The thin edge of the wedge

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Nov 2016 7:09 AM by nicechap Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

How many of you have read that the Alicante Ayuntamiento  are going to install 140 cameras in and around the city, now I dont know how many of you were in London when this happend there, I was there we were given all the old rubbish reasons for them being put up and they were all lies and Mayor Gabriel Echavarri is useing the same reasons so we know that its all lies,he says its for security and surveillance and monitoring traffic he also says it will IMPROVE TOURISM how instaling 140 traffic cameras will improve tourism I fail to see, its all RUBBISH HOGWASH they are there to generate MONEY the same as they did in the UK  Alicante does not have a traffic problem, drivers have no ider how this is going to effect them and business will suffer as well. At the time I was there one camera cost was 30,000 pounds now a badly sited one would pay for itself in 3 months and a well place on would pay for itself in less than a month, there are cameras in the UK that generate over  a millon pounds a year, this is just the start once this is up and running then there will be the expanion to the system followd by cameras covering Bus lanes,traffic lights, yellow boxes finaly ending up with the Congestion Charge, trust me I was there and have seen it all before

Like 0      
22 Nov 2016 8:59 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

nicechap

I get your point about money raising and the question is where will the money go? If the money is put back into the system to improve safety, roads etc. then no problem

If cameras make a place safer and catches wrong doers then again no problem

Like 0      
22 Nov 2016 9:18 AM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Read this (link), then decide whether or not the reasons for installing cameras in Alicante is justified.

http://n332.es/2016/08/31/alicante-road-safety-figures-worsen/

Like 0      
22 Nov 2016 9:27 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

If like me your drive through Alicante on a regular basis you would say yes great idea, especially if it helps with the maniacs on motor scooters

As I alsways say if you are not breaking the law then why should you be worried, if they introduce a congestion charge I will have to pay but if it means I can park, great

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish Justice ?? where is it ? -- take care when buying a property with contracts and Spanish Law - 5 posts
Wayne Stoneman - Missing Person - 2 posts
jonter - 3 posts
Deposit Refund - 8 posts
Accomodation - 0 posts
Conveyancing and errors in Bank Guarantees - 5 posts
thinking of buying motorcycle for use in spain - 10 posts
Are there many people paying mortgages loan for illegal properties? - 2 posts
Tax on property owned outside Spain - 8 posts
Threads keep vanishing ? - 8 posts
Mobile phones - 4 posts
Gas Conversion - 2 posts
Moving to Spain - 4 posts
Organizations/Social Groups/Clubs in Xabia/Javea for 30 year olds. - 5 posts
short changed from ATM machine - 8 posts
Christmas day Santiago De La Ribera/San Javier - 0 posts
3 bed accommodation sought - 3 posts
FIFA Bans Poppy - 8 posts
Shower screens/enclosures - 6 posts
Equestrian rental - 1 posts
Tax implications of owning two properties, one in UK, the other in Spain? - 2 posts
Property Sales Warning - 0 posts
Hello - 2 posts
Form 210 in English, and with instrutions - 54 posts
Taking the plunge - Moving to Spain - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x