NIE Application in Manchester

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by p11cne Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

I would like to say that I have learned a lot from this forum and it is great,

I have joined yesterday to ask a few questions about the N.I.E number, I have applied in Manchester on 26th of Jan and had been told that it could take either 3Months and was also informed that some people had received there’s in 3 weeks is this true?

I need the N.I.E number to complete on a sale in the next 30days and would like to ask if anyone knows how to speed the process up with the Madrid office

One last question does anyone know if I could re apply for the N.I.E number in Spain even though I have already applied for it in Manchester, To be honest I took a whim that it would turn up within a month with applying for it through the Manchester consulate.

My bank are asking me to complete on the sale so or they will pull the funding it has already been 4 months since I was approved for the funding to buy the apartment and I have a large deposit with Polaris world which I do not want to loose.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2009 6:16 PM by LAM1963 Star rating in Lincolnshire, Fortun.... 152 posts Send private message

LAM1963´s avatar

I applied for NIE at London office and never ever did recieve my NIE number or refund

I eventually got my number in Torrevieja so it is possible to get an NIE in Spain if you have also applied at a consulate in England

Like 0      
22 Feb 2009 8:43 PM by RD Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

We also got our NIE No through the Manchester Office, we received it within 3 weeks of applying.  I am assuming you realise you have to give an address in Spain for it to go to, maybe your agent or solicitor.  We did this and it arrived as they said, with no problems or delays.

Regards  Mandy

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 10:20 PM by p11cne Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi

Thanks for everyone who controbuted to my questions, just to keep you informed that I had someone ring the Madrid office dealing with the applications and they told them that I should have my N.I.E number in 20days from today I will see. Also i was told if the application had been done through the embassy then it would have been processed sooner, as the application first has to travel from Manchester to London then to Madrid and so on that is the reason they take 3 Months. If you can obtain a recipt with referance number then the Madrid office will process the application sooner.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Football fans on the Costa Blanca - 0 posts
internet connection - 12 posts
Rattan furniture - 6 posts
Van collecting in Scotland 1st March. - 0 posts
Watch your credit card transactions abroad!! - 13 posts
swop bike for van - 0 posts
Transfer Mortgage - 2 posts
Swimming Pool - 8 posts
Sunset Golf La Resina Golf and Country Club near Estepona - Investment purchase - 2 posts
UK market - 4 posts
nottingham buyers? - 0 posts
Cajasur - definitely not a bank I would recommend, especially in Alora - can you help? - 3 posts
Disposing of a RHD van in Spain - is this possible? - 15 posts
Property Management - 1 posts
GEORGEKAY - 3 posts
Ready Rental Property - 15 posts
WANTED Wooden Childs Playpen - 0 posts
Problem with two properties in Spain - 2 posts
INFO ON GRANADA - HOTELS AND MUST SEE PLACES TO GO OR NOT TO GO - 6 posts
Shared agency for your data base - 0 posts
PALMERA PROPERTIES - 0 posts
Volunteers needed for children's charity in Malaga - 4 posts
Angel de Miraflores Mijas good or bad - 3 posts
unsatisfactory furniture what is procedure? Help please Maria - 1 posts
IF you booked car hire in Spain some months ago for the future CHECK LATEST PRICES - 26 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x