Hotter in UK than Spain!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Apr 2009 5:09 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Moaning not allowed from residents of Spain Foxbat

Only us cold lot in the UK are allowed to do that!

I envy you, you must have stunning views................

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 7:58 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Definitely no moans from this direction!

Much sooner be here than there.

And yes when the clouds clear the views are superb...

There is still a lot of ski-able snow in the Sierra Nevadas about 50 minutes drive from here and the season has been extended until mid May.

Just taken the dogs for their evening stroll; me with two sweaters and a jacket...

And they used to say 'Skegness Is so Bracing...!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 11:22 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Goodstich

Wishing you all the luck in the world, you deserve it. I'm sending you some bling for luck.....

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 11:28 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Goodstitch,

best wishes, hope you win and get full recompense.

Do you have the same view as I do as to culprits and level of blame?

The highest level of blame must in my view go to those who completed on known unsatisfactory deals and thus undermined the others whose deposits were at risk.

Second must be the lawyers who somehow seem to escape on this forum.

Client - Caveat Emptor - due diligence - ask all the questions - do the research - understand the answers and results - be an expert in all things.
Then pay a ransom to an "independent" lawyer to do formality paperwork.
When he is the all-knowing crook that has facilitated the transaction by his connivance and without which it could never have happened in the first place.

However back to thread, in Kent we have had good dry weather and now getting the rain we were seeking to get some grass growth.

Every year we complain but still the harvest comes in but I no longer believe that CDS gets the sunny days quoted and it has been amusing seeing Justin and Co in their polar gear complaining about the bad winter.

Best of luck once again and hopefully Spain will clean up its act and luck wont come into it in the future.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 11:48 AM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Goodstitch,

Wishing you   the very best of luck and an end to the years of worry.

My fingers and everything else are crossed for a favourable outcome!!!!!

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 12:52 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Candyfloss-normansands-sandra

thanks for your kind thoughts and words.

Candyfloss

is it ok if i flog the bling to pay for the trip to Spain

normansands

I sort of agree with you on the completion thing. Our situation was different to others on our development though, as we were transfered from a previous development (balcones dre riviera) that never even got a building license, despite the agent (OVP)telling us it was issued and releasing our 30% deposit to the developer (Aifos) through their UK lawyer.  It gets worse!  The development we were transfered to (Angel de Miraflores) had no LFO and we had no BG either at completion time, as well as being two years late being built, and having sewage problems at the time, so we said we wouldn't complete. We were threatened though by OVP and their lawyer that we would lose our deposit if we didn't complete, even with huge breaches of contract. So we all had a gun to our head, and some couldn't stand the fight, which you can't really blame them for.  After a brief spell with OVP's Spanish lawyer we realised they were part of the scam and changed again to our current lawyer. Soon after we changed lawyer, our new lawyer said Aifos had written to them, saying they had sold our 100 metre square apartment by mistake!, but we could have one half the size instead, with no discount. 

So here we are today 7 years down the line, fighting for our deposit, something even a blind man could see we were cheated out of!!

Who's to blame?  The UK agent, the UK lawyer, the first Spanish lawyer, and the developer, who I believe were all part of the same scam (the UK agent and lawyer since gone bust and started new ventures!) and the Spanish system for not regulating against crooks. As for the justice system?,  we will know the answer to that one,(for our case at least) very soon. I don't think our case could be more black and white.

Anyway, it's peeing down with rain again here, so looking forward to a few days of Spanish sunshine!

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 1:48 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Goodstitch,

thanks for the info, who holds the gun? the lawyer no doubt and the system that supports him in his corruption.

Surely, though the Law Society are also responsible for the UK lawyer? Have you taken any action there?

The grass is getting greener here and we have pullovers under our macs.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 2:13 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Norman

yes we have reported the UK lawyer, as have others. The answer we got from the law society was '' We are sorry, but as your case against them happened longer than 12 months ago, we feel we can't take action''

My wife and I were amazed at that response, so we have reported them to the ombudsman who deals with complaints against the law society. The company involved (UK Conveyancing) wound up last year, and started up again as financial advisors, leaving their debts behind them. You could't make it up could you!

Ultimately the buck stops with the developers. They are ones who had our money, and tried to palm us of with rubbish, then refused to return our deposit. Had we had a decent lawyer though, working for us!, the various lies and breaches of contract would have prevented our money being given to the developer. We assumed we could trust a legal body working in our interest! The UK agents were also liars and cheats who got away with it, because in Spain, you can!

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 2:42 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Goodstitch44 - I wish you the very best of luck ... this sure has been a long time coming!

I know the case is different to yours, but I've just heard that the Prior's have won their case, and the Spanish Government have been ordered to pay them 600,000 euros in compensation =D>

I hope this gives others in a similar position some hope ... although how quickly it will be paid maybe another story ......

This message was last edited by buzylizzie on 4/17/2009.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 2:58 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Goodstitch,

Astonishing - surely the "happening" is when you discover his "errors" and need to complain not when he committed the undiscovered error.

12 months should be 12 years or more, the crime does not diminish with age does it?

No doubt you would be happy with the Home Secretary's solution - apologise and pay the money back, then the "crime" is OK and forgotten.

It is a very strange world, where do the critics think you went wrong, what due diligence did you leave undone?

On the positive side will you have another go and what lawyer would you use? Or is that to be decided?

Thanks again for the information and please keep us informed.

Yes it is still raining and the sun is somewhere else.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 3:12 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Goodstitch,

All the very best of luck!

Don't let the evil, lying, no good, S.*.*. get you down.

You will win.

Norman,

"The grass is getting greener here and we have pullovers under our macs."

Same here, only I'm wearing shorts, t-shirt and sun glasses as it's warm 'n sunny, and next week it will be a hot, sunny 25 degrees celsius. 

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 4/17/2009.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 4:25 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Goodstich, you know I send you my best too. You've been through far too much.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 5:06 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Thanks again everyone. Will report back next Wednesday.

buzylizzie

great news about Priors at long last. As you say, they need to hold celebrations 'till they their money secured.

normansands

our current lawyer is our best bet I feel.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 11:06 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Goodstich

'course you can flog the bling

We are also going on Sunday and the weather forecast is looking good. I'll try and get on the net when I'm over there.

Shame you're not in Murcia, we could have had a glass or ten

Will be thinking of you

Like 0      
19 Apr 2009 6:36 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

th sun is back, the grass is growing but the pullovers are necessary, it's not very warm.

Need a bit of a break before it gts too hot there.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
19 Apr 2009 9:06 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Hi All

Just want to say what a beautiful weekend it has been.  The sun has finally arrived but I agree with Norman the jumpers are still necessary.  Thank goodness its friendlier on this forum.  Unfortunately the Off Plan Forum for Santa Ana Delmonte is really horrible so, I thought I would cheer myself up and renew my faith in man on the Community Forum.

Hope you all managed to enjoy the sunshine.

Regards Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      
19 Apr 2009 9:11 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Chrissie

It's been beautiful, hasn't it ?

Great to 'see' you around. Trust you're well, both of you.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2009 9:39 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Hi More

You never fail to bring some sunshine to the forum.  Lovely to hear from you.  Rob and I are well thanks really enjoying the sun.  We had our lunch in the back garden today and the grass is growing faster each week.  Its back to work tomorrow so we are making the best of the time at the weekend. My avatar really reflects the mood.  I dont post on the off plan forum because its a very miserable place and the majority of the time nothing sensible is talked about just a lot of bullying and negative accusations.  I didnt realise that spain was in such a mess so its been a big shock. 

I hope you are well and happy.  Take care.

Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      
20 Apr 2009 7:39 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

just as I was about to book flights this globe has warmed. The garden has coloured up, the rape is blooming in the countryside and the pullovers have been cast off.

They tell us this is just the beginning, by the end of the week we can expect 22 degrees, wow, what is happening?????

Is it all a tease?

Can we expect frost in May and snow showers in June?????

Still with sun and 22 degrees Gatwick can wait.

Good to see Justin in short sleeves, I am not quite there yet, but by Friday???

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
20 Apr 2009 7:55 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Hi there

Yup its definitely arrived that orb in the sky.  We have lots of pictures and videos of our new lambs such joy.  Unfortunately I am not clever enough to post them onto the forum it never fails to make me smile watching the new lambs jumping all over their mums.  Anyway I did cast off my socks today now it has to be warm for me to do that.  By Friday I may even reveal my shoulders now there's a sight they are so white looks like I've had a wash in Daz.

Do you think we could get 22 degrees in the snow ? Now that might be a first in the good old UK.

Regards Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bank Guarantee - 3 posts
Searching for....... - 2 posts
With Ref to ADH - 3 posts
POLARIS WORLD VICTIM SUPPORT - 2 posts
Tracing a lawyer - 1 posts
golf courses in and around murcia - 11 posts
moving to spain - 0 posts
insurance needed - 5 posts
SUNDAY DINNER IN OR AROUND MANILVA - 1 posts
Visa electron - 9 posts
Forum signatures need sorting - Your input please - 48 posts
Any recommend a good chiropractor between Gibraltar and Marbella? - 7 posts
Looking for Paul Tobias - 1 posts
how bad is the market? - 9 posts
West Highland White Terrier Puppy wanted - 1 posts
Wireless Internet - 10 posts
Passport validity - 8 posts
How to access the online form for Resident Income Tax 2008 - 9 posts
Vandalism! - 4 posts
Can I delay my completion based on a lack of insurance underwriting of my rental scheme? - 1 posts
Spanish 'Highway Code' - 1 posts
Is there a time limit to issue the LFO and is a back-dated LFO legal? - 5 posts
Chinese - 15 posts
Size of Pump - 2 posts
Chanel+, do not adjust your set - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 79

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x