Re Registering Car Witn No NIE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Nov 2016 2:05 PM by Pebteerab Star rating in Algorfa . 3 posts Send private message

Hi 

Can you you Re register a Spanish plated car into a new name if you don't have copies of NIE or Passport( I have previous owners name, address & NIE number). Mist of the older posts have said No, how every a few have said yes but it a long task. If it possible can anyone recommend a company that can deal with all the paperwork please.

Like 0      
25 Nov 2016 4:10 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

You cannot register a car in Spain without an NIE. No doubt somebody like Tony down the pub will refute this (although what would he know, he's never driven a car legally anywhere as far as I know!) but that is my firm belief. 

Tráfico's website gives clear instructions on the transfer of a car ownership here. Scroll down and there's a couple of documents in English - one for sellers to notify Tráfico of a sale and another for buyers. Both stipulate quite clearly that a Spanish ID number is required for the buyer.

Any gestor can handle the transfer process for you. If you update your profile to show your location, someone may be able to recommend one for you.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
25 Nov 2016 6:42 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

I could not register mine even with an NIE when they found my birthdate was wrong!

Like 0      
26 Nov 2016 2:00 PM by Pebteerab Star rating in Algorfa . 3 posts Send private message

Thank you for the replies

Like 0      
26 Nov 2016 2:55 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

In some areas you need both and NIE and a current Padron to register a car, certainly in Alicante area as they want prooof of ACTUAL address

Like 0      
26 Nov 2016 3:03 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Absolutely no doubt that sometimes it's asked for, although I believe if it is, it's just an ignorant funcionario being awkward. There is no suggestion that it is required in the official documentation (see my previous link), only something accrediting your address - that would include a rental contract, a utility bill etc., it doesn't have to be a padrón certificate. If you are not registered as a foreign resident, the town hall should not be issuing a padrón certificate - which means some non-resident holiday home owners experience problems registering a car for use when in Spain. Classic example of Spanish bureaucracy enjoying the view up it's own backside cheeky  

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Nov 2016 1:13 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Not sure if its is the same everywhere but everytime I have bought either a new or 2nd hand car here in the Alicante region they have insisited that I produce an updated Padron and I have bought a few, most recent one 6 weeks ago

Like 0      
27 Nov 2016 1:46 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Just sums up Spain

I've bought and sold 5 or six cars both used and and brand new and have never been asked for a padron on the Costa del Sol

Like 0      
27 Nov 2016 1:57 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I'll bet a Spaniard is never asked for one

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New here! - 4 posts
English folk music club. - 2 posts
making an off - 28 posts
TV set top box - 7 posts
Today's daft question! - 10 posts
Bilbao parking ticket/fine! - 1 posts
Zenmate - 2 posts
Sunday Opening - 4 posts
The thin edge of the wedge - 3 posts
Spanish Justice ?? where is it ? -- take care when buying a property with contracts and Spanish Law - 5 posts
Wayne Stoneman - Missing Person - 2 posts
jonter - 3 posts
Deposit Refund - 8 posts
Accomodation - 0 posts
Conveyancing and errors in Bank Guarantees - 5 posts
thinking of buying motorcycle for use in spain - 10 posts
Are there many people paying mortgages loan for illegal properties? - 2 posts
Tax on property owned outside Spain - 8 posts
Threads keep vanishing ? - 8 posts
Mobile phones - 4 posts
Gas Conversion - 2 posts
Moving to Spain - 4 posts
Organizations/Social Groups/Clubs in Xabia/Javea for 30 year olds. - 5 posts
short changed from ATM machine - 8 posts
Christmas day Santiago De La Ribera/San Javier - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x