Moving On

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Jun 2013 12:24 PM by breffco Star rating in London . 3 posts Send private message

breffco´s avatar

Good Afternoon

After doing a bit more investigating/research and reading the feedback to my post in Feb over the past few months we have looked into areas within the Costa Blanca and long term renting.

We have decided to long term rent ( unfurnished ) and possibly for a 12 month period and are looking at the Cabio Roig area.

The 12 months will give us time to see if we could settle in Spain and also give us more time to look into purchasing a  property, what the area has to offer

Any information would be welcome

Like 0      
26 Jun 2013 1:07 PM by competa Star rating in Scotland. 92 posts Send private message

The Axarquia region in Andalucia is beautiful - lots of great walking and social life.  Many of the villages up in the hills are still very typical Spanish - depends on what you want really.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2013 1:14 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - you should be able to rent in Cabo Roig without any problems, but there are not many properties rented out unfurnished.  We don´t do rentals ourselves, but if you Google Cabo Roig or Orihuela Costa then you should get lots of results.

It is a busy area with lots of amenities and the new shopping centre at La Zenia Boulevard is close by.  It does get quieter out of season but there are enough people here all year round to keep the shops and bars open.

Good luck with your search!

Like 1      
08 Sep 2013 9:57 AM by GerryFox Star rating in Nailsea or Los Cones.... 8 posts Send private message

Hi,

Cabo Roig can get extremely busy during the 'summer' - i.e. when Madrid is shut down for a couple of months. The main road through to Torrevieja can get extremely congested.

Personally I would go just down the coast to Los Alaczares on the Mar Menor, very close to San Javier airport. This place has a great feel and is less busy.

Regards ... Gerry

Like 0      
08 Sep 2013 1:56 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Why unfurnished ? Surely it wont be cost effective of bringing or buying furniture here.
Take 3 month furnished rentals and research local areas. But over 2 years not 1.
We all have our own ideal of heaven and many places recommended would not suit me as where I live probably wouldn't suit the recommenders.
Am sure many who want to return to UK it is as much about being unhappy with their initial choice of location as missing their families.
Spain is a huge country so go discover it.

Like 1      
12 Sep 2013 12:15 PM by adcd0122 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Many Thanks for reply's

I have found an unfurnished 2 bed townhouse in Cabo Roig at a very reasonable price.My son- in-law is a deliver driver and he is using his 6m van to move furniture from UK to Spain total cost ( ferry/tolls/petrol/food/insurance cover EU) round trip £1675.82.

The total cost of storage in UK was £2600.Selling car in UK would be around £7500.I have already spoke to a car dealer in ELCHE and we have been forwarded a car ( re-sale ) for around £5k if we wish to purchase.

Living costs are all sorted for an 11 month period stay and our saving against the UK living costs was £2362 per year.

The reason for Cabo Roig is easy access to N332 and AP7 and to Murcia airport for business trips to UK is to investigate areas/property's further a field

Like 1      
14 Sep 2013 8:02 AM by christinejoyce Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

Very unusual to get something unfurnished, and seems very expensive to bring stuff out yourselves. There are plenty of companies who could bring out your goods at a fraction of the price, just look on local papers websites for costa blanca. Long term storage in UK is always negotiable.

Like 1      
14 Sep 2013 8:03 AM by christinejoyce Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

Very unusual to get something unfurnished, and seems very expensive to bring stuff out yourselves. There are plenty of companies who could bring out your goods at a fraction of the price, just look on local papers websites for costa blanca. Long term storage in UK is always negotiable.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

We are in the UK and our bank doesn't respond - 9 posts
Investors Chronicle article on retiring abroad - 0 posts
Mosquito Traps? - 6 posts
SIM Cards - 2 posts
What happens in Notary Office when selling - 28 posts
A clean room project - 0 posts
Maintenance charges on bank accounts used for paying mortgage payments ! - 0 posts
Becoming non resident in spain for tax purposes - 7 posts
Moving to Spain March 2014 - 2 posts
Spanish Banks - Who can we complain to - 6 posts
Sewing Machines - 5 posts
Old for new - 6 posts
moving to spain park life - 3 posts
Amazon... - 5 posts
Any feed back please "Firefly Rent a car" Murcia San Javier - 12 posts
Finca Parcs Testimonial - 7 posts
Car rental Spain to UK and back - 6 posts
Meditation - 0 posts
Spanish Royal family news - 13 posts
Spain's Untouchables - 4 posts
A huge thank you everyone - 0 posts
Keith Rule and Costa Luz were magnificent champions for us - 4 posts
Parcel courier - 3 posts
buying ceiling fans - 11 posts
720 return errors, whose liability ? - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x