Winter Fuel Allowance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Jul 2013 6:21 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

Hard to follow this thread, but I winter abroad and the WFA comes in handy as the heating is on and off during the 4/5 months I am away.   And when it drops below a certain temp I get £20 extra, last winter that amounted to £60.   Lately I find I am using the heating when it is not winter as well so it all evens out for me.

If I shine too brightly, then put your sunglasses on oy vey

Like 0      
02 Jul 2013 6:21 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

This is getting somewhat cyclic! Time to pull up stumps??

Like 0      
02 Jul 2013 6:51 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 804 posts Send private message

Some great news from UK pensions and benefits Office
.نور اگر رفت سايه پيدا نيست نقش ديوار و چشم خيره
ما نقش سايه دگر نمي دان نور اگر رفت سايه. ر رفت

If I know anymore will send it on....lol

Like 0      
02 Jul 2013 7:03 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

thanx Flo, I will bear that in mind for future reference.

If I shine too brightly, then put your sunglasses on oy vey

Like 0      
02 Jul 2013 7:20 PM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

All uk  over 60 regardless how much they paid in then. I paid into the coffers for 50 years and they intend snatching it off me.

Some only pay for a couple of years after deciding to have a little time in the uk. they don't even have to do any work

Like 0      
02 Jul 2013 7:29 PM by bilbo.s Star rating in Albuñol.. 14 posts Send private message

Rapidly losing the will to live.  It won't matter then how cold it gets next winter .

Like 0      
02 Jul 2013 7:51 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

I think that WFA has always been given to over 60s regardless of how much they paid into the system.   Remember, when I say always we are talking about a very new benefit - and one that should never have been universally available because the country could never afford it.   

Yes haydngj, if you are over 60, and resident in the EU (including the UK), you will get the WFA (or whatever it may be called in the future) as long as the place you reside has an average temperature between (some fixed point of time ) of below (some fixed temperature).  

And it may not be fair that this will exclude those living in southern Europe, but it will not be discriminatory.  

Like 0      
02 Jul 2013 8:05 PM by brickwork Star rating in Calahonda Mijas Cost.... 59 posts Send private message

Roly2

Of course it's discriminatory.  what are you on?

Like 0      
02 Jul 2013 8:06 PM by brickwork Star rating in Calahonda Mijas Cost.... 59 posts Send private message

marcbernard 

Or stick them somewhere!!

Like 0      
02 Jul 2013 8:25 PM by bilbo.s Star rating in Albuñol.. 14 posts Send private message

Roly 2.  If your criterion for government expenditure is affordability, then I must point out to you that the UK cannot afford anything, especially Trident.

Like 0      
02 Jul 2013 9:20 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Well we certainly cannot afford the welfare state - sadly.   And once again brickwork - no it is not - it applies to everyone equally. It may be unfair and arbitrary but it is not discriminatory.   

I am not defending the position - I am just pointing out the fact.

Like 0      
02 Jul 2013 11:25 PM by brickwork Star rating in Calahonda Mijas Cost.... 59 posts Send private message

Roly2

Not sure what you are on as IT DOES NOT APPLY TO EVERYONE, IT ONLY APPLIES TO THOSE WHO LIVE IN A WARMER CLIMATE.

Those who choose to stay in UK (or spend the winter in warmer climates), get it, therefore it is discriminatory QED

It's either for everyone, or nobody, no picking and choosing, which in essence is the  meaning of discriminating -  changing the rules cannot be described as anything but DISCRIMIATORY = Opposite to equality.

Coffee and wake up come to mind

This message was last edited by brickwork on 02/07/2013.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2013 8:10 AM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Ok let's keep things civil please, no need to start getting offensive. Remeber if you don't agree, feel free to disagree, but politely.

thanks

Like 0      
03 Jul 2013 9:17 AM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

It is limitation, not discrimination.    I am sorry if you cannot see the difference, but it really is very simple.  It is proposed that the payment will be LIMITED to people who reside in places where the temp falls below a certain and agreed temperature.   So, it will be set up so that if Spain (for example) had a really, really bad winter and the temp plummetted to below the agreed limit - every UK pensioner residing in Spain would get a payment.   It really is very simple and very obviously not discriminatory, since the same rules will apply to everyone.     Now, of course you can say it will mean that anyone living in Spain will not get a payment - but that is because the temp will not fall, not because you are being discriminated against.    

I don't know why I am involved in this - it does not effect me in the slightest - but I suppose old habits die hard and I cannot see such blatant misinterpretation of the facts.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2013 9:58 AM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

Roly, I think that you are banging your head against a brick wall. Some people simply cannot or will not understand the difference. Perhaps they think that only giving pension credit to some pensioners is discrimination and not just limiting it to pensioners on a low income.

Life is unfair people, get over it.

I for one would be very sorry if Bobaol stopped posted on this site. His arguments are well researched and thought out and always make sense (to me). The abuse is very uncalled for, nasty and unnecessary. Perhaps everything that needs to be said has been said on this topic and we should call it a day.

G

Like 0      
03 Jul 2013 12:23 PM by brickwork Star rating in Calahonda Mijas Cost.... 59 posts Send private message

Roly2

Still agree with myself and not you, off to the beach now, I will not add anything else as I have said what I want too, and ever decreasing circles only ever has one end result! I will take it up with my MEP, Have a nice day everyone, getting warmer now

Like 0      
03 Jul 2013 1:13 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Like I say, I am not arguing in favour one way or the other.  I am just pointing out the facts.    It sort of loops nicely round to another topic on this thread - or off topic - which was MPs salaries (shock horror of £65000).    Maybe those of us who can understand the difference between limitation and discrimination might have a bit more understanding of what MPs have to do - read all those waste of time letters which are written in a red sea of misinterpretation!!! 

Like 0      
03 Jul 2013 1:22 PM by brickwork Star rating in Calahonda Mijas Cost.... 59 posts Send private message

Roly2

couldn't let a smart ass comment like "Maybe those of us who can understand the difference between limitation and discrimination", pass, maybe you should have been a hairdresser they deal with splitting hairs.

Do you really believe that I or anyone here does not understand** EDITED - offensive-Against forum rules **

Now going to the beach to cool off in more ways than one

This message was last edited by brickwork on 03/07/2013.

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 03/07/2013.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2013 1:25 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Oh dear - the beach did not work.    It is clear from everything you have written that you do not understand the difference.

However, my intentions were not to upset you so do go and enjoy the beach.   Better remove your last comment though before someone comes in and does it for you.

Have a great day.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2013 1:28 PM by brickwork Star rating in Calahonda Mijas Cost.... 59 posts Send private message

** EDITED -offensive- Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 03/07/2013.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | ... | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bad management or just a total rip off! - 7 posts
UK Non resident Ltd - a better solution? - 0 posts
A good gestoria - 4 posts
Portugals Police BINGOING Mad... - 5 posts
Moving On - 7 posts
We are in the UK and our bank doesn't respond - 9 posts
Investors Chronicle article on retiring abroad - 0 posts
Mosquito Traps? - 6 posts
SIM Cards - 2 posts
What happens in Notary Office when selling - 28 posts
A clean room project - 0 posts
Maintenance charges on bank accounts used for paying mortgage payments ! - 0 posts
Becoming non resident in spain for tax purposes - 7 posts
Moving to Spain March 2014 - 2 posts
Spanish Banks - Who can we complain to - 6 posts
Sewing Machines - 5 posts
Old for new - 6 posts
moving to spain park life - 3 posts
Amazon... - 5 posts
Any feed back please "Firefly Rent a car" Murcia San Javier - 12 posts
Finca Parcs Testimonial - 7 posts
Car rental Spain to UK and back - 6 posts
Meditation - 0 posts
Spanish Royal family news - 13 posts
Spain's Untouchables - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 270

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x