A HAPPY THREAD - NO DOOM, GLOOM OR CREDIT CRUNCH MENTIONED!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Aug 2008 2:08 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Interested in the Spain vs UK Christmas debate.  For several years we've been subjected to a three line whip to stay with our daughter and family over Christmas in Wales. We escaped 4 years ago on a cruise that was a disaster so I'll not post details here!! Had telephone conversation last week - 'thinking about going to Spain'?  Response was 'If that's what you want I don't mind' Cue - read between the words.  Now decided that we'll go to Spain for new year instead and toe the line for Christmas.  Ironically my father and step mother (who has 5 children) don't like all the hype and they like being on their own - as do we. I sound like a grumpy old woman.

Could recommend and internet provider?  I currently use dial up.  I do most of my surfing during 'working' hours while having a coffee etc!  My job has just been disestablished (ie deleted) so feel no guilt. However dial up is infruriatingly slow and now seriously considering taking the plunge to broadband.  I asked one of our IT guys at work and he suggested Sky. Any advance on that?

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 4:16 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I have Virgin but it seems quite slow at the moment.  Most people I talk to seem impressed with talk talk, another had Sky installed but spent ages trying to get it up and running. 

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 6:43 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Yes l would recommend Talk Talk as l have had no problems at all + free phone calls home and abroad.Pat. 

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 6:44 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Yes l would recommend Talk Talk as l have had no problems at all + free phone calls home and abroad.Pat. 

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 8:40 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar
I also have talk talk and have been very pleased with the service and enjoy the free calls abroad.

Julia

Like 0      
19 Aug 2008 2:36 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Countdown Clocks at WishAFriend.com

Like 0      
19 Aug 2008 2:11 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
 What does your computer do at NIGHT ? 

Like 0      
19 Aug 2008 2:24 PM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar
I'm happy with Virgin 3 for thirty pounds and you get 2mb broadband connection which is more than ample for the ordinary Joe.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/

Like 0      
19 Aug 2008 2:41 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Good 4 u , Joe.
 What does your computer do at NIGHT ? 

Like 0      
19 Aug 2008 4:40 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Lovely More. Now I know why things go missing they've been obliterated.

Thanks for the suggestions on broadband providers but just as confused as ever!

Like 0      
19 Aug 2008 4:50 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Sonia, I blame you for turning this into yet another IT type of thread & we were doing so well.

I thought   NIGHT was incredibly funny, aren't some people clever to make that ? 

BTW : I'm trying to write my blog but keep getting distracted. I have Spanish banks for Cambank & also Banco Halifax, insurances, aircon & grilles on the go at the moment. I post one of them then think sh*t, I forgot to say that bit, & I have to go edit it. 

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 11:49 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Well, I'm going shopping as Aldi have a white loo seat on offer. Our suite is white in our cloakroom but the builders put a black seat on & I've always hankered after a white one & Aldi's have some today on their offer section. Only waited 28 years.  

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 2:33 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

I'm usually the first in this family to think of money making schemes - but I certainly missed out today!  It is day one of the Clacton air show - Red Arrows and all the display teams performing aerobatics over the sea.  

It wasn't until I was taking my father down to the hospital, and we got stuck in a traffic jam that I remembered!

We get a marvellous view of all the aerobatics from our back garden, just to think that I could have charged admission!!  Could have done with adding a few more coffers to my holiday fund!!

The week long carnival that preceeded it was a bit of a wash out, in more ways than one!  I'm considering altering my avitar as it might contravene one of the description acts!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 5:48 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
More:  I hope that you succeeded in your mission today - 28 years is certainly a long time to wait! 

Sounds that some jobs around this house.  My daughter's husband bought her a drill and bits because she made a few "comments".  Hope that she has got the knack of how to use it by now - and brings it around here for some practice!

Oh, by the way, I promise that I won't even crack the joke "are you now flushed with success""  Whoops - I think that I just did!!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 5:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Well abbbb, he's managed to take the old black seat off, with brute force & a helluva lot of ignorance. ( I him really ). New version is a teeny bit oversized as old wc is ancient. However, it looks good & it's WHITE not black. Oh, & new one moves slightly but it's WHITE ! For £8.99 I'll live with a slight wobble, have done for years.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 6:23 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

When I moved into my house many years ago I decided I wanted to put up some shelves in the kitchen.  Out came the electric drill and I marked up where the holes should be and started drilling.  After minutes of drilling  I wasn't getting anywhere so I had to admit defeat and ask for help.

I rang my B I L and he and my sister came over after they had been to the DIY store to pick up a pack of masonry drills.  I was using wood drills

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 6:23 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
A few Nights ago siitting on the Terrace in my Garden i noticed something out of thye corner of my Eye.
One of my neighbours was passing and he stopped to watch as well.
I have a Family of Tropical House Geko's living under one of my Bourganvila bushes.
I have been watching them run about every night when it gets dark,this brought the conversation onto wildlife in Spain,he tells me there are still wolves,Bears,Eagles and loads of other wildlife here that i have never really thought about before.....
Just thought i would share that,gotta watch something these days because of no bl...,....................sorry think happy thoughts ,happy thread......

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 6:34 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Ok, so she has same drill in each hand, spare the comment, Georgia. 

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/21/2008.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 7:24 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Hot or Not? (private joke for more)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
23 Aug 2008 7:39 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Gosh, Georgia, two days without a "Happy Post" - I think that you ought to share that joke with us!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Paying a Spanish Fine in England - 2 posts
retiring to jar de cope - 4 posts
Acquiring a mortgage. - 1 posts
Garrucha fun fair - 9 posts
Can I afford to live in Spain - Serious question - 76 posts
EXTREMELY URGENT One month Torrevieja or surrounding €100 a week - 0 posts
EXTREMELY URGENT One month rental required Torrevieja area - €100 per week - 0 posts
Savings on shopping - 14 posts
GoGo's Crazy Bones?? - 1 posts
Totally Torrevieja - 1 posts
Another building giant crisis hits Costa Blanca - 7 posts
All MAR MENOR (Costa Calida) general info. - 0 posts
Bus Service - 11 posts
Moneycorp & QuesadaLife forum, devious lot or WHAT !?! - 11 posts
Sad site in Torrevieja (Costa Blanca) today - 6 posts
Can you eat a hot curry in Spain? - 15 posts
Watch T4 pop concert LIVE in my town of Weston Super Mare right NOW on C4 - 2 posts
HELP....Advice on TDLT - 3 posts
Child Bank Account - How do I open one ? - 5 posts
Youtube teaches you Spanish, very helpful. - 1 posts
Christmas - 10 posts
changing mortgage to a new owner - 6 posts
Adding a page to social networking sites - 1 posts
Spanair and Ryanair give details of their cutbacks in Spain. - 0 posts
Check out flight info for all carriers at Alicante & Murcia - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 173

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x