:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Mar 2009 10:53 AM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

" They bark because we run" 

Yes Maria, I do like it. 

After Justin's advice I have, so far today, received only 71. But it's early yet!

Like 0      
10 Mar 2009 12:06 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

My personal email address that I only give to friends and family contains and underscore instead of a hyphen or period.

I get very little spam and I have used the same email address for over six years.

I also have two hotmail addresses that I give out, one for companies that I want to use and the other for when I have sold stuff on eBay or in free ads. Both addresses are 'made up' and only mean something to me that you wouldn't normally associate with me.

Anyways, back to the site....

I have a long weekend off work and look what happens whilst I am away!

Justin is as always on top of things and he and his team got things sorted PDQ.

Still much to do with 'new' things..... So onwards and upwards Mac Duff.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
10 Mar 2009 6:31 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Not wanting to be a pain, but is anyone else not receiving email notifiacations? Obviously some people (probably most) are, just need to try and understand what has gone wrong with mine? Having tried two different addresses with 2 different providers, both without optional spam filtering, I am somewhat flummoxed .

Any news on why my threads won't stay subscribed either? Cookies are set the same as they were before the change/

Mark

Like 0      
10 Mar 2009 6:33 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Arrgh, got an error page when posting, hence the double post

This message was last edited by Marksfish on 3/10/2009.

Like 0      
11 Mar 2009 12:27 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Mark, not sure why it's not working for.  We'll take a proper look at it for you in the morning.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
11 Mar 2009 12:29 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Testing for error, please ignore....

UPDATE - Thread error corrected

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 3/11/2009.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
11 Mar 2009 9:17 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

I can still only log on by going through google

Like 0      
11 Mar 2009 10:02 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Tish

What do you mean you can't log on through Google?

Are you saying you can't click through from the search results or something??? 

Justin

Like 0      
12 Mar 2009 4:27 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

I have just popped in after a few weeks because of work getting in the way, ooooooooooh, not a big fan of change..........................looks nicer but where the bl*******y Hell has everything gone.......??!!!

Clicked on " be a sponsor of Eye on spain" and nada........

Justin, do you think you could do one site for the technically challenged like me( maybe with some crayons...!) and this version for people who can navigate their way around a website....?

Like 0      
12 Mar 2009 7:55 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Hi Justin,

For all of the years that I have been a member of EOS, I have put it into "favourites" and just clicked on the link to get in. Now if I do that, I get an error page.  I can get in via an email alert or by going to google and typing in www.eyeonspain.com.  The funny thing is I do not need to log in! Once in it recognises me.

This is what happens:

Error!

There has been an error in attempting to retrieve the page that you were looking for. Please either try again or email us  and tell us about this error and how it occured. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

This message was last edited by Tish on 3/12/2009.

This message was last edited by Tish on 3/12/2009.

Like 0      
12 Mar 2009 8:02 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Hi Tish,

I get this message when I access via my favourites, but I still just click on the community link at the top and everything works just fine. Have no idea why this happens but as long as it all works I don't really care! Or should I?

Regards, Poppyseed.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
12 Mar 2009 8:06 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Well, I've just added it again to favourites and it works fine now!

Like 0      
12 Mar 2009 8:12 PM by danseex Star rating in Los Naranjos J4 n253. 652 posts Send private message

danseex´s avatar

Still at a snail's pace here, everything taking an age to load.

Like 0      
15 Mar 2009 8:11 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

georgia, glad to see you back!  Hope you get used to the new site.  The sponsor button is working again

Tish, poppyseed, the link in your bookmarks is going to an old page that no longer exists. You need to change your bookmark to reflect the new community page.  I will see if we can make the old page redirect to the new page automatically.

danseex, is it still really slow for you?

Thanks

Justin

Like 0      
15 Mar 2009 9:38 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Justin

I like the new look, much more of a modern feeling but essentially the same.

It appears the 'Forum Rules' link in the top drop down menu is not working.

Steve

Like 0      
15 Mar 2009 1:50 PM by danseex Star rating in Los Naranjos J4 n253. 652 posts Send private message

danseex´s avatar

Justin it appears to be a lot quicker than it was, keep up the good work!

Dan

Like 0      
16 Mar 2009 3:09 PM by pumpkin Star rating in Essex & San Cayetano. 110 posts Send private message

pumpkin´s avatar

Can someone tell me how to access 'old' threads on the New Developments part of the site.  I can only access anything posted this year! 

Thanks!   

Like 0      
16 Mar 2009 3:12 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

pumpkin, you should see the page numbers so at the top and bottom of the posts to scroll though all the old ones.  Are they not there for you?

Justin

Like 0      
16 Mar 2009 3:45 PM by pumpkin Star rating in Essex & San Cayetano. 110 posts Send private message

pumpkin´s avatar

Justin, thanks for speed of response. Brain now engaged and 'old postings found!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Income Tax & Social Security - 7 posts
Transfering Regular Money to Spain - 4 posts
Spain: Who Is Responsible For The Property Bubble? - 3 posts
What's happened to Manilva Leisure ? - 9 posts
Wanted : Villa Rental - Mijas Costa - 0 posts
Snagging - 0 posts
Why oh why - 1 posts
Residents get together - 5 posts
Right Move International - 4 posts
Community Charges - 9 posts
Rose & Thistle - 0 posts
Saturday Feb 28th Andalucia Day... - 5 posts
Moving to spain - 6 posts
UK PLASMA TV IN SPAIN? - 2 posts
Iceland in Spain? - 43 posts
End of the Euro ?? Could it really happen - 3 posts
Does anyone know of a van with spare room coming from UK to Manilva Area in March 09 - 9 posts
Signature on documents - 2 posts
Keith and Liz we live in La Escha near Lorca Murcia - 1 posts
UK van & storage back working. 1st March in Scotland. - 0 posts
I'm frustrated by my inablity to learn Spanish - 52 posts
Ryanair to drop check in desks by end of year? - 8 posts
golf starter kits - bargain - 0 posts
buying a repossesion - 7 posts
NIE Application in Manchester - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 139

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x