Residents get together

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

I thought this may be of interest to E.O.S members as on the BBC news lunchtime news today :-news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7908076.stm

It took a couple of goes to get it to load so you may have to persevere.

What do members think?

Bob

Gt.Yarmouth

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 9:08 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I notice that they picked one of the rainest days. I guess it wouldn't have made the same impact if the sun was shining brightly.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 9:11 PM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

Must have been Eva and the Flameco dancers bought the rain on LoL.

Bob

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 11:09 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Good old Auntie...

Trotting out the same old news on what was obviously a slow day for proper news...

Nearly as bad as the Daily Mail and the Telegraph...

People over here dont need it rammed down their throats and so far as I can see from previous 'news' coverage on the subject, most people in the UK dont want to know; the over-riding feeling being 'you made your bed, now lie in it...'

Just my 2 cents worth...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 7:53 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

Why are ex-pats so wrapped up in themselves?????

Is it a requirement of the label????

How about sparing a thought for those who have not yet been able to make a bed to lie on.

Or even a care for those who made it long before you and now find it difficult, or even impossible to sustain.

How about counting your obvious blessings and sparing a little sympathy for the less fortunate.

You will soon be in the same boat when Germany saves the Euro and your £ is worth 50 c.

Forget the spin and just give us the facts as they are, no matter how sick you may be of seeing your imminent demise.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 10:14 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

I think foxbat is probably right when he says people in the UK will think 'you made your bed, you lie in it'.  I see where they are coming from, but don't totally agree.  The exchange rate/recession has shocked everyone. Nobody wanted vast overbuilds, half finished developments, corruption, lack of regulation etc. Just a fair life for following the rules, while taking a risk and investing in Spain is all most want i think.

I do think though that everyone, Spanish or not, should at least accept the problems are real, and have done and continue to do enormous damage to Spains property industry on the whole. Reccession or not, i don't think the problems will sort themself out by people burying their head in the sand and saying 'Im alright jack, tough luck for getting involved with the wrong agent/lawyer/developer/council/judge? '.  Until everyone stands up and says 'we have had enough, it's time for change' then nothing will?

If the majority are happy with the situation as it stands now then fair enogh i guess?  Those of us wronged will just have to sort ourself out with little support from the majority, and Spains property industry will just limp along much the same, no doubt a bit faster when the recession pulls out, but does anyone really think that will solve everying?. I feel confidence and more importantly trust in the property industry is shot, and will take a fair bit of restoring. Hard to see at the moment where that will come from? Perhaps more reliance on Spanish buyers in future, but with current unemployment, probably not?

Don't get me wrong, i realise that many in Spain are happy with their lot and don't need more 'doom and gloom' reports, but i hope most realise there are two sides to every story, and both should be taken seriously.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Right Move International - 4 posts
Community Charges - 9 posts
Rose & Thistle - 0 posts
Saturday Feb 28th Andalucia Day... - 5 posts
Moving to spain - 6 posts
UK PLASMA TV IN SPAIN? - 2 posts
Iceland in Spain? - 43 posts
End of the Euro ?? Could it really happen - 3 posts
Does anyone know of a van with spare room coming from UK to Manilva Area in March 09 - 9 posts
Signature on documents - 2 posts
Keith and Liz we live in La Escha near Lorca Murcia - 1 posts
UK van & storage back working. 1st March in Scotland. - 0 posts
I'm frustrated by my inablity to learn Spanish - 52 posts
Ryanair to drop check in desks by end of year? - 8 posts
golf starter kits - bargain - 0 posts
buying a repossesion - 7 posts
NIE Application in Manchester - 3 posts
Football fans on the Costa Blanca - 0 posts
internet connection - 12 posts
Rattan furniture - 6 posts
Van collecting in Scotland 1st March. - 0 posts
Watch your credit card transactions abroad!! - 13 posts
swop bike for van - 0 posts
Transfer Mortgage - 2 posts
Swimming Pool - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x