New Site Live!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Mar 2009 4:16 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

We have our own server.  The site did seem a little slow earlier.  It seems ok at the moment to me, do you still find it slow?

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
06 Mar 2009 6:01 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

How's that mail queue looking Justin? Waiting for about 10 notifications now.

Mark

Like 0      
07 Mar 2009 1:15 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

No emails yet . I have changed my address in the profile section now to see if they come through to a different one, all I need now is for someone to reply to a thread i'm subscribed to .

While making these new changes Justin, is there a way we can see which threads we are subscribed to at all?

Thanks

Mark

Like 0      
07 Mar 2009 1:20 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Mark, I've just noticed on the right-hand side of the blue tool bar heading the thread you've got "traffic lights" - option to watch/stop watching the thread.  Is it maybe that you have to "resubscribe" to those threads since the new site?  I'm not sure, but thought it worth mentioning!  If you have opted to "watch" the thread it turns red, with the option to "stop" watching.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2009 3:30 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi Pitby. I noticed the lights the other day, but they didn't seem to work for me, always showing green no matter what I did. They have since started working for me and I know I am definitely subscribed to some threads that have been replied to, but still no notifications, even at the new address.

Strange

Mark

Like 0      
07 Mar 2009 11:54 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Mark, we have been having some HUGE site issues.  Let me know if you get this notification.

Thanks

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
08 Mar 2009 7:37 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Justin, good morning!

Sorry to bother you on a Sunday morning but thought I had to tell you that when you enter eyeonspain in Google, it is reported as a dangerous site.

Que tengas feliz domingo.

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
08 Mar 2009 8:37 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yes, I've seen it, thanks Maria.  It seems our server was hacked yesterday so we moved the site to another server.  We're just waiting for Google to realise that all is ok now.

We are assessing what happened and will let everyone know if there is anything to worry about.

Justin

Like 0      
08 Mar 2009 12:59 PM by lytton Star rating in Bath & North East So.... 422 posts Send private message

Hello,

Everyone might want to check their virus software. I was unale to get onto the site last night and around the same time I had a uploader virus on my PC. Luckily it got caught by my virus software.

Phil

Like 0      
08 Mar 2009 7:38 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi Justin

I realise you are probably busy at the moment, but no notifications.

Trying to add pictures via the landscape button and forum member uploaded images returns and internal server error message.

I'll leave you to it for the time being!

Mark

edit to add: Meant to say that the images aren't showing either as you can see from my Facebook image in the sig.

This message was last edited by Marksfish on 3/8/2009.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2009 11:21 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Impossible to access site over the week-end and this am.  I eventually got on via Google and logging in again. Cannot access through usual route of favourites. Servor error  blah blah blah!.....

Like 0      
09 Mar 2009 12:02 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

tish I had that problem and I think it is because of the change to the forum url

Like 0      
09 Mar 2009 12:56 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Has anyone noticed an  extraordinary amount of spam in their email 'Spam Box'?

Over the past three days I have received between 150 and 220 such emails per day, as opposed to the usual 10 or 15.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2009 1:51 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Just managed to get a couple of minutes to get on here and explain a few things....

It seems on Saturday our server was infected with some sort of virus/ trojan.  We don't know what caused it or how they got in but essentially the attached some malware to the website.

It is possible that if you accessed the website on the Saturday that it may have affected your PC.

We have checked all our PCs here running XP and Vista and none of them have suffered any effect.  However, if you are running an older version of windows, such as Windows 2003, then you need to run some virus checker.  PM me if you need any advice on this.

Anyway, as soon as we were aware that this was happening on Saturday we switched off ALL our websites which is when you may have got the "Service unavailable" message.

So, on Saturday evening we came in and spent several hours migrating the site to another of our servers, which is very clean and very fast too!

Since later Saturday evening the malware was removed and all is ok again.  It took Google a little longer to confirm that they were happy too and this morning they actually gave us the all clear.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.  If you do suspect that your PC may have been affected please PM me for advice.

Unfortunately there are people out there who think it's fun to play with honest people's livelihoods.  The same way a home PC is susceptible to viruses, tojans, etc, the same is true of web servers, which are basically just PCs too.  Along with our host I hope we don't have to deal with this again.  In nearly 5 years of running the website we've never had this problem before.  

Thanks for everyone for their patience and understanding.

Mark, we have some more things to move across from the old server so we should be done by end of today.

Thanks

Justin

Like 0      
09 Mar 2009 2:35 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Justin,

Could any of these problems have caused my problem with the spam?

Like 0      
09 Mar 2009 2:44 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I don't think so Sandra.  Generally with email spam it's related to posting your email address in places on the web or if you've signed up to an email list which doesn'tt respect your privacy.  Also, many spam emails are generated dynamically by guessing addresses so it depends how "guessable" your is.

Also, it's best never to unsibscribe from an email that you truly believe is spam.  If you do you are basically confirming to them that the email address is monitored so they will spam you more!  If a spam email enters your inbox just click the "Report as spam" button and let your ISP deal with it.

Hope that makes some sense.

Justin

Like 0      
09 Mar 2009 2:47 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

I've done that,

thanks Justin

Like 0      
09 Mar 2009 6:12 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

You are doing things very well, greatly.

There is a part of the Quijote where he says " They bark because we run"  Do not you like it?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
10 Mar 2009 7:49 AM by sterling Star rating in Kent & Partaloa, Alm.... 206 posts Send private message

Hi All,

I didn't fancy the new layout much,couldn;t find the general forum anywhere!! Doh! After a bit of searching I finally found it. Ok so it may have took a few days but Hey I'm here.

I hate change

Like 0      
10 Mar 2009 8:37 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Welcome back sterling!  The changes were really necessary and they'll make a lot of sense very soon....

Justin

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Income Tax & Social Security - 7 posts
Transfering Regular Money to Spain - 4 posts
Spain: Who Is Responsible For The Property Bubble? - 3 posts
What's happened to Manilva Leisure ? - 9 posts
Wanted : Villa Rental - Mijas Costa - 0 posts
Snagging - 0 posts
Why oh why - 1 posts
Residents get together - 5 posts
Right Move International - 4 posts
Community Charges - 9 posts
Rose & Thistle - 0 posts
Saturday Feb 28th Andalucia Day... - 5 posts
Moving to spain - 6 posts
UK PLASMA TV IN SPAIN? - 2 posts
Iceland in Spain? - 43 posts
End of the Euro ?? Could it really happen - 3 posts
Does anyone know of a van with spare room coming from UK to Manilva Area in March 09 - 9 posts
Signature on documents - 2 posts
Keith and Liz we live in La Escha near Lorca Murcia - 1 posts
UK van & storage back working. 1st March in Scotland. - 0 posts
I'm frustrated by my inablity to learn Spanish - 52 posts
Ryanair to drop check in desks by end of year? - 8 posts
golf starter kits - bargain - 0 posts
buying a repossesion - 7 posts
NIE Application in Manchester - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 139

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x