A HAPPY THREAD - NO DOOM, GLOOM OR CREDIT CRUNCH MENTIONED!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jul 2009 11:38 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Happy Birthday EOS, hope you all have a lovely night tonight.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
14 Jul 2009 12:41 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Irene's just posted a photo of her wedding to Alan so I've blinged it a bit.

Irene, I trust you don't mind me posting this seeing as you did post it in your blog.  

Some beautiful music to accompany your photo too.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2009 7:42 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Brilliant More! Thanks

Irene

Like 0      
14 Jul 2009 7:42 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Brilliant More! Thanks

Irene

Like 0      
14 Jul 2009 12:57 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I cropped the photo & put you in two frames too.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2009 2:38 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Now you really are showing off More!!!

xx

Like 0      
20 Jul 2009 10:06 AM by nyk1974 Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Dear Irene and Alan, Just a quick email to say congrats on getting married, I hope that you had a fantastic day. Simon is doing well I have him working down at Playa Flamenca today and tomorrow, he was still talking this weekend at how amazed he was at your and Catherine's hospitality. Please dont forget to send me some pics of you new flower beds.

Kindest regards

Nicolas

Like 0      
20 Jul 2009 1:07 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

This is one of two identical planters - isn't it beautiful?!?!

Simon and Brazil (don't know his real name!) worked their socks off and we only gave him the normal British hospitality: he didn't like our coffee though but we kept them supplied with mucho agua.

Thanks Nick for being the go-between. I know Catherine is just as pleased with the work Simon did for her as I am.

Irene

Irene

Like 0      
27 Aug 2009 12:03 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

It's a long time since this thread was posted on.  Is everybody still happy?  Must admit, I was getting a bit depressed reading the thread on "justice" which has reached hundreds of posts.  The protagonists on there will not accept any of the replies given and all the advice and sympathetic (which I was really was, at the beginning, or at least, for the first 2 or 3 hundred posts) responses, but, no, it drags on and on and on.

Anyway, back to the happy bit.  Had a great couple of weeks in Quesada at the beginning of the month.  Took 3 grandkids, 14, 11 and 8.  We haven't taken any of them for a couple of years so we took them all this time.  They had a fantastic time even though we thought the 2 weeks was far too short.  It was really, really difficult to leave this time.  Sitting on my veranda, supping a cool beverage or two, chatting to the neighbours.  The kids thought it was great they could go over to the pools at 8:30 at night.  They loved the restaurants we took them to, the walks on the seafront in Torrevieja, the chiliing out and boy, were they happy when they found the Disney channel was on in English!  I really think we are very lucky to have found such a lovely place.  It is amazing, though, that kids can still find things to argue about even when they are enjoying themselves,  My grand daughter, the 11 year old, has turned into a right drama queen.  Some of the sulks and comments would get her a scholarship at RADA anytime.

Still, we had a great time.  Very sorry to leave and, as normal, looking at the flight sites to book my next visit.  Have been checking my finances to see when I can move over permanently but it looks like we'll have to wait until October next year when insurances mature.  In fact, we have now made the decision that, come hell, highwater or tax demands, we have set a deadline for October next year which is, unfortunately, a couple of years after our last deadline (ho, hum).

Also decided to buy a car in Spain and leave it there due to the high prices of car hire now, which I won't labour on as this is the happy thread.  Oh, and the fact that it is pouring with rain here in UK, high winds and gas fire on last night, I won't lower this happy thread by mentioning that.

The night before we left (seems years ago now but was only 10 days or so ago) there was an absolutely spectacular lightning storm.  We sat on the veranda (kids and all) watching this fabulous light show that went on for hours.  Sheet lightning, forked lightning and even blanket lightning (is there such a thing?)  .  Grandkids were absolutely fascinated.  Started about 8 pm and was still going when we went to bed at around midnight. 

Also had an excellent evening the weekend before attending the Quesada fiesta.  Lovely parades and marvellous firework displays which the kids thought was fabulous.  Saw the parades at about 7, the fireworks were on about 8.30 (bit early and didn't do them justice) then a lovely meal at a Chinese followed by a drink in the next door pub (on the terrace).  Absolutely brilliant when the 8 year old said "This is the best day of my life, ever".  Makes it all worthwhile.

Like 0      
27 Aug 2009 12:14 AM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Anne & myself are:-

We're getting married on the 5th September, 2 week honeymoon in Fuengirola, and down to sabinillas to see a few old friends - Perfect..........

think this counts as Happy... Answers on a postcard to.......

Phil

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
27 Aug 2009 12:20 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Congrats on your wedding.  It's my (and my wife's, of course) anniversary this Saturday.  42 years and still going strong. 

Have a great honeymoon and may the "do not disturb" sign on your hotel door be in every language people can recognise.

Like 0      
27 Aug 2009 1:43 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Congratulations Phil!!

Well, Ive had a great summer so far, enjoying the weather and the fun. Son has second rugby trials for U17s for Spain this saturday in Marbella, he has also decided to continue studies to go into nautical engineering, so a few more years having to work to support the degrees!

Daughter enters 2nd year of Uni in Sevilla end of sept, her 1st year grades very high and gets her fees discounted again, she found a summer job waitressing on proper contract and an average of 20 euros tips per shift!!! So havent had to support her through the summer and the best bit is she bought me and a friend tickets to see Mamma Mia in November in Malaga - something to look forward to.

Busy expanding the business as well, so its all go. Actually have no doom and gloom to tell, which makes a bloomin change!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
27 Aug 2009 9:23 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

morning all

good to read a few happy posts. Let's hope many more of us will in a position to contribute in the next year or two with some good news. We are giving it our best shot.

Like 0      
27 Aug 2009 4:14 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Boboaol,

Nice to hear a happy story.......i have probably seen you around as it sounds like we frequent the same haunts....

I echo your sentiments.......been giving the forum a rest for a bit or "Having a break from the Norm" as it's now known......

Like 0      
27 Aug 2009 4:49 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

my hubby and I have just celerbrated our ruby wedding

with a cruise on the ocean village round the med.

were given a free upgrade to a balcony cabin

it was fantastic. Happy I think (for us)

coolyes

Like 0      
27 Aug 2009 5:24 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

Well I was due to pay a visit to Georgia today, however, my Belgian Shepherd dislocated his hip and our 17 year old cat has a kidney stone and rapidly deteriorating nervous system according  to the vet.

€117 lighter so still existing on winning the ashes and my favourite GP from Spa this weekend.

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
27 Aug 2009 5:28 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yes, F1 at Spa this weekend so definitely something to be happy about....and Lewis looks like he's got a good car too.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
27 Aug 2009 6:44 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Yep, looking forward to the Spa GP!

And only three weeks to the day until I leave Dubai for good and get on a plane back to Spain!

Can't wait!

Like 0      
27 Aug 2009 6:47 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

I'm surprised you are not a member of www.zdkf1.com

I came 33rd out of 1880 last year, I can't /won't tell you where I am this year, Brawn rather threw my predictions some what!

This message was last edited by Gillespie on 27/08/2009.

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
27 Aug 2009 6:50 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Spa???!!! Isnt that where you get a wrap and a massage with chocolate sauce ..... or have I really got it that wrong?

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Paying a Spanish Fine in England - 2 posts
retiring to jar de cope - 4 posts
Acquiring a mortgage. - 1 posts
Garrucha fun fair - 9 posts
Can I afford to live in Spain - Serious question - 76 posts
EXTREMELY URGENT One month Torrevieja or surrounding €100 a week - 0 posts
EXTREMELY URGENT One month rental required Torrevieja area - €100 per week - 0 posts
Savings on shopping - 14 posts
GoGo's Crazy Bones?? - 1 posts
Totally Torrevieja - 1 posts
Another building giant crisis hits Costa Blanca - 7 posts
All MAR MENOR (Costa Calida) general info. - 0 posts
Bus Service - 11 posts
Moneycorp & QuesadaLife forum, devious lot or WHAT !?! - 11 posts
Sad site in Torrevieja (Costa Blanca) today - 6 posts
Can you eat a hot curry in Spain? - 15 posts
Watch T4 pop concert LIVE in my town of Weston Super Mare right NOW on C4 - 2 posts
HELP....Advice on TDLT - 3 posts
Child Bank Account - How do I open one ? - 5 posts
Youtube teaches you Spanish, very helpful. - 1 posts
Christmas - 10 posts
changing mortgage to a new owner - 6 posts
Adding a page to social networking sites - 1 posts
Spanair and Ryanair give details of their cutbacks in Spain. - 0 posts
Check out flight info for all carriers at Alicante & Murcia - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 173

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x