - Missing Person - 2 posts
jonter - 3 posts
Deposit Refund - 8 posts
Accomodation - 0 posts
Conveyancing and errors in Bank Guarantees - 5 posts
thinking of buying motorcycle for use in spain - 10 posts
Are there many people paying mortgages loan for illegal properties? - 2 posts
Tax on property owned outside Spain - 8 posts
Threads keep vanishing ? - 8 posts
Mobile phones - 4 posts
Gas Conversion - 2 posts
Moving to Spain - 4 posts
Organizations/Social Groups/Clubs in Xabia/Javea for 30 year olds. - 5 posts
short changed from ATM machine - 8 posts
Christmas day Santiago De La Ribera/San Javier - 0 posts
3 bed accommodation sought - 3 posts
FIFA Bans Poppy - 8 posts
Shower screens/enclosures - 6 posts
Equestrian rental - 1 posts
Tax implications of owning two properties, one in UK, the other in Spain? - 2 posts
Property Sales Warning - 0 posts
Hello - 2 posts
Form 210 in English, and with instrutions - 54 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x