jonter

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Nov 2016 12:29 PM by jonter64 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

How can I access a list of reposessed properties from the banks ( For property in Lanzarote)? , can i visit one central site ? or would it be bank by bank ?  and can i deal direct with the banks rather than go thru the estate agents ?  

please advise regards   jonter

Like 0      
18 Nov 2016 12:39 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Almost certain there's no central register, so you will have to go bank to bank. Sabadell (Solbank) have a dedicated site, solvia.es, for example, and other banks have their own too. But personally I think you're wasting your time. Most of the banks' stock is at best overpriced, at worst utter rubbish anyway (which is why it belongs to the bank now and not a bankrupt developer who couldn't sell it at any price)

My advice: there are very few genuine bargains out there, don't be fooled by the media & constant mantra of "it's a buyer's market", and above all, forget about Spanish property as an investment.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 Nov 2016 1:04 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Sareb was the organisation formed in 2012 to deal with all the banks bad assets - they use Altamira, Servihabitat,Haya and Solva as commercial agents.

All the properties they are prepared to list are on idealista here

Very few good deals ever found their way to the public domain, I would of thought that was especially true on Lanzarote

Like 1      
20 Nov 2016 9:58 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Two years ago I was in negociations to buy a property being sold by Solvia.

The 'owner' was desperate to sell but the banks negociators kept stalling even though they had accepted my bid and I was keen to buy as soon as possible.

I believe the bank felt that there was no hurry and prices were likely to go up. In any case there was no further loss to them just less remaining for their client. They had no interest to sell as long as the original buyer had some equity left.

In the end I bought a similar property at the same price.

The moral of this story is that, if you cannot afford to continue to pay the mortgage, you should conclude a fire sale and accept your loss. Do not dump it on the bank.

If you are buying make your offer conditional on quick conclusion.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Deposit Refund - 8 posts
Accomodation - 0 posts
Conveyancing and errors in Bank Guarantees - 5 posts
thinking of buying motorcycle for use in spain - 10 posts
Are there many people paying mortgages loan for illegal properties? - 2 posts
Tax on property owned outside Spain - 8 posts
Threads keep vanishing ? - 8 posts
Mobile phones - 4 posts
Gas Conversion - 2 posts
Moving to Spain - 4 posts
Organizations/Social Groups/Clubs in Xabia/Javea for 30 year olds. - 5 posts
short changed from ATM machine - 8 posts
Christmas day Santiago De La Ribera/San Javier - 0 posts
3 bed accommodation sought - 3 posts
FIFA Bans Poppy - 8 posts
Shower screens/enclosures - 6 posts
Equestrian rental - 1 posts
Tax implications of owning two properties, one in UK, the other in Spain? - 2 posts
Property Sales Warning - 0 posts
Hello - 2 posts
Form 210 in English, and with instrutions - 54 posts
Taking the plunge - Moving to Spain - 13 posts
New members - 13 posts
Spanish official electronic certificate - 1 posts
The dangers of the new smart meters - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x