Hotter in UK than Spain!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 May 2009 10:38 AM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Goodstich44

Thank you for your reply.  When I read your posting this morning it again made me think how wrong the system is in spain.  It has brought about so much tension and anxiety and to me paints a completely different picture of what I thought spain was.  What makes things worse is the amount of time it takes for justice to be done.  It takes big decisions and a lot of hard work for the average couple/person to get to the point where they decide to retire to a different country.  I feel we have been very badly treated at all levels, right from the word Ambasun (they were our agent) it is now more than 2 years since all this started for us. To be honest I would rather be stuck this side of the water than the spanish side. I dont think anyone would or could understand unless they were in this situation,  I feel for your situation goodstich44. I want to think that it will all turn out for us and that justice will prevail but until then we should try to take in the nice things in life that are around us, enjoy the green lush scenery, the cream teas, enjoy our families and try to stay nice people.  They cant take that away from us.

I wish you all the best my friend and keep smiling. Stay positive.

Regards Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      
04 May 2009 12:42 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Chrissie

thanks for your kind and thoughtful words. Our Spanish 'dream' has also been shattered by corruption, lack of regulation and slow/poor justice, as has many peoples. I still love the country and the people, and I realise that the things I love about Spain (as well as the weather, sea and landscape), like the easy going feeling, the lack of too many rules and regs, are probably the flip side of what has caused so many problems. You are very lucky if you can have it all ways I guess?. The weeks we spent touring Spain on motorbike and car years ago, and the places we found and locals we met will stay with us forever anyway.

I have much to be thankful for, my wife, my children, family, friends etc. We have our own house, car, mod cons, we live in a village in a fabulous country with mostly common sense regulation and justice I realise now, so things could be much worse. Recent events, and in particular my mother in laws situation though, have made me realise once again how important it is not to take things in life for granted.  We really have to take advantage of the good times and make the best of them while they are there.

All the best with your situation, I feel very sorry for you and anyone who has to go through this injustice through no fault of their own, and as you say  Keep Smiling!

Like 0      
04 May 2009 1:09 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Goodstich

Onward and upward my friend.  Keep in touch and hopefully there will be good news for you by the end of the month.  It sure puts things into perspective.  I think there will still be quite a few big decisions for us all to make once the cards are all on the table.

Maybe we can swap ideas in the coming months.  I am sure it helps a lot when there are like minded people around like there are on EOS.  A trouble shared is a trouble halved

Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      
04 May 2009 2:40 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Chrissie

yes, swopping ideas is good. I'm always happy to help with any info' that might be useful. People on this forum have been great, and very supportive. With the info' available now about the corruption and the bad guys, and the recession/downturn in sales/exchange rate, I think the tide is very slowly turning, which will hopefully benifit everyone apart from the bad guys in the long run. Perhaps to late for us?, but it will be great to see others not having to go through the same nightmare.

Like 0      
04 May 2009 6:54 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Goodstich

Had a bit of trouble with EOS it keeps telling me about a couple of viruses, trojan and another one I cant even pronounce. I have got the Norton virus checker on my computer and I have had to make sure all of my updates are OK.  I think the folk who go about wrecking things with viruses are real pests.  Poor old Justin has his work cut out.  Lets hope things settle down a bit now. 

I do agree with you about the tide turning and I also think the voices are getting louder and angrier.  Spain will have to take a long hard look at itself sooner or later.  No wonder the courts are awash with work, cant say that I feel sorry for them at present.  I just wish they could sort out the timescales and then  maybe we could all get on with our lives after all its our hard earnt money they seem to have lost. There should at least be a protocol that should be adhered to and once it goes over the time certain aspects should automatically click in.  A safeguard if you like for people like us.

Anyway my friend I hope this message finds you because I was cut off in mid message the last time and it didnt get through.  I am glad we have EOS and the wealth of knowledge and friendhsip is fantastic. Remember its always good to have a moan and get it off your chest I find it makes things a lot better.

Take care Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      
04 May 2009 6:59 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Can I join in the convo? 

Last Friday our family and friends celebrated the marriage of our son and his lovely fiancee. When we got to the Church it was sunny but a bit chilly.  the marriage service  was beautiful. We had a 32 Male Voice Choir Their singing of the hymns gave me goose pimples!. My (now) daughter-in-law entered the Church to a wonderful Soprano singing Ave Maria.  Hankie time!   When we came out of the Church, the sun was shining and it was so warm for the rest of the week-end. We had a truly glorious time.

Then, when I thought  I couldn't  get any better...it did.  This afternoon, we received an email from our Spanish Lawyer, telling us that we have won our case against the  Marbella based law firm we engaged to buy an apartment that was never built.  We had to pay  approx €7,500+ upfront in legal fees.   We have been awarded the return of 60% + legal interest (we were claiming 70%!!)  Our Lawyer thinks this is the first case (by a Spanish Lawyer ) where another Spanish Lawyer has been succesfully condemded for failing to carry out his duties...... !

Goodstich, you know how long my husband and I have been fighting the Spanish system.  It's taken some years, but it appears we have victory for the second time.  I'm really hoping that you will soon feel the elation that we are.  You certainly deserve it. Have faith.  More than anything ,I'm so happy that we have, at last, won a moral victory above everything else.

Like 0      
04 May 2009 7:00 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Chrissie, when I logged into EOS Norton told me I had 64viruses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It said  " unsafe site".

This message was last edited by Tish on 04/05/2009.

Like 0      
04 May 2009 7:28 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Tish

At the weekend I had 64 I dont begin to know about these things but its a flamin nightmare for Justin. When I got the message about 64 it took me nearly a complete day to update my computer.  I didnt want to take any chances because I have heard that the trojan virus is the daddy of baddy's. I couldnt even say the other virus.

Sounds like really good news for you Tish,  How long has this all taken for you to get this far with your case.? Our original lawyer I believe failed us along with Ambasun.  I must admit we were very green about these issues but have learnt a lot since.  I do hope that all who have in good faith paid money to a builder should be able to get it back if the builder/lawyer or agent  have failed to stick to their contract.  It would be very different it the boot was on the other foot and we had failed them after all.  The circumstances have changed for a lot of people because of the acitions of builders etc failing and it has meant a lot of heart ache for many.

It is however very pleasing to know your newsTish and its is nice that you share it with us.  At least it shows that some good has come of the awful situations we have found ourselves in through no fault of ours.

Wishing you all the best and thanks again for sharing your very good news. Tish your sons wedding sounds like a very happy occasion and i am positively sure I would have gotten my hankie out too.   Ave Maria always makes me cry leave alone the occasion of marriage.  You must have felt very proud.      Its so nice to hear nice things.

Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      
04 May 2009 8:08 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Tish

what a smashing post!  First your sons wedding, then the e-mail confirming the second part of your justice. Fantastic news, i'm so pleased for you. You really deserve this for not only all you have been through, but also all the help and advice you have given on this and the other main Spanish property website.

A morel victory indeed, and encouragement for others cheated that justice is possible, despite the odds often seeming very much against us.

Have a good celebration .  Perhaps one day, a few of us who have triumped against the crooks will get together and do the same?

Like 0      
04 May 2009 9:05 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Thanks Goodstich.  You wrote:   Perhaps one day, a few of us who have triumped against the crooks will get together and do the same?

I would really like  to do that!   Having said that..... let's wait until we actually get the money!! 

Like 0      
10 May 2009 11:35 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

we have had a good week of dry and sunny/bright/windy weather and were looking forward to today with a promised much less wind and raised temperature.

Well it started as predicted but instead of falling the wind speed increased greatly and reduced the temperature to pullovers and finally a retreat indoors.

Disappointment all round but no damp.

Hotter - possible I suppose perhaps a couple of times a year no more.

Tish

fantastic news, let us all hope that perhaps a change is coming for everyone's sake, though I suppose it would be a miracle if the law firm did not appeal.

Good luck.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
10 May 2009 11:44 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Beautiful here today, bit windy earlier but gorgeous this afternoon. Still sitting here in vest top and shorts..........................!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
11 May 2009 8:53 AM by deniababe Star rating in Herefordshire & Deni.... 9 posts Send private message

Definatley hotter in Spain  - back in the UK now and am needing a jumper - 27 dgrees in Denia last week - only nee a t-shirt and shorts!

Missing the sunshine and wall to wall bright blue skies!

Like 0      
11 May 2009 10:50 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Yup! Another loverly day today. Gotta go back to UK in june (maybe) but not looking forward to having to wrap up!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 May 2009 1:10 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Oh dear,

Really bright here, but the wind has increased to coastal easterly gales and the heads are being blown off the flowers.

It is surprising how wearing constant wind of this intensity can be, this is not just fluttering Justin's shirt collar, this is batten down all loose articles stuff.

Give us a break soon Mr Wind-maker.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
12 May 2009 1:22 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

normansands

yes, I tried to play tennis in this last night.  The ball went like a rocket one way, and a snail the other!.......and sooooooooo cold.  I cycle to work about 5 hilly miles each way.  I nearly came to a standstill going uphill in to the head wind this morning. Weather like this in May reminds me why I tried to buy a place in Spain.  Ho Hum

Like 0      
12 May 2009 4:24 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

I spent Sunday afternoon sweeping our 60' x 20' patio. It was covered in the husks from the Ash tree coming into leaf. Then came the gale force wind and all my hard work was for nothing as it now looks worse than ever, covered in bits of branches & leaves from the other trees. Worse weather is to come as we are forecast heavy rain tomorrow!!  Yup, for all it's faults, Spain seems a better option...weatherwise!

Like 0      
12 May 2009 6:10 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Oh dear, yet another hot sunny day here in Terreros.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
12 May 2009 6:18 PM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

'ere up north 'tas been a grand day.....

I spent the morning gardening and the afternoon dozing in the warm sunshine. It always has that effect on me. That is the biggest drawback of the Spanish climate - I spend soooo much time asleep .  Still love it ...

This message was last edited by randolph on 12/05/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bank Guarantee - 3 posts
Searching for....... - 2 posts
With Ref to ADH - 3 posts
POLARIS WORLD VICTIM SUPPORT - 2 posts
Tracing a lawyer - 1 posts
golf courses in and around murcia - 11 posts
moving to spain - 0 posts
insurance needed - 5 posts
SUNDAY DINNER IN OR AROUND MANILVA - 1 posts
Visa electron - 9 posts
Forum signatures need sorting - Your input please - 48 posts
Any recommend a good chiropractor between Gibraltar and Marbella? - 7 posts
Looking for Paul Tobias - 1 posts
how bad is the market? - 9 posts
West Highland White Terrier Puppy wanted - 1 posts
Wireless Internet - 10 posts
Passport validity - 8 posts
How to access the online form for Resident Income Tax 2008 - 9 posts
Vandalism! - 4 posts
Can I delay my completion based on a lack of insurance underwriting of my rental scheme? - 1 posts
Spanish 'Highway Code' - 1 posts
Is there a time limit to issue the LFO and is a back-dated LFO legal? - 5 posts
Chinese - 15 posts
Size of Pump - 2 posts
Chanel+, do not adjust your set - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 79

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x