Winter Fuel Allowance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Jul 2013 3:04 PM by seatrojo Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Everyone has their on views on the heating allowance topic.

I was unable to claim this allowance until the ruling form the eu last year.I have only received the one payment so far,I am over 65...

Means test whatever you want,it doesnt matter to me,what I object to and stated quite clearly in my first post on here,is that after paying in the UK system for 44 years I am not allowed any benifeits...we can not claim a penny in spain for anything as we didnt contribute to the system,only our taxes ,why then should the UK GoVt give out heating allowance  to foreign residents if they have paid nothing into the system.You can move to the Uk aged 60 years and one day and claim everything...that is my complaint....all you people who say it was our choice to move,well how clever are you,of course it was but we still all paid our dues before we moved (most of us ) and before you shout,how many of you are getting benifeits anyway............

Like 0      
01 Jul 2013 3:24 PM by bilbo.s Star rating in Albuñol.. 14 posts Send private message

I would say we should all move back, just to scunner ( try Google) them, but why cut off my nose to spite my face.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2013 3:24 PM by bilbo.s Star rating in Albuñol.. 14 posts Send private message

I would say we should all move back, just to scunner ( try Google) them, but why cut off my nose to spite my face.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2013 4:43 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

was just out in the car and heard, wait for it folks, back benchers are in for another rise as apparently almost £70,000 isnt enough.  This was announced in a new segment that salaries in London have not risen since 2008!  My son works in IT and works jolly damn hard and over a 60 hour week, with no increase since 2005!!!!!  What a cockeyed world we live in.

If I shine too brightly, then put your sunglasses on oy vey

Like 0      
01 Jul 2013 4:47 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

This is from BBC web page in January 2013:-

The Commons voted against a 1% pay rise in 2011 and last year agreed to extend the pay freeze into 2013.

But the survey found that 69% thought they were underpaid on their current salary of £65,738.

The average level suggested for the appropriate level of pay was £86,250.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2013 4:56 PM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

WFA stands for winter fuel allowance no mention of any freezing or cold weather in it.  Now they are able to claim extra money for cold weather. The expats are never able to claim this extra as it has to be freezing to have that payment.

How can dc be able to take it from us we do have a winter over here.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2013 4:58 PM by nicechap Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

70,000 isnt enough how many of us would like that sort of money  and 70k is plus plus plus I think they should all be made to live on a pension for 6 months and then see what they say about 70k is not enough

Like 0      
01 Jul 2013 4:58 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

Gawd knows where they came up with that 69% figure.  But it's the BBC and part of the esatablishment so what else can we expect.   Anyway I don't believe it for one minute.  In my own constituency on outskirts of London 89% voted they get paid too much.  I have reached the point in my life that I do not believe any of our news stations along with politicians and bankers etc.  All a bunch of liars, plain and simple.  But what is really insulting is we are now treated as serfs without a morsel of intelligence.  The media has to do a better job at reporting news.  ANother subject.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2013 5:02 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

But the survey found that 69% thought they were underpaid on their current salary of £65,738.

Foxi

that was a survey of MPs

Like 0      
01 Jul 2013 5:13 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

Seatrojo I agree with you but the UK is a strange place, as well you know.  As Gordon Brown once said "if you are not working with us you are against us" or words to that effect.  Which I took to mean if you are not part of the establishment then you're onto a loser.  I see this new piece of legislation regarding WFA as a way of saying to people, well you shouldn't have moved, and now we will penalise you.  Which amounts to the same thing doesn't it?  You have to be loyal to the cause and stay in the UK and accept all the crap that Westminster can dole out, simple.  And woe betide anyone that tries to achieve a better lifestyle outside of the UK, unless of course you are part of the establishment or minted and move to parts of Africa or India where they still get the WFA!

Like 0      
01 Jul 2013 5:15 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

Oh right John, sorry i misunderstood.  I thought to myself this cannot be right as people here are so fed up with their antics. 

Like 0      
01 Jul 2013 5:30 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 01/07/2013.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2013 6:11 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Which parts of Africa or India get the fuel allowance? I'm intrigued as the rules specifically say you will not get if you live outside the EEA.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2013 6:40 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

Yes I know that's what is being said, but on the news last night they referred to parts of India and Africa.  So I would hazard a guess they mean the Himalayas and cold parts of Africa ie Keya as I recall was mentioned.  So go figure eh?

Like 0      
01 Jul 2013 6:49 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
7 posts ago you said you don't believe anything you hear on the news. It's only payable to people with "strong ties to the UK" living in the EEA.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2013 6:57 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

I take everything I have ever heard on the news with a huge chunk of salt, but hubby was listening to the news as i walked in and that's how I heard this.  I myself never listen to UK TV news channels, only Reuters and sometimes RT as a  rule.  However I am subject also to news in my car in between programmes unfortunately.  Does that explain sufficiently?

Like 0      
01 Jul 2013 7:58 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
It explains that you hear snippets of news. It doesn't explain why you think people living in Africa or India get the winter fuel allowance.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2013 8:22 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

I didn't say " I think people living in Africa or India get the winter fuel allowance."  What I did say was I heard a broadcaster on a news channel state this.  Hubby is away so I can't ask what channel this was. I have been questioning whether or not I did hear this, but I am quite certain this is what I heard. 

Like 0      
01 Jul 2013 8:25 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

unless of course you are part of the establishment or minted and move to parts of Africa or India where they still get the WFA!

Funny that, I felt sure you did.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2013 8:43 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

That was my opinion duh!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bad management or just a total rip off! - 7 posts
UK Non resident Ltd - a better solution? - 0 posts
A good gestoria - 4 posts
Portugals Police BINGOING Mad... - 5 posts
Moving On - 7 posts
We are in the UK and our bank doesn't respond - 9 posts
Investors Chronicle article on retiring abroad - 0 posts
Mosquito Traps? - 6 posts
SIM Cards - 2 posts
What happens in Notary Office when selling - 28 posts
A clean room project - 0 posts
Maintenance charges on bank accounts used for paying mortgage payments ! - 0 posts
Becoming non resident in spain for tax purposes - 7 posts
Moving to Spain March 2014 - 2 posts
Spanish Banks - Who can we complain to - 6 posts
Sewing Machines - 5 posts
Old for new - 6 posts
moving to spain park life - 3 posts
Amazon... - 5 posts
Any feed back please "Firefly Rent a car" Murcia San Javier - 12 posts
Finca Parcs Testimonial - 7 posts
Car rental Spain to UK and back - 6 posts
Meditation - 0 posts
Spanish Royal family news - 13 posts
Spain's Untouchables - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 270

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x