Bad management or just a total rip off!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jun 2013 10:49 AM by sping Star rating in Stockport & Playa Go.... 148 posts Send private message

sping´s avatar

My daughter has just rented a car at Alicante airport, the car was a Fiat 500 with a fuel tank capacity of 35Lt. She was charged €100 for fuel, this works out about €2.85 per Lt.

So either the management at Gold car are totally inept at getting fuel at the going rate or they are ripping off their customers.  

Like 0      
26 Jun 2013 10:53 AM by Fighter2 Star rating. 237 posts Send private message

She should have refused to take the car, there is a standard complaints form in Spain with which you can repots scams like this to the authorities, she should ask for this and submit it.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2013 11:10 AM by ugraag Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Fighter 2 - do you know the name of this form so I can ask for it by name? And do we ask the car hire company?

Thanks

Like 0      
26 Jun 2013 12:12 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Hojas de reclamaciones (de los consumidores y usuarios)  "Complaints Form"

It is in triplicate and printed down the inside long side of the form in English is which copy is for whom.  As the instructions are printed in English as well as Spanish it would seem that, the complaint can be made in English.  Although some say it must be in Spanish. I have not put it to the test  as I have always done it in Spanish.

From an earlier post

"

If after 2 week you have not received satisfaction, you must take the ‘consumers office’ copy to that office i n the town hall. They will then pursue the complaint. If they fail to resolve it, they pass it on to another government office.

I have found usually,  that when you insist on the form the complaint is resolved immediately.  In usual   circumstances the system works extremely  well.

The biggest problem is that people are reluctant to ask for the form and to complete it.

"

This message was last edited by johnzx on 26/06/2013.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2013 12:58 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

The forms are normally in Spanish French & English, although some regions have German also .

The form can be legally completed in any language.

If you ask for the forms & they refuse, say they do noy have any call the Policia local as it is a criminal offence to deny , refuse or not have any.

As Johnzx says , merely asking for them will normally resolve it instantly.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2013 1:57 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

standard charge for car hire re-fuelling,thEy factor in labour costs for filling the car,exactly the same happened to me in the UK.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2013 3:46 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I just spoke to Gold Car at Alicante. (902 11 97 26 +34 965 94 31 86, I used the 965 number from Spain as I get free calls in Spain)

They say they charge for a full tank at market price (1.42 today) plus their labour cost., which amounts to about 15 euros per car.

That means it is 65 euros for a Fiat 500. 

They said it is impossible that a person was charged 100 euros for a Fiat 500 and that the person renting should speak to them.

If that is a 3 day rental they will refund for unused fuel, if for longer then they expect it to be returned empty as they will not make any refund.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2013 5:10 PM by sping Star rating in Stockport & Playa Go.... 148 posts Send private message

sping´s avatar

Thank you very much for all your replies, its great to have Eye on Spain as a means of getting in touch with some great people. Thanks

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

UK Non resident Ltd - a better solution? - 0 posts
A good gestoria - 4 posts
Portugals Police BINGOING Mad... - 5 posts
Moving On - 7 posts
We are in the UK and our bank doesn't respond - 9 posts
Investors Chronicle article on retiring abroad - 0 posts
Mosquito Traps? - 6 posts
SIM Cards - 2 posts
What happens in Notary Office when selling - 28 posts
A clean room project - 0 posts
Maintenance charges on bank accounts used for paying mortgage payments ! - 0 posts
Becoming non resident in spain for tax purposes - 7 posts
Moving to Spain March 2014 - 2 posts
Spanish Banks - Who can we complain to - 6 posts
Sewing Machines - 5 posts
Old for new - 6 posts
moving to spain park life - 3 posts
Amazon... - 5 posts
Any feed back please "Firefly Rent a car" Murcia San Javier - 12 posts
Finca Parcs Testimonial - 7 posts
Car rental Spain to UK and back - 6 posts
Meditation - 0 posts
Spanish Royal family news - 13 posts
Spain's Untouchables - 4 posts
A huge thank you everyone - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x